Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Here you are correct, as there are millions of players all over the world dreaming of playing top-flight football, but only a handful top players who can elevate us up another level and keep us there. Those players don't want to play in mid-table clubs with no chance to win the most coveted club football tournemanet in the world (which comes with financial benefits). In 2012 we started preparing for a season without Champions League football, result? Marko Marin. Once we had won the CL and secured participation the next season, result? Eden Hazard. That is the difference between most players on the planet (Liverpool standard) and the players that matter.

no most top players dont want to play for mid table clubs but since when are Chelsea a mid table club? maybe back in the 90's when oh yes we signed players like Zola, Gullit, Vialli, Di Matteo, Poyet, Desailly and Leboeuf

even players like Shaqiri and Bojan are signing for Stoke! Di Maria signed for Man United without CL football, Carlos Bacca signed for AC Milan without CL football, Kondogbia signed for Inter without CL football, Son signed for Tottenham without CL Football, and Chelsea have more pulling power then all of those clubs, if you think Chelsea wont be able to sign top talent without CL football then you would be in for a shock

no most top players dont want to play for mid table clubs but since when are Chelsea a mid table club? maybe back in the 90's when oh yes we signed players like Zola, Gullit, Vialli, Di Matteo, Poyet, Desailly and Leboeuf

even players like Shaqiri and Bojan are signing for Stoke! Di Maria signed for Man United without CL football, Carlos Bacca signed for AC Milan without CL football, Kondogbia signed for Inter without CL football, Son signed for Tottenham without CL Football, and Chelsea have more pulling power then all of those clubs, if you think Chelsea wont be able to sign top talent without CL football then you would be in for a shock

I honestly think that 1 season without CL football would not set Chelsea back as much as some people fear. Like you said, Di maria went to utd even when they didn't have CL football, though I think just by being Utd they have a bigger lure than most clubs. I don't think clubs would choose, say tottenham over chelsea even if they finish top 4 and we don't. We would have to consistently fail to qualify for CL like Liverpool for players to start overlooking us.

But I do think that if we go for players in huge demand, like Pogba for example, in the summer it would be an achievement to get him when he has offers from other equally sized or bigger teams with CL. To put it plainly: Chelsea would have less chance making hazard type signings without CL football.

Finishing outside top4 is essentially being mid-table, at least for CL aspiring players especially if we continue playing like we are. Shaqiri and Bojan aren't the class of players we should be looking at, they are playing at Stoke nuff said. But you could be right, it's just that Marin Hazard comparison pops to my mind everytime I think about what would happen without CL football.

Not surprised about City's transfer this season. City didn't have much competition for KDB, Sterling and I think for otamendi it was either one of the manchester clubs from what i remember. No teams outside of a PL team was going to pay crazy money for the trio.

However, you are talking about Gaya, a future Spain international that a lot of folks think will takeover Marcelo's spot sooner than later and is good enough to play in either Madrid teams sooner than later. Kongdobia just arrived at Inter Milan. Laporte another guy that has too many suitors like Gaya does.

If anything, we should of went for Kongdobia few months ago when we had the chance. Now, Inter most likely will play champions league football and fight for scudetto every season .

fair enough.

those were the names which should be our plan A.

for eg - if gaya goes to RM, coentrao would be avaiable.

i feel laporte is a definite option cos barca and RM both have good young defenders and ATM has jimenez.

kondogbia is a definite option if we throw money over it. despite no CL, united were able to attract ADM. the name and stature of the club is important and most of us are sure that we will be back next season. kondogbia is also non-negotiable for me. he is a BEAST. absolute BEAST. we should get him no matter what. he should be our plan a to z

Alex Teixeira: "I have an offer. It was a pleasure to know that Chelsea wants to sign me." #CFC

Alex Teixeira: "It would be great if the transfer already happens in January." #CFC (Mail)

Alex Teixeira averages a goal every 62 minutes so far this season, with 16 goals in his first 11 games. #CFC #Shakhtar (Mail)

Alex Teixeira: "I have an offer. It was a pleasure to know that Chelsea wants to sign me." #CFC

