Frank Lampard

DavidEU

:rolleyes:

So we should stop bothering about something called progress and development? Fail to understand why looking to fill an evident hole in the team should be comprehended as casting disloyal glances elsewhere.

We've got Frank, people. No need for Modric/ Nasri/ Pastore.

Don't start being sarcastic, mate. You simply didn't get my point. Of course we need a successor for Frank as soon as possible. Someone who can offer creative spark, craft and dynamism that Frank hasn't anymore on the basis of a whole season. If I was AVB from this season on I would use him like Giggs and Scholes. My posting was not referring to guys hoping for Modric, Pastore and Co. to naturally help to develope our midfield. I'm one of them too. My posting was referring to guys calling Frank a useless waste of wages and crying (I didn't use that verb for nothing) for Modric and Pastore. Look at the matchthreads of cfcnet or other forums. Once an 'old' legend makes a mistake, he's a useless loser. It happened to Didier and Frank and very soon it's gonna happen to Terry. I hate people being disrespectful to our legends like Frank. But even if his successors were to to hit the ground running at Chelsea, the guys calling Lampard an old slowpoke would still realise how special he was once they realise that it's almost impossible to repeat Lamps incredible consistency over such a long period of time. Some people appear to forget very quickly.

GOOD POST

agree Frank will truly go down as an all time Chelsea great , but as you correctly point out he wont be able to continue playing 90minutes and every game . Again your comparison

with Giggs and Scholes is relevant, Used in the way they were used by Fergie we could get probably 3 more good years out of him WITHOUT stopping the development of

younger players and the squad in general

Again your comparison

with Giggs and Scholes is relevant, Used in the way they were used by Fergie we could get probably 3 more good years out of him WITHOUT stopping the development of

younger players and the squad in general

Thank you. That's what I wanted to say. Everybody who is calling Frank a useless waste of a squad place and wants him out should not forget that during their rebuilding phase 2004-2006 many United fans were thinking the same about Scholes and Giggs when they have been absolutely awful without being injured the way Frank has been last season. Look back what happened. The club stuck with them and both have been vital squadplayers of three consecutive premiership titles. For me Scholes was even their best player on the way to the title in 2007 and Giggs was fantastic during their league camapaign of 2008-2009. Then you have people who believe that Frank would not accept such a role in the future. Why is that? Lampard is one of the smartest guys you will ever find out there, always thinking and looking about how to help his team the best possible way and if that means to become a vital squadplayer by abdicating his major midfield role and handing it over to Pastore, Sneijder, Modric or whoever, then I am 100 percent sure he will accept that for the sake of the team's natural development and success. This guy can assess very well his own capability and surely won't deceive or fool himself.

Same goes with Didier and Terry one day. If we rest the legs of Frank properly and with foresight in the future we will benefit from it massively the same way United benefited from Scholes and Giggs. Just imagine the final third of upcoming seasons with the benefit of having extremely experienced players like Frank and Didier rested, fresh and motivated waiting for their chances like Scholes and Giggs did the last couple of years. As you correctly said: To use Frank the way United used Scholes and Giggs won't stop or prevent the much needed natural development of a younger squad, it's quite the opposite. Both parties will benefit from each other.

Don't start being sarcastic, mate. You simply didn't get my point. Of course we need a successor for Frank as soon as possible. Someone who can offer creative spark, craft and dynamism that Frank hasn't anymore on the basis of a whole season. If I was AVB from this season on I would use him like Giggs and Scholes. My posting was not referring to guys hoping for Modric, Pastore and Co. to naturally help to develope our midfield. I'm one of them too. My posting was referring to guys calling Frank a useless waste of wages and crying (I didn't use that verb for nothing) for Modric and Pastore. Look at the matchthreads of cfcnet or other forums. Once an 'old' legend makes a mistake, he's a useless loser. It happened to Didier and Frank and very soon it's gonna happen to Terry. I hate people being disrespectful to our legends like Frank. But even if his successors were to to hit the ground running at Chelsea, the guys calling Lampard an old slowpoke would still realise how special he was once they realise that it's almost impossible to repeat Lamps incredible consistency over such a long period of time. Some people appear to forget very quickly.

Alright thanks for clearing that up, glad you didn't mean it the way I thought you did.

Welcome to the forums btw, stick around and keep posting.

Good Morning.

Lampard and Pastore can't play together ? I mean we saw lampard last match playing in the right side maybe AvB is thinking for a midfield like that Lampard-Pastore-Mikel and Josh will play as a replacement for Pastore that's my point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Sturridge > Welbeck

Taking into account his 3 game suspension, a cameo appearance for Sturridge would have been ideal. Clearly Capello hasn’t been following his progression since his time at Bolton, up until his last game against Rangers.

"Welbeck is 'very important' for England" - Capello :doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Fabio Capello has warned Frank Lampard he is in danger of losing his place in the England side permanently.

The 33-year-old Chelsea midfielder was dropped for the first time in four years from a competitive fixture that he has been available to play.

Lampard has earned 87 caps for his country but was named on the bench despite Steven Gerrard and Jack Wilshere being sidelined with injuries.

When asked if Lampard was likely to start again, Capello refused to guarantee the England stalwart a definite place in his starting XI.

Best midfielders

"I don't know," said. "He is one of the best English midfielders but, as a manager, I need to choose the players, not the name.

"I need to wait because he's got two training sessions before Tuesday's match against Wales and I don't know what will happen."

Capello, though, has kept the door ajar for the former West Ham player and believes Lampard has the ability and experience to regain his best form.

Form

He added: "At this moment, Gareth Barry is in really good form and, at the start of the season, Lampard needed to play more games.

"The first two games that Lampard played this season were not good but the last one was better.

"I remember (AC Milan great) Frank Rijkaard. For the first two months of the season he was not like a player. After time, he found his form and he was good again.

"Frank is part of this squad. He is a professional and, when he came on, he was really focussed and did well."

http://www.skysports...7150242,00.html