Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Frankie did a great job yesterday and most importantly got the goal that mattered. This guy never ceases to amaze.

While the daily fail never ceases to be consistently ridiculous, this time claiming Frank is opting for a move to LA Galaxy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2060762/Exclusive-Frank-Lampard-wanted-replace-David-Beckham-LA-Galaxy.html

Lampard sets sight on 100

eurosport

Frank Lampard has set his sights on winning 100 England caps after scoring the winner against World Cup holders Spain at Wembley.

The Chelsea midfielder crowned his 90th appearance for his country by skippering the side and netting the 49th-minute decider. It was another upturn in a yo-yo season for Lampard, who found himself out of the starting line-up with Chelsea and England earlier in the campaign.

Lampard said: "I've got 90 caps now and it was an amazing feeling to skipper the side and score the winning goal against the world champions during Remembrance Day weekend. I'd love to get to 100 caps. If I get to 100, I will be delighted to have that next to my name.

He added: "I've achieved a lot of things I'm proud of - and I want to keep on achieving.

"But I'm at the stage now where I don't look too far ahead. I'm at the stage now where I'm proud to have every one of them and I look to the next one all the time. Ten caps is quite a long time in international football so I won't get too far ahead of myself."

Lampard believes beating Spain will give confidence for the Euro 2012 finals and he questioned the pre-match claim of Spanish coach Vincente Del Bosque that England are mentally weak.

He said: "This result will help us with our mindset going into the Euros. It shows we can take on anyone and we can get results.

"I don't think their coach had got a point in saying we are mentally weak. What we have is a lot of players who have won Champions League finals, won Premier League titles.

"If you are trying to find a reason for why we haven't won anything as a group, you could find a lot of reasons why we didn't win World Cups.

"I don't think the mentally weak one is right. But that is only something we can prove on a football pitch. Spain dominated possession but the desire and the defending and the commitment of the players was brilliant."

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't want Supa Frank to Retire. I want Supa to become the #1 scorer for CFC's History. He can do it. Currently Supa is @ 177, which makes him 16 behind Kerry Dixon & 25 behind Tambling. After he passes Tambling, then Supa can retire. There is only one #8 & that is Supah Frankie Lampard

supa_Lampard.jpg

BTW, you can refer to me as a Supa Fanboy, I won't get mad. Also I think we might see Supa representing England next summer in the Euros. UTC!!!

Time to bench Lampard again.

It frustrates me we have no-one to step up to his plate though! Josh, yeaah but he's not on that scale yet that we can give him Lampard's weight.

Ideally, a fix in January for this problem would be nice. But I don't think it'll happen till summer 2012 now.

It frustrates me we have no-one to step up to his plate though! Josh, yeaah but he's not on that scale yet that we can give him Lampard's weight.

Ideally, a fix in January for this problem would be nice. But I don't think it'll happen till summer 2012 now.

We wont be able to get someone in Jan without it being at an over inflated price. I really like the look of Hamsik.

I am not sure if we are watching the same games or what, but Lampard has been our best midfielder by far. In the Leverkusen game him along Sturridge had the most through balls, and put us in goal scoring positions. Ouf Mikel, Ramires, and Lampard; Lampard fits into AVB system the best. He makes quick passes and is always in a position to receive the ball.

At a times when our midfield lacks creativity, it is mind baffling to suggest bench our most creative player. :doh:

Mikel starting position is already in question, i am not fan of playing Meireles in the holding midfield position, which is why i think Romeu should get a chance.

Also Ramires starting position should be questioned. People overlook his flaws, like his positioning and passing because he is hard working midfielder. I think at times it looks like we are playing without a midfielder, because he is out position and is not available for passes. The team play would benefit a lot more if we were to drop Ramires and play McEachran or Meireles.