Frank Lampard

DavidEU

'I had sat down with Ferran (Soriano, the chief executive of both clubs) and it was all about New York. There was no mention of Man City. If they had wanted to speak to me on behalf of Man City, with New York in the pipeline beyond that, because I was a free agent, but that was never the question at all.
'To be honest when I thought about five or six months off, I thought it was quite a result. I thought I've been playing solid for a long, long time. It will be a good break. I'll find a way to keep fit. I thought I maybe could train with Chelsea.'
'In a million years I wouldn't celebrate if I scored against Chelsea. I used to celebrate when I scored against West Ham, but that was a different situation. When I left West Ham there was a hostility from me towards them over certain things - old new now. But with Chelsea? Never.
'I swear to God, if I went to the Bridge and they booed me for 90 minutes and I scored the winner, I still wouldn't celebrate. It would never come into my head and I think the fans there understand me and how I feel about it. I would never celebrate against Chelsea. That would be ridiculous.'

I can't beleive the arrogance of this guy. He thinks he's going to come in to SB and score the winner against us. :D:D Like this time Chelsea players are going to path way for him like the coming of Moses through the red sea. :rolleyes: Talk about being delusional. We are not going to be fooled twice. I'm sure Chelsea players and Jose will be ready for him. :readthemessage:

It is real sad to see the hatred towards Lampard now. It is understandable but if we end up winning the league this season which I reckon we will do I won't really care about Lampard playing for City. He won everything at us, broke bagful of records and is really one of a kind. No 1 year deal to a team who needs our legend to help them is going to bother me. I will remember the years where he helped us to glory. Best moment was the Bolton game when he scored the double at Reebok to gift us the title.

Everyone has their opinions and I can't begrudge people for having a change of opinion of him but he is still a legend in my eyes. As long as we lift the title I will just forget that he ever played for them.

I think that's pretty much my stance on it after calming down.

As long as we win the league I really could care less. I hope that one day we can welcome him back here for a coaching role...

He certainly didn't help himself, though.

Good finally a investigation because in my eyes, they are avoiding the FFP and if we did the same thing we would be all over the media, and a fine. I bet any money on it.

Their owner looks like a right gimp, so glad Roman owns us.

Mourinho's said that we offered him a new contract, Frank said we didn't. Who's lying? There's no concrete evidence at all in that statement.

The problem here is not that Mourinho lied but rather the sentences are taken out of context and do not read the full statements:

"They were offered new deals. We were in this process until the end, but you arrive into a moment where you ask what’s the best for the team? What’s the best for the other players? What’s the best for them? And it depends also on their mentality."

Mourinho said he was offered a new contract, but in those same statements he also said the club had to think about what was best for the team. My theory is that is that not yet reached an agreement and the club decided to withdraw the offer of renewal. So both statements had make sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2629621/Frank-Lampards-Chelsea-future-balance-talks-threaten-break-down.html

Not much to say anymore. The writing is one the wall. I don't hate the bloke, but I can't say I"m not disappointed. I'm still a huge fan and supporter of the player I got to watch for so many years, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the man himself.

I still believe we could have given him a one year extension. This whole City situation is happening because he wanted to play another year and we just did not offer him that. Say what you want but that is kind of messed up from our side as well.

We could have really used him in the squad this season. He would have been the perfect squad player for us( same role he has at City.) Also I am sure it must have hurt him to see the club re-sign Drogba but not extend his contract. I would not say he took revenge but maybe just felt a little disrespected. Lampard and I think most of us here knew that he still had a season left in him and instead of sacrificing that away, he chose to continue playing.

He could have gone to another league like Cole but perhaps a change of league was not worth it for him.

I still believe we could have given him a one year extension. This whole City situation is happening because he wanted to play another year and we just did not offer him that. Say what you want but that is kind of messed up from our side as well.

We could have really used him in the squad this season. He would have been the perfect squad player for us( same role he has at City.) Also I am sure it must have hurt him to see the club re-sign Drogba but not extend his contract. I would not say he took revenge but maybe just felt a little disrespected. Lampard and I think most of us here knew that he still had a season left in him and instead of sacrificing that away, he chose to continue playing.

He could have gone to another league like Cole but perhaps a change of league was not worth it for him.

That's not true, or at the very least there is no proof for that. There is some inconclusive proof that we did offer him a contract as Jose said and some reports claimed in Feb-March of last year, but there is zero proof, to my knowledge, that he was not offered a new contract. Not even Frank himself has come out and explicitly said that he was not offered a new contract.

Not much to say anymore. The writing is one the wall. I don't hate the bloke, but I can't say I"m not disappointed. I'm still a huge fan and supporter of the player I got to watch for so many years, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the man himself.

It is very hard at this moment. But if we won the PL this season and then Lampard no longer at City somehow, I think some will get 'softer' toward him.

Chelsea1.jpg

One of the players in this picture is someone who gave their all to Chelsea even when things didn't go well.

The other is Frank Lampard.

:Goober:

Already it seems such a long time ago since these two were wearing the #8 and #9 though.

That's not true, or at the very least there is no proof for that. There is some inconclusive proof that we did offer him a contract as Jose said and some reports claimed in Feb-March of last year, but there is zero proof, to my knowledge, that he was not offered a new contract. Not even Frank himself has come out and explicitly said that he was not offered a new contract.

Honestly we might never know but I highly doubt he would reject an extension because clearly he wanted to play another season in the premier league.

According to me-

We did not offer him an extension and he chose to go to the MLS but later changed his mind when he got to know about Drogba's return.

Honestly we might never know but I highly doubt he would reject an extension because clearly he wanted to play another season in the premier league.

According to me-

We did not offer him an extension and he chose to go to the MLS but later changed his mind when he got to know about Drogba's return.

As I eluded to in a post above, the issue was with wages. The contract that we offered him was rumored to be on reduced wages while he is now supposedly on a higher wage at City than he ever was at Chelsea.