Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Would anyone not following us watch Frank's recent games and believe that he's the highest paid player at the club ?

I thought Torres and JT were the highest at 180k? JT being there only because he has that "match highest earner" clause in his contract ( :rolleyes: )

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but was I the only one feeling a bit uncomortable with his post match coments about hi playing time and backing AVB. I'm not saying he should ggo on about how AVB is a god and that he worships him with out question but he seems tto be a bit miffed with AVB about his playing time aand spells on the bench. He dn't say something like he understands why AVB keeps dropping him or how he respects his decision as the manager. Maybe itsme but it sounded like (with the words he used) that he is still a bit upset of not being a guaranteed starter.

If he actually believes he has some kind of god given right to be starting every game for us then he is deluded. I have to say I'm surprised at the way he's been reacting. I didn't think there was anything to it but after watching the post-match videos from yesterdays game, yeah there do seem to be signs that he's unhappy.

I support Andre 100% regarding this. It is obvious to me that Lampard is not good enough to be starting anymore. He's even been rubbish against the majority of the "weaker" teams.

If he actually believes he has some kind of god given right to be starting every game for us then he is deluded. I have to say I'm surprised at the way he's been reacting. I didn't think there was anything to it but after watching the post-match videos from yesterdays game, yeah there do seem to be signs that he's unhappy.

I support Andre 100% regarding this. It is obvious to me that Lampard is not good enough to be starting anymore. He's even been rubbish against the majority of the "weaker" teams.

I agree. I'm not too fond of his reactions or the fact that he decided to talk to the media about his starting issues. I would expect better from a real professional like Frank.

Although, in all honesty, I still believe he is a better option in the middle than Meireles.

I agree. I'm not too fond of his reactions or the fact that he decided to talk to the media about his starting issues. I would expect better from a real professional like Frank. Although, in all honesty, I still believe he is a better option in the middle than Meireles.

imo Meireles provides more through his work-rate. Lamps is pretty much static in the midfield area when the other team has the ball.

imo Meireles provides more through his work-rate. Lamps is pretty much static in the midfield area when the other team has the ball.

True but we could really do with his goals especially of late when we're struggling to create chances against the weaker sides.

Ive said it till im blue in the face but Lamps may not be the player he was but these people who think that legendary status counts for nothing are wrong.. the guy is for me and many in my generation a living fucking legend! He has taken the place of Zola and Wisey as the greatest player to have ever kicked ball for us in my eyes (having never seen Osgod and Chopper in life). He has just equaled Ted Sherringham in the goal scoring stats.....just take that in for a minute! Thats some going for ANY mid in the world! I love the guy and anyone who watches the games can see he has lost something but the goal against Wolves shows exactly what he can still come up with. People say that he offers nothing but noone else would have been in that position had he not been on the pitch and thats what got us a VERY important 3 points. Anyway i digest :D , love the man to death and he will always have my support because Frank to me is a symbol of what this club is.

I would be more pissed off if Frank didn't show any annoyance at not playing. Proves he's still got the passion for our club and his football. As long as he keeps knocking them in, and keeps working hard, I don't really care if him and the manager get along or not. His experience will be invaluable in our transitional period, and long may he stay at our club.

Ive said it till im blue in the face but Lamps may not be the player he was but these people who think that legendary status counts for nothing are wrong.. the guy is for me and many in my generation a living fucking legend! He has taken the place of Zola and Wisey as the greatest player to have ever kicked ball for us in my eyes (having never seen Osgod and Chopper in life). He has just equaled Ted Sherringham in the goal scoring stats.....just take that in for a minute! Thats some going for ANY mid in the world! I love the guy and anyone who watches the games can see he has lost something but the goal against Wolves shows exactly what he can still come up with. People say that he offers nothing but noone else would have been in that position had he not been on the pitch and thats what got us a VERY important 3 points. Anyway i digest :D , love the man to death and he will always have my support because Frank to me is a symbol of what this club is.

Gotta agree and respect that mate... but what about next season? AVB's rebuilding and Lamps is clearly not happy with being benched, don't u think that's gona get in the way of the team's progress? Besides his dip in form of course.