Frank Lampard

DavidEU

What is most impressive about his recent form is that he is showing qualities I never knew he had like his perfect timing on sliding tackles. Dare I say this defensive midfielder/deep-lying play maker role suites him better?

What is most impressive about his recent form is that he is showing qualities I never knew he had like his perfect timing on sliding tackles. Dare I say this defensive midfielder/deep-lying play maker role suites him better?

I've been always a fan of his tackles and I knew this was a part of his game which is really underrated.

He's always been a good tackler and defender, I'm surprised you only noticed it recently.

i must confessed that in the heydays of AVB, i was not a fan of lampard at all. i saw him as the single most disruptive player in chelsea ( and i still think so when things don't go his way). But since RDM days and lampard being deployed as a deep lying playmaker, i have had to eat my words over and over again. He is simply awesome in that role and his combination with mata and drogba/torres is astonishing. His pass to drogba for that second goal against loserpool was simply xaviesque. His importance to the team has grown in leap folds since he was redeployed deeper in the midfield. The question that has bugged my mind since RDM's takeover is (why was lampard so negative towards this same role during AVB's time but now takes to it like fish to water under RDM) was AVB's man-management skill that bad?????

Frank Lampard , simply the best.

I don't know what words should i write to describe his greatness, unique player , we'll never see a player like him , so class , so complete , AVB never used him well , but was still decisive , against the Wolves , Blackburn , Norwich....

He can assist , score , from close range , long distance , decisive in the big games , very good captain , always defending , attacking , even if he's 34 years , he still is one the best midfielder of the world, his passe to Ramires at the Bridge against Barca , the second one at the Nou Camp was perfect , his is always in the right place in the right time , my favourite player from his begging until i die , he'll be for me the greatest Chelsea player. I hope he'll be our top scorer of all time , he's so close.

Frank Lampard is a genius , i'll cry when he'll retire , hopefully , we'll still watch him for a long time.

He's prolonged his career by re-inventing himself as a deep lying playmaker. He plays that position really well. We may not even need a creative CM if Lampard can do the job. We can focus on just strengthening the Wings.

Disagree. Need to get a new CM sooner or later. No doubt that Lampard has adapted well to the deep lying midfielder role but we can't expect him to play every game next season and certainly can't gamble on him to play well every time he does play. Yes, we definitely must get wingers in but so is a creative midfielder or two this summer.