Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Cash. We still pay good wages, better ones than many other clubs. London itself is a draw as well. Finally, if we don't make the CL, which is likely at the moment, it's not as if we are going to be completely out of the running for that competition for the forseeable future. I'll grant you that we will lose some of our appeal to perspective transfer targets, but it is not going to go away entirely.

Not to mention CFC is firmly situated in what many call the 'nice' or 'rich' part of London.

If we don't qualify for CL, there is still a possibility that we can sign a player like Hazard. He have said before that he wants to be a part of a big project and play for a club that stands for good football. If we could tell him a little about our project, garantee CL for the next year and pay better wages than the other teams, then I don't see why we wouldn't get him. But I have to say, it sounds highly unlikely..

Most of the time, Big players only go to CL Qualified teams..... As for the teams that dont qualify, it is almost always talent that comes through the ranks , or talent being bought from another league, or a lesser club, that shines. That is how the club is rebuilt....look at napoli.

We need to rebuild, Not REBUY!!

Our reserves have 3-4 very promising attacking players, we should not forget that.

CL is not important to me this season or next, i want to see some sort of heart and soul return to CFC. Piazon mchechran Islam Feruz Lukaku Debruyne and ive heard this bamford kid is good too.... Hes quite awesome in fifa12.... We need players coming through the academy and having the passion to prove themselves and take over the New Chelsea Era, ATM its just a case of wasted talent with this lot.

Maximum, lets buy a Striker like Hulk who is more Versatile with where he can play....

WE SIMPLY SHOULD NOT THINK OF BUYING , maybe one player . We need to get these players out and playing for Us. Then buy players around them, rather to hope that magically without being given much chance, these talents will break into our squad.

The reserves are everything our senior team is not.

Failure to qualify for the CL will strongly affect our attractiveness to South American players. The only reason they come to Europe is because of the CL these days, South American football has the wealth now to come close to if not rival wages offered to top players in Europe, especially since sponsors have a vested interest in keeping the best players at the club and can use their corporate billions to pay part of the wages.

We shouldn't have a problem recruiting quality players under 25 who've never played CL football, or play for a team that's hovering around the CL level but can't quite get in.

Our reserves have 3-4 very promising attacking players, we should not forget that.

CL is not important to me this season or next, i want to see some sort of heart and soul return to CFC. Piazon mchechran Islam Feruz Lukaku Debruyne and ive heard this bamford kid is good too.... Hes quite awesome in fifa12.... We need players coming through the academy and having the passion to prove themselves and take over the New Chelsea Era, ATM its just a case of wasted talent with this lot.

We need to get these players out and playing for Us. Then buy players around them, rather to hope that magically without being given much chance, these talents will break into our squad.

Totally agree. Whats the point of having a good academy, solid reserve team if you're never going to give these kids a chance?

Sure we have to take into account that they are raw, they are young..and there is a gap between reserve team football & EPL level football,

BUT with players like McEachran, Lukaku, Bertrand..they should be given the odd game against weaker opponents, i mean they couldn't do much worse than the current players in their respective positions.

Selling players like essien,cole, bosingwa is not easy.

Essien = a player who have just recovered from major injuries and lost his best skill (athleticism), it's going to be difficult to find a buyer

Bosingwa = I think we can get 1-3 million from team in portugal

A. Cole = As England no 1 left back, many English team will be attracted but his wage is too high

Totally agree. Whats the point of having a good academy, solid reserve team if you're never going to give these kids a chance?

Sure we have to take into account that they are raw, they are young..and there is a gap between reserve team football & EPL level football,

BUT with players like McEachran, Lukaku, Bertrand..they should be given the odd game against weaker opponents, i mean they couldn't do much worse than the current players in their respective positions.

Sadly, we didnt know this at the beginning of the season, but now looking back.... If we threw out our old guard and deadwood before the season started and got these youngsters in, we probably would have had the same, if not more points in the league..... their sales would have allowed us to buy atleast two more quality players too add to the squad too....

I always used to ignore the rants people had about the board, but now im sick and tired of this shit. Not one player has broken through the ranks since JOHN TERRY. Thats more than a Decade ago. A DECADE.

