Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Mata.

Thanks. Excellent, so another 3 assists for Juan if I'm not wrong

Where are all the Lampard moaners now?? :ph34r:

He's playing well tho! Nothing to moan about. Still unhappy with his behavior earlier n the season.

Thanks. Excellent, so another 3 assists for Juan if I'm not wrong

2 actually - Terry's goal & Torres's 3rd.

He's playing well tho! Nothing to moan about. Still unhappy with his behavior earlier n the season.

Precisely my point. :)

It was Mata but don't think it counted as an assist. Onuoha(I think) and Paddy Kenny got a touch before Torres blasted it home.

Ah okay. But they have to officially give the assist to a player of the same team right? What's usually done for such situations? Or is there simply no 'assist'?

You should look up the official match report. I'm not sure where you can find it, but they should have all the assists listed. Assisting can be pretty loosely interpreted so it could have been given as one but also might not.

He's been showing a fantastic defensive side to his game lately, no more so than in the Barca games.

Not to mention the long passes. I think him and Ramires have an excellent understanding of each other. He seems to pick out his runs perfectly, just like today and in the 2 Barca games.

Ah okay. But they have to officially give the assist to a player of the same team right? What's usually done for such situations? Or is there simply no 'assist'?

No assist. You don't always get assists for goals, for instance:

• If a defender plays the ball to an opposition striker, there is no assist - example; Gerrard's back-pass to Drogba at Anfield in 2010.
  • The ball ricochets off a defender and back into the path of a striker - example; Sturridge's goal yesterday.
  • If a player runs from deep with the ball after winning the ball back - example; Nicolas Anelka winning the ball back in midfield against Sunderland and scoring in 2009

There are more circumstances, but technically if there is no assist, it is credited as a 'key pass', so Mata's ball for Nando's second goal is credited as such rather than an assist.

I thought he was our most consistent player today, i thought he did good job of breaking up plays in the back and provided some nice outlets of passing. He is not scoring as many goals as he was earlier in the season, but he is contributing a lot more in his new role.