Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

CAM? Mate are you high? We only have quite possibly the best Attacking Midfielder in the world (Mata), a future Ballon D'or winner (Hazard) and a super promising world class player in the making, who plays as the number 10 for the Motherland of football, Brazil,at the age of 21(Oscar).

Yeah we're really thin in that department aren't we?

Merr, I typo'd it. I meant to say a central midfielder lol, who could play behind Hazard and Mata. Lampard Sorta central midfielder, who could even make runs in the box etc .

Oh yusss, who needs Messi or Ronaldo? when you've got Mata :P

Perhps he meant that they are all starters and we need decent player who will accept sub role and replace Mat when he will need rest. Look at Bayern, they have Kross, Muller and Shaqiri (and now Gotze) who can all play same position. But there are other areas that need strenghtening first.

We aready have Oscar who could play that Mata role, Hazard could fill in there aswell plus there's De Bryne coming. So yuss, we're pretty safe there.

Its quite simple. If Mata doesn't play, then Hazard moves to the centre or oscar does, then moses comes in to play wide or whatever. If Hazard is out then we play schurrle left. We have 3 great players all of whom are great at CAM, so that is not even close to being a priority.

Striker, DM, CB, is what is needed.

Cavani

De rossi

Mangala

Schurrle for depth as Marin isn't good enough atm.

Then we are all set.

Its quite simple. If Mata doesn't play, then Hazard moves to the centre or oscar does, then moses comes in to play wide or whatever. If Hazard is out then we play schurrle left. We have 3 great players all of whom are great at CAM, so that is not even close to being a priority.

Striker, DM, CB, is what is needed.

Cavani

De rossi

Mangala

Schurrle for depth as Marin isn't good enough atm.

Then we are all set.

Not really, who plays with Mata and Hazard?

A top RW is maybe our very top priority...

Not really, who plays with Mata and Hazard?

A top RW is maybe our very top priority...

Schurrle/Oscar

I disagree with that though. If Lukaku gets shipped off, which seems likely, we won't get far with Torres up front. And the pivot has been one of the biggest issues all season so i would rate that as a bigger priority as well. A proper DM, would mean that the likes of Oscar/Lampard/Ramires would be able to play there more effectively as we would have someone doing the makelele role giving them more freedom. A new CB isn't exactly essential though.

I also highly doubt we will be buying a RW if the Schurlle deal goes through.

Schurrle/Oscar

REALLY?

So you want to have a CAM who proved not to work on the wing and a LW who basically only cuts and shoots to be our first two options at RW?

:doh:

REALLY?

So you want to have a CAM who proved not to work on the wing and a LW who basically only cuts and shoots to be our first two options at RW?

:doh:

Well:

A. KDB can play right wing as well, as many people have gone crazy about in the schurrle thread.

B. Oscar, can play there, and he even played there against england quite effectively, so with the right people behind and not torres in front of him i don't believe he will be totally ineffective.

C. I think that is a bit harsh on Schurrle, and even then, we can put hazard on the right as they switch round a lot anyway (*Here comes the... OMG MOVING HAZARD bridgade * :D).

D. We also have Moses, who whilst isn't anywhere close to the likes of Mata and Hazard has shown several times he can do a job there.

E. Maybe in an ideal world we would also buy di maria but i can't see that happenning and imo, Striker and DM are way more important. After all we have two of the best creative attacking mids, so someone who can actually capatilise on that would be such a greater improvement on the team. And the problems in the pivot are much emphasised with a proper DM being the solid link between attack and defence that we desperately need.

Well:

A. KDB can play right wing as well, as many people have gone crazy about in the schurrle thread.

B. Oscar, can play there, and he even played there against england quite effectively, so with the right people behind and not torres in front of him i don't believe he will be totally ineffective.

C. I think that is a bit harsh on Schurrle, and even then, we can put hazard on the right as they switch round a lot anyway (*Here comes the... OMG MOVING HAZARD bridgade * :D).

D. We also have Moses, who whilst isn't anywhere close to the likes of Mata and Hazard has shown several times he can do a job there.

E. Maybe in an ideal world we would also buy di maria but i can't see that happenning and imo, Striker and DM are way more important. After all we have two of the best creative attacking mids, so someone who can actually capatilise on that would be such a greater improvement on the team. And the problems in the pivot are much emphasised with a proper DM being the solid link between attack and defence that we desperately need.

A: Said it quite well, KDB can play there, butbhe isnt a RW!

B: Oscar cant play RW, did you miss our season or what? Besides, he didnt play RW against England, he played as #10, but that doesnt mean he will never be on the right...

C: Harsh on Schurrle, have you watched him play? He is not good enough to be a Chelsea starter. Also, he isnt a RW and you simply dont move your best player around to fit an average player, it is not a brigade, it is just how football works. Does CR7 move if Bale arrives? Does Messi move due to Neymar? Riberry and Muller because of Gotze? NOOOOOO!!! The team must work around the best player and not the other way around!

D: Of course Moses can play there, and so does Schurrle, KDB, Oscar, Ramires. However, the point is not players being able to play on the RW. The point is having a player who can deliver week in and week out, which is something we desperately need!

E: In a perfect world I also want Di Maria, but there isnt only him that can play for us. Hulk, Sanchez, El Sharaaway, Shaqiri, etc...

