Frank Lampard

DavidEU

NYC didn't approach him, they were only a concept then.. Man-City did, and I refuse to believe Lampard is that naive. He will have known exactly what was going on, and how things would be 'perceived'.

NYC weren't a concept they were a real club that was being prepared for the next season. Where is the naivety in what I posted? He left, he was given a good offer that let him keep playing in England.

Jesus Christ, Term-X you paint Lamps as a guy that had been planning and scheming this for half of his life. It is quite simply just how things turned out, he left and was given a chance to keep playing in England while then being able to comfortably move to the States afterwards.

NYC weren't a concept they were a real club that was being prepared for the next season. Where is the naivety in what I posted? He left, he was given a good offer that let him keep playing in England.

It's the City group he was dealing with though, as these reports show. Based on that post I quoted you painted Lampard to be naive, as if he wasn't fully aware of how it would benefit him to disguise the fact he was signing 'directly' to our only title rivals.

It's the City group he was dealing with though, as these reports show. Based on that post I quoted you painted Lampard to be naive, as if he wasn't fully aware of how it would benefit him to disguise the fact he was signing 'directly' to our only title rivals.

I never painted Lampard out as being naive. I'm saying that he didn't care in the slightest.

Our away fans at the Ettihad actually played a role in my opinion in taking some of the momentum out of the team that was on the front foot before Frank came out and the cheering his name begun and gave him the confidence and motivation to score.
This. He's a City player. We should cheer our own players. If was fucking embarrassing enough how instead of cheering our own players, our away fans cheered Frank. IMO, it threw our players off and they seemed to lose their concentration when Frank came out.

I completely agree that we shouldn't be cheering for the opposition but I don't think the Lampard chanting did much and I reckon we'd have conceded anyway. The truth is that we've lost 7 points (and counting) from winning positions in the league this season - all coming in big away games.

Frank said he has been other opportunities to play in England and that he had rejected by the NYCity. So that contradicts the excuse that his priority was to stay in England.

What a ridiculous set of posts you've made during your time in this thread. Stick your head in the sand, avoid discussing what has happened and just state nobody will care in the future?, smfh.. This exact situation has never happened before with Chelsea fans, so it's an impossible thing to say.

Tone it down a notch keyboard warrior. Every Chelsea fan in existence should have mixed feelings and opinions on this matter. He was a professional and wanted to play with us yet we didn't negotiate any deal furthering his contract as we didn't need his services (considering he would of been a hell of a lot more useful than Mikel) He had an offer to play top level football and as a professional he accepted it.

I am waiting for more evidence to unravel rather than picking out and creating knee jerk assumptions whilst lashing on media and conspiracy approaches that bare no true evidence on what really is happening behind closed doors.

Frank Lampard has something to say. Rather a lot to say, in fact. For a start, he wants to say that his heart will always be with Chelsea, that he is determined to make up for lost time when he finally joins New York City in July but that, until then, he will be fiercely committed to Manchester City.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4319252.ece

Awwwww, I almost shed a tear.

I am waiting for more evidence to unravel rather than picking out and creating knee jerk assumptions whilst lashing on media and conspiracy approaches that bare no true evidence on what really is happening behind closed doors.

Pellegrini en december: "It's not so easy because Frank is a New York City player. He is only on loan until December 31, so we must respect the other people."

Now: Manchester City have admitted making mistakes regarding Frank Lampard’s status, with the club moving to clarify he never signed a two-year deal with New York City FC and so the midfielder was never on loan from the MLS franchise. A clarification issued on Friday by the club said: “The statement on the NYCFC website in July saying Lampard’s two-year contract took effect from Aug 1, 2014 was a mistake. [The] initial statement on City’s website that it was a loan was also an error.”

This is evidence that inicially they lied for some unknown reason.