Alex Teixeira: "It would be great if the transfer already happens in January." #CFC (Mail)

Alex Teixeira averages a goal every 62 minutes so far this season, with 16 goals in his first 11 games. #CFC #Shakhtar (Mail)

ALEX TEIXEIRA | Goals, Skills, Assists | Shakhtar Donetsk | 2014/2015 (HD)

A video made six days ago.

fair enough.

those were the names which should be our plan A.

for eg - if gaya goes to RM, coentrao would be avaiable.

i feel laporte is a definite option cos barca and RM both have good young defenders and ATM has jimenez.

kondogbia is a definite option if we throw money over it. despite no CL, united were able to attract ADM. the name and stature of the club is important and most of us are sure that we will be back next season. kondogbia is also non-negotiable for me. he is a BEAST. absolute BEAST. we should get him no matter what. he should be our plan a to z

Not sure how good coentrao is these days, but he is already loaned out to monaco this season. He will also be 28 years old in March

Laporte is what stones is in England, but for all of Europe. Every team wants Laporte, however, he has some crazy buyout number I think. Barcelona and Munich probably have the strongest links to him since both are in need of cbs.

Kongdobia would be fantastic as I've been saying since the summer, however, I think Inter won't sell their prized CM just yet.

My first choice for next season?

Courtois ©

Azpi Cahill Zouma Cresswell (Squad Players: JT [Player-Coach], Papy, Baba)

Pasalic Matic (SP: RLC [for either P or M - both can hold], Ramires [ditto], Cesc, Zouma in emergencies, and Colkett as this year's "RLC")

Willian Hazard (SP: Oscar, Kenedy, Remy, Boga)

Griezmann Costa (SP: Remy, Solanke, a senior striker)

OTHER:

Zola in as an attacking coach

That'd be a good year for me. and all of those targets are attainable.

Not sure how good coentrao is these days, but he is already loaned out to monaco this season. He will also be 28 years old in March

Laporte is what stones is in England, but for all of Europe. Every team wants Laporte, however, he has some crazy buyout number I think. Barcelona and Munich probably have the strongest links to him since both are in need of cbs.

Kongdobia would be fantastic as I've been saying since the summer, however, I think Inter won't sell their prized CM just yet.

Kondogbia is a good player but let's not make it out as he is having a fantastic season and someone we need. He has not set the world alight yet and got dropped for the Milan derby a couple weeks ago. I know it is early and quite harsh but La Gazzetta had him 4th on the list for worse signings of the season so far. Inter fans feel for the money he was bought for, he has barely showed anything of his potential yet. I think he is a quality player and with time will be be a very good player for them but I struggle to see how he would be an upgrade on any our current players right now.

There is not one Inter fan on there who has said he has been good this season. It is a mix between he has been poor and not worth the money and the other camp being 'let him bide his time' His quality will show.'

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13075-Geoffrey-Kondogbia/page28

Kondogbia is a good player but let's not make it out as he is having a fantastic season and someone we need. He has not set the world alight yet and got dropped for the Milan derby a couple weeks ago. I know it is early and quite harsh but La Gazzetta had him 4th on the list for worse signings of the season so far. Inter fans feel for the money he was bought for, he has barely showed anything of his potential yet. I think he is a quality player and with time will be be a very good player for them but I struggle to see how he would be an upgrade on any our current players right now.

There is not one Inter fan on there who has said he has been good this season. It is a mix between he has been poor and not worth the money and the other camp being 'let him bide his time' His quality will show.'

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13075-Geoffrey-Kondogbia/page28

i agree i watch Inter all the time, and cant understand why his name is being mentioned on here, simply not good enough for us, he is a decent player in the same bracket as someone like M'Villa but not good enough for Chelsea

i agree i watch Inter all the time, and cant understand why his name is being mentioned on here, simply not good enough for us, he is a decent player in the same bracket as someone like M'Villa but not good enough for Chelsea

I would say he is much better than M'Villa but like many young players, he is not consistent enough and still is a work in progress. He can develop into a Yaya Toure type player in the future as he has the ability and sie to but have we made a mistake on missing out on him? Not really.