A: Said it quite well, KDB can play there, butbhe isnt a RW!

B: Oscar cant play RW, did you miss our season or what? Besides, he didnt play RW against England, he played as #10, but that doesnt mean he will never be on the right...

C: Harsh on Schurrle, have you watched him play? He is not good enough to be a Chelsea starter. Also, he isnt a RW and you simply dont move your best player around to fit an average player, it is not a brigade, it is just how football works. Does CR7 move if Bale arrives? Does Messi move due to Neymar? Riberry and Muller because of Gotze? NOOOOOO!!! The team must work around the best player and not the other way around!

D: Of course Moses can play there, and so does Schurrle, KDB, Oscar, Ramires. However, the point is not players being able to play on the RW. The point is having a player who can deliver week in and week out, which is something we desperately need!

E: In a perfect world I also want Di Maria, but there isnt only him that can play for us. Hulk, Sanchez, El Sharaaway, Shaqiri, etc...

A. He can be quite effective, so I don't think it should be dismissed.

B. Obviously I didn't, but as I said with a different player in front I don't think he would be that ineffective there. Granted we would be narrow on that side which would be very unwise against some teams, but it's still an option to use.

C.1/ I have watched him play and i disagree with the latest popular opinion that he is simply not good enough. I think he has a lot of talent and whilst isn't I close to being in the class of mata and hazard, who is. He obviously won't be an automatic first 11, but he will definitely be in and around the first team and why not.

C. 2/ It's about doing what's best for the team. I. E. The sum of its parts rather than the individual parts themselves. If the benefit to the team is greater to move hazard to the right for a few games here and there then I don't have a problem with it. Obviously in that ideal situation we wouldn't have to but not everything can be ideal. I also disagree with the Hazard is useless on the right but amazing on the left. Some of his best moments from last season came from that right hand side. And he was often moved over there mid game.

The comparisons with Ronaldo and messi is a totally different situation. Ronaldo has di maria on the other side so there is absolutely no reason to move him, and bale can play all over so he wouldn't have to move because of that either. And messi just plays where he wants anyway.

Again ribiery has robben on the other side, so there would be no need there either.

D. In an ideal world yes. But not essential.

What would you rather have:

Di maria mata hazard

Torres

Or:

Whoever mata hazard

Cavani.

Imo the greater benefit will come from an effective striker than a rw.

And as I have already said sorting out the pivot has to be up there with priorities.

E. Of course he is not the only one, and if we bring someone in then great, but simply I would rate the striker /pivot issue as being more important. Unless we want to actually just give the no 1, slot to lukaku and giving him a real go, which I am in support of If cavani doesn't come through. Though I think that is unlikely as a loan move looks on the horizon.

If we buy a rw, as well, everyone wants kdb to stay (me included) but he would be on the bench for most of the time. Unless we are gonna play him deep, in which case oscar will be sat on the bench and someone of his talent /age shouldn't be stuck on the bench for a season.

Wow. That was way longer than I intended it to be lol. :)

What would you rather have:

Di maria mata hazard

Torres

Or:

Whoever mata hazard

Cavani.

Imo the greater benefit will come from an effective striker than a rw.

I much rather see:

Di Maria / Mata / Hazard

Lukaku

That team would be better than spending in a ST and not on a RW!

P.S: I wont quote the rest because we completely disagree with each other, so there is no point in prolonging an endless discussion! :)

I much rather see:

Di Maria / Mata / Hazard

Lukaku

That team would be better than spending in a ST and not on a RW!

P.S: I wont quote the rest because we completely disagree with each other, so there is no point in prolonging an endless discussion! :)

If lukaku stays I would love to see that. But can't see him staying with us next season, in which case I really don't want to be going into next season with just torres and ba.

And fair enough mate. We shall agree to disagree on that. :)

If lukaku stays I would love to see that. But can't see him staying with us next season, in which case I really don't want to be going into next season with just torres and ba.

And fair enough mate. We shall agree to disagree on that. :)

Lukaku will only be loaned if we buy a top ST (which seems likely), if not, there is no way Jose will allow us to go to a season with Torres and Ba!

In the end, I think we will buy both a RW and a ST, so I dont see it being an issue...

Lukaku will only be loaned if we buy a top ST (which seems likely), if not, there is no way Jose will allow us to go to a season with Torres and Ba!

In the end, I think we will buy both a RW and a ST, so I dont see it being an issue...

Knowing roman, it wouldn't be too surprising. Though the question then comes why not buy the right winger keep kdb. Rather than buy Schurrle which is what leads me too believe we won't.

Knowing roman, it wouldn't be too surprising. Though the question then comes why not buy the right winger keep kdb. Rather than buy Schurrle which is what leads me too believe we won't.

It all really depends on how much money we want to spend. Each different budget comes with a different answer...

For instance, does Roman want to spend 100mi pounds? So I see no problem in getting rid of Torres, Marin and Mikel and buying Cavani, Hulk, De Rossi and Mangala. If we will only spend half of that, then I would relly more on our loanees (Lukaku, KDB and Chalobah) and buy cheaper options for key positions!

It really depends, what I just dont want to see is us inflating the squad and losing the faith in our youngsters. Also, no buying average players to mess up with our best ones!!!!!! :P