Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Is Lampard's contract expiring next summer? Any chance of the club extending it??

Yeah his contract expires next summer. It will be interesting to see if it happens, i think it depends more on Lampard then Chelsea. If he has a lesser role next season, i think it is less likely he stays. He will have major offers abroad.

Yeah his contract expires next summer. It will be interesting to see if it happens, i think it depends more on Lampard then Chelsea. If he has a lesser role next season, i think it is less likely he stays. He will have major offers abroad.

Gawd, I hope not!

Gawd, I hope not!

I hope not either, he played his best football in the double pivot this season. I think if RDM stays or another manager who continues the 4-2-3-1 then i think he can extend his career.

Lampard was immense that night. Noticed how he ran everywhere to help defensively, side to side, end to end. I especially remember when Bosingwa was pinning Contento(?), then all of a sudden out of nowhere Lampard runs into the frame 100 km/h and Contento falls over anticipating a tackle. That summed up his performance and contribution, doing a large chunk of dirty work for the team. It's astonishing that a player, who is mostly known for his attacking and goal scoring ability, is such a presence in defence as well. Mostly players are unipolar, being good at either one or the other, but rarely at both like our super Frank.