Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Another stat for you Supa Frank doubters, Supa Frank is the Highest Scoring Midfielder in the History of the EPL. Of course I am going by looking for midfielders at http://premiersoccerstats.com/epl.html#. Supa Frank now has 144. I don't see another midfielder ahead of him in the all time list.

Fabio Capello has confirmed that Frank Lampard will captain England against Spain on Saturday - but John Terry will return as skipper against Sweden.

But the England manager insists Terry - who is subject of a police inquiry over claims he racially abused QPR's Anton Ferdinand - is innocent until proven guilty of those allegations.

"I decided everything [selection-wise] before what happened," said Capello.

"He will be on the bench against Spain but play against Sweden on Tuesday."

Capello insists Chelsea defender Terry has his full support while the Football Association and police probe claims of alleged racist abuse against him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15693231.stm

No Rio and Terry = David Villa field day.

Back to Lamps tho i swear i hope people write him off more often.

He was supposedly finished under Scolari and responded strongly with another 20 goal season.

He was supposedly finished in 2009 when he went on a 2 month baron run and he responds by ending the season with 27 goals.

He was supposedly finished this September so what does he do? respond with 4 goals in 2 games and is now on 7 for the season, well on the way to another 20.

His quote after the Bolton game is one of my fav "i can't pretend im a happy boy when im not playing because i want to earn my money, i will do everything to play for this club".

Playing once a week instead of twice seems to have galvanised him, carefull management from AVB and i can honestly see him continuing to bang in the goals for a good few season's yet.

To be honest i can't wait for the next time he is "washed up".

Heard of less is more?

Exactly, the reason he is and will forever be a Chelsea legend is that whenever he's thrown a challenge, he accepts it and tackles it head on and raises his performance levels. Complete professional.

He proved us all wrong when we thought he was finished for this season, hats off to him for that. #takeahintdrogba.

I think when he was dumped to the bench it gave him the kick up the arse that he needed , tbh we haven't seen much of Drogba this season , also his ego is to big sometimes to just work hard when he is not in the team.