Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

No no no no no

Valencia-Jones-Smalling-Rojo/Blind/Shaw is not better than Iva-Cahill-Terry-Azpi, and once you put Zouma in our back line improves further. If there's one area where we are truly world class, it is defence. Even if Ivanovic tries his hardest to remove that reputation. We might as well invert our right side and play Cuad/Willian as an RB and Iva as an RW...

I can see why Jose likes him, though. He does benefit the team offensively.

United have "Argentina NT syndrome" - ie brilliant attack, awful defense.

They've bought Darmian for their RB spot and are still in the hunt for a CB.

So you'll have Darmian-X-Smalling-Blind/Shaw/Rojo.

It's not that bad. Especially if X player is a player like Ramos or Otamendi.

You guys must have seen 0 man u preseason games....

Man U have not looked good in any preseason game. They won all 3, but their general play doesn't reflect the scoreline.

Van Gaal says he wants to play 4-3-3, yet every game he has played 4-2-3-1. Depay has played a n10 every game, young on the left and mata on the right with a carrick-morgan pivot. Watch the barcelona game, their midfield was easily dominated by sergio roberto, busquets, and iniesta. Bastian is already out due to injury and in both games, he has looked generally slow. lost the ball quite a bit as well....

General argument was united won the transfer market this summer. WRONG

MUNICH:

1. Vidal

2. Costa

3. Kimmich

4. Ulreich

Inter Milan

1. Kongdobia

2. Miranda

3. Montoya

4. Murillo

Atl. Madrid

1. Vietto

2. Jackson

3. Luis

4. Savic

5. Carrasco

*Diego Torres returns from porto loan

General argument was united won the transfer market this summer. WRONG

MUNICH:

1. Vidal

2. Costa

3. Kimmich

4. Ulreich

Inter Milan

1. Kongdobia

2. Miranda

3. Montoya

4. Murillo

Atl. Madrid

1. Vietto

2. Jackson

3. Luis

4. Savic

5. Carrasco

*Diego Torres returns from porto loan

I do believe inter and at can win their leagues.

Utd and lpool , definitely making the most progress in England though.

You guys must have seen 0 man u preseason games....

Man U have not looked good in any preseason game. They won all 3, but their general play doesn't reflect the scoreline.

Van Gaal says he wants to play 4-3-3, yet every game he has played 4-2-3-1. Depay has played a n10 every game, young on the left and mata on the right with a carrick-morgan pivot. Watch the barcelona game, their midfield was easily dominated by sergio roberto, busquets, and iniesta. Bastian is already out due to injury and in both games, he has looked generally slow. lost the ball quite a bit as well....

Did Chelsea look good in preseason last year? Or even this year? Like we all know it's never a yardstick and yes united is the winner so far of the transfer window not the title. There is a difference.

Did Chelsea look good in preseason last year? Or even this year? Like we all know it's never a yardstick and yes united is the winner so far of the transfer window not the title. There is a difference.

In the epl?

There are other leagues outside of ENGLAND!

Munich, Inter and atletico had better summers.

Also, Chelsea played well the first game. Against PSG, I admit, we were shit. Kind of like how United beat barcelona even though barcelona was signficantly better than united.

Really losing hope that we'll sign a Top Box-2-Box CM.

This mentality of winning the league with virtually the same squad has a great chance to blow up in out face. Luckily there's a January Window.

My only worry is, if are right in the thick of the title race, does this confirm JM's notion of winning the League w/o reinforcements or make us buy the CM we should've in the summer.

In the epl?

There are other leagues outside of ENGLAND!

Munich, Inter and atletico had better summers.

Also, Chelsea played well the first game. Against PSG, I admit, we were shit. Kind of like how United beat barcelona even though barcelona was signficantly better than united.

Yup in the EPL.

I think there will be further arrivals.

Me 2. I think we will sign one or two defenders. But what we need most is a solid all-round midfielder. Ideally he should be big, fast, defensively astute and score goals. Unfortunately Mou does not agree. Also it is not like those players don't grow on trees. Actually I can think of none who ticks all boxes. Vidal and Witsel would have been close but mou obviously rates neither.

Me 2. I think we will sign one or two defenders. But what we need most is a solid all-round midfielder. Ideally he should be big, fast, defensively astute and score goals. Unfortunately Mou does not agree. Also it is not like those players don't grow on trees. Actually I can think of none who ticks all boxes. Vidal and Witsel would have been close but mou obviously rates neither.

No you are right he rates Obi Mikel!

I think a lot of us were hoping for a real statement of intent this transfer window. "Champions League, we're coming for you!" sort of signings. There's still this week for things to happen, but nothing huge seems to be on the horizon. Also imo, if you're standing still, you're losing ground. We need to do better than Falcao and Begovic to be true odds on favourites to retain the league.

If not this window then when? Prices are always higher in January. Top class players won't be CL eligible for us as they'll already have played for their clubs. Clubs won't want to sell as they'll want their top class players for their own CL and title run ins. It's not every January we get a Matic...or Torres (couldn't resist).

I think a lot of us were hoping for a real statement of intent this transfer window. "Champions League, we're coming for you!" sort of signings. There's still this week for things to happen, but nothing huge seems to be on the horizon. Also imo, if you're standing still, you're losing ground. We need to do better than Falcao and Begovic to be true odds on favourites to retain the league.

If not this window then when? Prices are always higher in January. Top class players won't be CL eligible for us as they'll already have played for their clubs. Clubs won't want to sell as they'll want their top class players for their own CL and title run ins. It's not every January we get a Matic...or Torres (couldn't resist).

We talk about a huge signing, a statment signing, i would like that too but i think the only position Mourinho would want such signing is for CAM or RW.

I think its pretty clear he dont want a top CM who would push Cesc to be a #10 or make us play 4-3-3, like Vidal could've done, that would change our system and its not what he wants. Pogba (which Jose would've want) is a bit different because he's still a potential, he could grow to be an amazing attacker, Vidal is not an attacker.

So for this RW/CAM roles the market is limited, to this point there are no world class players who moved clubs in those positions, Di Maria will be the first one. You have Depay, Turan, D.Costa, Firmino, Sterling... those are the best AMs who made a move.

I would start getting upset if Reus or Isco will move somewhere this summer and we missed those chances.

We talk about a huge signing, a statment signing, i would like that too but i think the only position Mourinho would want such signing is for CAM or RW.

I think its pretty clear he dont want a top CM who would push Cesc to be a #10 or make us play 4-3-3, like Vidal could've done, that would change our system and its not what he wants. Pogba (which Jose would've want) is a bit different because he's still a potential, he could grow to be an amazing attacker, Vidal is not an attacker.

So for this RW/CAM roles the market is limited, to this point there are no world class players who moved clubs in those positions, Di Maria will be the first one. You have Depay, Turan, D.Costa, Firmino, Sterling... those are the best AMs who made a move.

I would start getting upset if Reus or Isco will move somewhere this summer and we missed those chances.

I have a strong feeling Reus won't be at Dortmund come September. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't go after him.