Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I regret reading the last few pages, but I won't tell people how to feel about him anymore. Then again how could you say that his goal could be the decisive thing in the title race? It's just a small piece of the puzzle, there are so many events waiting to happen in the season ahead. Singling out this one is quite unnecessary.

However as I said I won't judge anyone here, the reception for Lamps was wonderful and I'd like to think that the majority of Chelsea fans are like those who spend their weekend on the road so they can support their favourite team. Huge respect for them!

Selective information. People choose to believe what they want to believe to suit their argument. Can't be helped I guess.

AlexIsMyLilHooker's contributions in this thread thus far:

Insults - 60%

Off-topic conversations with other members - 30%

Remarks about what real fans should feel - 5%

Lampard discussion - 5%

Detailed counter-arguments - 0%

But but but he was on TC before TC was even a thing.

Insults - 60%

Lampard discussion - 5%

You are racking up your off-topic percentages with these posts, you know? This is uhhhh, the second time you centered a post around True Blue?

Not the first time and won't be the last such things happened.

I remember a certain Batitusta scoring against his Fiorentina....

If you now who that legend was.....

So because Lampard isn't the first player to betray (sorry I meant be a "top professional" against the club he supposedly loves and cherish) means it's alright?. I will advice my mate who is having trouble with his girlfriend for cheating to use that line. "babe, I'm not the first guy to ever cheat and I won't be the last, Paul also cheated on his fiance, so it's alright"

If you put it that way we, the fans, also aren't obligated to see him as a Chelsea legend and to love him unconditionally. by the same token, he was just a well paid mercenary professional who did is job and moved on to another job. Let's yank the soul, passion and emotion out of football, it's so much fun that way.

When you take it to the extreme like that.

What I'm saying is, Frank won everything and gave everything he could. What else could he do? We moved on and he did too. He's still a Chelsea legend even if he does play for City the entire season.

Insults - 60%

Lampard discussion - 5%

Term X's contributions in this thread thus far:

Nonsensical Lampard hating 95%

Posts about True Blue 5%

Jamie Redknapp

"Don't be fooled by the non-celebration. Frank Lampard will have been the happiest man in the dressing room after scoring that goal.

He is the ultimate goalscoring machine and if he didn’t want to score, what was he doing in the box?

He has perfected the art of arriving late in the area and makes it look so easy. He’s like a magnet to the ball but that’s not down to luck — he has spent a lifetime practising.

Andre Schurrle got the blame for not tracking James Milner but Branislav Ivanovic should have known better than to let Frank get in behind him.

Lampard is the greatest goalscoring midfielder we have ever seen in the Premier League and maybe even the best in the world.

He will not have cared one bit about scoring against his old club. He is a true professional and the ultimate winner."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2764507/Louis-van-Gaal-genius-First-fix-Manchester-United-s-defence.html

And that's his cousin who would know his true character far better than all Chelsea fans.

When you take it to the extreme like that.

What I'm saying is, Frank won everything and gave everything he could. What else could he do? We moved on and he did too. He's still a Chelsea legend even if he does play for City the entire season.

For starters he could try not to hurt the feelings of the fans that paid him, cheered him, supported him and loved him for 13 years. He has to be extremely naive and far removed from reality not to think his decision to join our direct rival would not have been well received by the blues faithfuls.

Despite that goal, you cant erase what he did in time here. He is greatest player ever wearing blue kit and will remain as one for quite long time. He was deadly, efficient and always did his job. This time we saw that on our own skin, despite we didnt like it too much.

It was our fault we allowed that goal and if there had to be a player to score against us, Im happy it was Lamps. He showed respect after it and Im glad it wasnt Aguero, Milner or any other cunt scoring and then celebrating like mad...

What goes around comes around and I feel when Lamps left, it wasnt because of him. Now we have to deal with that. Im far from pleased that he joined City, but I still respect him, everyone should. It will however feel more awkward if he stays in City, plays at SB to kill whole atmosphere and maybe even scores the winner to give city the league. I would be pissed because Im chelsea fan more than Im fan of any player playing for us, but I would be happy for Frank though, he is chelsea through and through and will probably come here in coaching role eventualy.

I know it wont feel the same, but how can people hate him for one goal, despite he helped us win CL, EL, three league titles and many more. He made us a better club and we wont see another character like him for a very long time. Seriously if you hate Lamps, you dont know nothing about Chelsea because Lamps is chelsea. True professional.

For starters he could try not to hurt the feelings of the fans that paid him, cheered him, supported him and loved him for 13 years. He has to be extremely naive and far removed from reality not to think his decision to join our direct rival would not have been well received by the blues faithfuls.

We didn't want him...

I had 12 amazing years with my wife but then she left me and fucked my rival. This is how it feels.

"Are you seriously going to let a one night stand ruin your 12 years of marriage, think of all the memories of those 12 years and forget the fact that she screwed your colleague" :Goober:

Señor Cesc Fabregas:

"Changing clubs is part of the game and people must remember it was Arsenal who didn’t take up the buy-back option for me," he told Metro.

"[Arsenal] told me now [Mesut] Ozil was there, there was no need for me.

"That’s life. No problem. We move on. Life moves on. Football moves on."

"Are you seriously going to let a one night stand ruin your 12 years of marriage, think of all the memories of those 12 years and forget the fact that she screwed your colleague" :Goober:

Terrible analogy. If you really think like that, you're taking football too seriously.