Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Freakin' awesome. Do you have a link to this interview & Praise of the Big DD? Sorry to be a lil' Beeyatch, but this should be on the DD thread & not the Supa Frank thread.

Its a talksport interview, the article is from The Sun: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4334918/Frank-Lampard-says-Didier-Drogba-is-the-best-player-he-has-ever-played-with.html

And yeah, should have put it in Didier's thread..

He will apparently sign an extension that will mean he retires here. Although, he will get a £25,000 INCREASE to his wage.

Fuark, so we're gonna give a 33 year old midfielder a 25k increase in his wage...even though we are apparently undergoing a rebuilding phase.

Lampsy should take a pay cut.

Fuark, so we're gonna give a 33 year old midfielder a 25k increase in his wage...even though we are apparently undergoing a rebuilding phase.

Lampsy should take a pay cut.

He probably wants to be compensated for the reduced playing time he will have next season. Thus the wage increase.

To the people saying he deserves a pay raise even though his role will soon be smaller than before, I ask you why do other clubs' veteran players accept a pay cut when they grow older? Giggs, Scholes etc. have been great servants for Manchester United for an even longer period of time than Lampard has been for us but they've still accepted a smaller role with smaller wages. If we seriously want to move forward as a club we need to reconsider if we want to give Lampard a new contract with wages of something like 200k a week for God knows how many more years and in a year or two he will most certainly be too old to start the majority of games and then we have a player with MASSIVE wages sitting on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, to me he's a Chelsea legend forever and I want him to get a contract extension so he can retire at the club when the time comes but Frank needs to meet the club halfway and not demand outrageous wages for a smaller role. If he can't accept that then maybe it will be better for both parties that he leaves next year and goes to China or Russia to get his final paycheck but I hope we can work things out with him and he stays for a couple of more years at least.

We still need one or two veterans in the squad, regardless of this 're-building project'.

Lampard will be happy with a bit-part role in coming seasons, just as long as we replace him with quality, and not average players like Meireles.

Strongly agree with the first part. Not too confident on the bolded part. Will unfortunately depend on whether the manager actually imposes himself or just tries to present an imposing image to the media.

To the people saying he deserves a pay raise even though his role will soon be smaller than before, I ask you why do other clubs' veteran players accept a pay cut when they grow older? Giggs, Scholes etc. have been great servants for Manchester United for an even longer period of time than Lampard has been for us but they've still accepted a smaller role with smaller wages. If we seriously want to move forward as a club we need to reconsider if we want to give Lampard a new contract with wages of something like 200k a week for God knows how many more years and in a year or two he will most certainly be too old to start the majority of games and then we have a player with MASSIVE wages sitting on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, to me he's a Chelsea legend forever and I want him to get a contract extension so he can retire at the club when the time comes but Frank needs to meet the club halfway and not demand outrageous wages for a smaller role. If he can't accept that then maybe it will be better for both parties that he leaves next year and goes to China or Russia to get his final paycheck but I hope we can work things out with him and he stays for a couple of more years at least.

China, Russia? Lmao, clearly you've misidentified Lampard as a player/person. MLS is about the closest he will come to leaving England, and even that is a long shot.

We don't have anything concrete to suggest he wants 200k a pw either, it's all speculation.

China, Russia? Lmao, clearly you've misidentified Lampard as a player/person. MLS is about the closest he will come to leaving England, and even that is a long shot.

We don't have anything concrete to suggest he wants 200k a pw either, it's all speculation.

Those were just examples of places where a player with a good reputation can get a shitload of money but MLS is good too.

And you are correct by saying it's all speculation at this time but I saw some people saying he deserves a raise (not just on this forum) after leading us to the CL title and that's what I answered to.