Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I could not care less about nationality.

It's different for the English fans, it means more to them to see an English player playing for the team, it means alot for the team as well. Just look at the English back bone we had in 04/05.

I think that goes for any nationality not just English.....

But those who want to see a better game, and don't care about such silly things, would look past this.

I love the sport first before a club, or national team. So as fan of this sport, i want to see better game all the time.

I was speaking from the point that he is from America but he's a Chelsea fan. But of course we wouldn't choose a player to be in the team just because he's English if we have a better foreign player in the same position. That would be stupid.

Lamps time maybe drawing near, but its ridiculous to doubt his commitment to the team and its cause...

Quote:

" It was the first time in eight years that Lampard found himself fit but not selected for a Premier League game as Chelsea brushed aside Swansea.

Reports Lampard stormed away early after failing to come off the bench were wide of the mark.

He spent more than half an hour after the game warming down on the pitch and came back drenched in sweat.

Most of his team-mates were already showered and heading for home. "

Rest of the article

Too much is being made of him not starting against Swansea, he is a 33 year old man who had to play 120 minutes just a few days before the game, I'm sure even he knew he should have not started.

If anything being subbed at OT after 45 minutes was infinitely more revealing about his place in the team rather than some random start about him not missing a PL game since 2003.

Too much is being made of him not starting against Swansea, he is a 33 year old man who had to play 120 minutes just a few days before the game, I'm sure even he knew he should have not started.

If anything being subbed at OT after 45 minutes was infinitely more revealing about his place in the team rather than some random start about him not missing a PL game since 2003.

You're right, but apparently he was seen walking down the tunnel after the final sub was made. It led to media prompting headlines such as "Lampard future in doubt" ect.

Seen this on rawk.

Quote from: Azzandro on September 25, 2011, 03:07:45 PM

Hes done nothing now for 2 years, about time someone noticed

The reason nobody has noticed is that it's bollocks.

2009 2010

51 appearances

27 goals

2010 2011

32 appearances

13 goals

Compare that with Stevie Gerrard

2009 2010

49 appearances

12 goals

2010 2011

24 appearances

8 goals

So who has done nothing for two years?

Keep the faith in Franky ;) Good performance, nice goal. He got rested and dropped and immediately upped his game in my estimation. Hadn't scored for a while from open play, so that goal should do wonders to his confidence (apart from Torres, I felt Lamps was/is low on confidence too).

That FK was also nice. It's been quite some time I've seen him shoot at goal from a fk :P

Super Frank! :)

This is because of Drogba and i feel Drogba has more to offer free kick wise as he has a better technique than Frank , i think Frank just goes for power and hopes for the best sometime. Fantastic to see him score though. Still has his part to play this season.