Frank Lampard

DavidEU

So because Lampard isn't the first player to betray (sorry I meant be a "top professional" against the club he supposedly loves and cherish) means it's alright?. I will advice my mate who is having trouble with his girlfriend for cheating to use that line. "babe, I'm not the first guy to ever cheat and I won't be the last, Paul also cheated on his fiance, so it's alright"

From professionalism to relationship with a girl?

How do those two even compare?

And then you had the nerves to slate me for doing poor comparisons in the Mourinho thread......

Long time lurker, first time poster.. Well, technically second time but you guys and girls get the point.

I have found it hard to put into words about how I feel in regards to Frank Lampard and this Manchester City situation. On one hand, I can't dislike Frank Lampard. I just can't. What he has done for this club is indescribable. With him in our side, we went from a cup team to being Premier League Champions and eventually Champions of Europe. Record goal scorer, he scored THAT penalty against Liverpool for crying out loud. We owe him the World.

On the other hand, I can't help feel disappointed in his actions. I have no problem with him playing for Manchester City. I have no problem with him scoring against Chelsea.. besides the obvious. The thing that irks me a little is the lies.

I'm not going to play for another English team besides Chelsea.

I'm not going to play against Chelsea.

Those are two that are definitive lies. The contract issue is hard. Nobody knows for sure but you can draw your own conclusion.

What can you say?

I still love and respect Frank Lampard but I can't help feeling a little disappointed in his actions. The thing that has saddened me most about this affair is how it has divided the fan base. If you say anything bad about Lampard.. then you are not a real fan. If you aren't upset about this then you are not a real fan either.

Lampard is still a legend and maybe the greatest Chelsea player of all time but I'm still a little disappointed.

Great post. Glad you're finally posting[emoji14]

Long time lurker, first time poster.. Well, technically second time but you guys and girls get the point.

I have found it hard to put into words about how I feel in regards to Frank Lampard and this Manchester City situation. On one hand, I can't dislike Frank Lampard. I just can't. What he has done for this club is indescribable. With him in our side, we went from a cup team to being Premier League Champions and eventually Champions of Europe. Record goal scorer, he scored THAT penalty against Liverpool for crying out loud. We owe him the World.

On the other hand, I can't help feel disappointed in his actions. I have no problem with him playing for Manchester City. I have no problem with him scoring against Chelsea.. besides the obvious. The thing that irks me a little is the lies.

Those are two that are definitive lies. The contract issue is hard. Nobody knows for sure but you can draw your own conclusion.

What can you say?

I still love and respect Frank Lampard but I can't help feeling a little disappointed in his actions. The thing that has saddened me most about this affair is how it has divided the fan base. If you say anything bad about Lampard.. then you are not a real fan. If you aren't upset about this then you are not a real fan either.

Lampard is still a legend and maybe the greatest Chelsea player of all time but I'm still a little disappointed.

Welcome back :)

Cesc starting to sound like a broken record already. Because I swear I heard him say such things at least 3 times already.

I guess he's the one that hasn't moved on.

Well he did join Chelsea after leaving Arsenal and Barcelona so I guess he has moved on. I guess he just doesn't want people to hate him for continuing life somewhere else.

Cesc starting to sound like a broken record already. Because I swear I heard him say such things at least 3 times already.

And 5 years from now, he will say the same thing, but about Chelsea :rolleyes:

Is he a traitor? No

Do I have the same feelings for him as a Chelsea legend? No

It's somewhere in the middle of it. He was 36 years old. Not good enough anymore to play on top level. We offered him a job to become a part of the staff but he decided to go to the rivals.

He's silly and being used as a psychological weapon by mr Pellegrino against us, but I think he loves the attention he gets.

I always believed in love stories between club and players, so this really disappoints me.

Can't see Totti going to another local club, can't see Gerrard moving to another top 5 club.

It's normal since every reporter probably asks the same question. Also the Arsenal fixture is close so expect a little bit more of that soon.

...and a little bit more Arsenal Mania meltdown :lol:

It's all a game though. They say those things because that's what fans want to hear. I never believe a word any footballer says when it comes to these matters. It's all about their actions.