Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I posted this in the Golazo thread, but I think it deserves a place here: (apologies for the lack of replays- I made this myself :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQe-9QQRXAg

Makes you wonder why he doesn't take our free kicks these days.

His free kicks have been pretty poor these last few seasons -- obviously a few exceptions aside (the Spurs one most notably). He hits the wall most of the time. His long shots aren't as good any more either.

His free kicks have been pretty poor these last few seasons -- obviously a few exceptions aside (the Spurs one most notably). He hits the wall most of the time. His long shots aren't as good any more either.

He has hardly attempted any long range shots these days.

Agreed but I think he realizes he isn't capable of hitting them the way he used to?

Think he is still capable of hitting them, just probably no longer mobile and agile enough to get into those situations or create those opportunities for himself. Another factor could possibly be we tend to play narrow these days till the point the middle area is so congested at times, thus preventing any chance of shooting from distance.

Think he is still capable of hitting them, just probably no longer mobile and agile enough to get into those situations or create those opportunities for himself. Another factor could possibly be we tend to play narrow these days till the point the middle area is so congested at times, thus preventing any chance of shooting from distance.

maybe lack of confidence - perfect example, champions league final, our first shot on goal from Kalou. Lamps was right at the edge of the box front and centre and should have struck it first time when drogba played it to him. Instead, he passed it to Kalou.

Roy Hodgson just said that he favours 2 Strikers in his line-up for the Euros, Do you guys think Lampard will be a sure Starter when theres only 2 Midfield places and Gerrard and Parker in the Squad? In my opinion he must start!

maybe lack of confidence - perfect example, champions league final, our first shot on goal from Kalou. Lamps was right at the edge of the box front and centre and should have struck it first time when drogba played it to him. Instead, he passed it to Kalou.

Nah. He was just trying to continue the passing move back then and Kalou was in space to receive it anyway. Had Kalou squared it back to Lampard, he would have probably scored.

Roy Hodgson just said that he favours 2 Strikers in his line-up for the Euros, Do you guys think Lampard will be a sure Starter when theres only 2 Midfield places and Gerrard and Parker in the Squad? In my opinion he must start!

Can't be bothered. The lesser he plays for England, the better it would be for us.

Don't give two shits. If he starts then he'll be blamed for their defeat and/or exit from the competition. Would rather he save his energy for us.

Yeah good point!

bbc football news@bbcfoot

Lampard suffers training injury:

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews

BREAKING NEWS: Frank Lampard injured during England training today - full details to follow on #SSN

ITV Football@itvfootball

Frank Lampard has pulled up in #England training with thigh injury. Scan tomorrow. Jordan Henderson on standby #Euro2012

:ph34r:

LAMPARD ENGLAND INJURY

Posted on: Wed 30 May 2012

The FA has announced that Frank Lampard suffered a thigh injury while training with the England squad on Wednesday morning ahead of Saturday's international against Belgium.

The FA said:

'Frank Lampard has today pulled up in training with a thigh injury.

'He will be assessed by the medical team, and scanned tomorrow.

'Jordan Henderson has been put on standby notice as cover whilst Lampard continues to be monitored.'

http://www.chelseafc...2792630,00.html