For all the other club supporters that call us plastics or the club a plastic club, all they have to do is point out that its been a decade that not one Chelsea youngster has come through, while in all their clubs, youngsters keep coming through. Plastic board. Plastic Plans.

Every time i watch Swansea, i have a laugh. Its so fucking ridiculous, that one of our own was told to fuck off without being given a chance, look at him now.

Unless Roman is doing some sort of Fund Funneling to turn black money into white and really needs the present board, Im sure he will know that the root cause of everything is 1. Players that must leave

2. A Board that is quite ineffective

Roman needs to Fix our club before the summer.

Mathieu Debuchy

french-national-team-soccer-players-kiss-france-NT-football.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - RB (Attacking)

Appearances - 31

Goals - 5

Assists - 1

A position that has felt the wrath of Chelsea fans since Paulo Ferreira's second season. Debucy is your typical modern Fullback, likes to attack and is obliged to defend. Luckily he has great stamina so he attack and defend with ease. Better the Gregory Van Der Wiel and less injury prone that César Aspilicueta, Debucy may be our only hope to fill the dreaded RB position.

Goodness me. Is that the only picture of Debuchy out there?!!

I would rather go for Azpilicueta who is 4-5 years younger and doesn't seem to be targeted by other clubs. Furthermore, Azpilicueta is not injury prone. Yes, he had a bit of problem because he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligaments before but he's now well past it. He's been playing regularly for Marseille at RB for awhile now.

Goodness me. Is that the only picture of Debuchy out there?!!

I would rather go for Azpilicueta who is 4-5 years younger and doesn't seem to be targeted by other clubs. Furthermore, Azpilicueta is not injury prone. Yes, he had a bit of problem because he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligaments before but he's now well past it. He's been playing regularly for Marseille at RB for awhile now.

No, but I thought some users would appreciate it. :Goober: He is kissing Oliver Giroud, in case you were wondering.

I thought Azpi had a recurring hamstring injury similar to Alexandre Pato's. Anterior Cruciate Ligament damage is much more worrying.

I thought Azpi had a recurring hamstring injury similar to Alexandre Pato's. Anterior Cruciate Ligament damage is much more worrying.

Nah. He's a regular starter for Marseille now and there doesn't seem to be any problem with him injury wise.

Most of the time, Big players only go to CL Qualified teams..... As for the teams that dont qualify, it is almost always talent that comes through the ranks , or talent being bought from another league, or a lesser club, that shines. That is how the club is rebuilt....look at napoli.

Maximum, lets buy a Striker like Hulk who is more Versatile with where he can play....

WE SIMPLY SHOULD NOT THINK OF BUYING , maybe one player . We need to get these players out and playing for Us. Then buy players around them, rather to hope that magically without being given much chance, these talents will break into our squad.

Excellent point. I completely agree and would want us to look inside our youth and reserves rather than spending unusually high amount of money to get talent from outside.

Cash. We still pay good wages, better ones than many other clubs. London itself is a draw as well. Finally, if we don't make the CL, which is likely at the moment, it's not as if we are going to be completely out of the running for that competition for the forseeable future. I'll grant you that we will lose some of our appeal to perspective transfer targets, but it is not going to go away entirely.

Yes looks like that is the only incentive left to give now. Are we forgetting City who have bulks & bulks of money as well, they are the ones buying many talents unlike us and now with Champions league spot confirmed they stand a better chance. Also dont forget FFP coming in to the picture u wouldnt be able to spend in the same time like we did in the past. So going forward we would have to be really smart with our revenues.

If we don't qualify for CL, there is still a possibility that we can sign a player like Hazard. He have said before that he wants to be a part of a big project and play for a club that stands for good football. If we could tell him a little about our project, garantee CL for the next year and pay better wages than the other teams, then I don't see why we wouldn't get him. But I have to say, it sounds highly unlikely..

I love the optimisim here and i hope it cascade over as well ... But mate right now, there is no project and last 2 years we arent playing good football as well (baring a few games). If we show them these things i m sure they are going to run off from this Project.

Yes looks like that is the only incentive left to give now. Are we forgetting City who have bulks & bulks of money as well, they are the ones buying many talents unlike us and now with Champions league spot confirmed they stand a better chance. Also dont forget FFP coming in to the picture u wouldnt be able to spend in the same time like we did in the past. So going forward we would have to be really smart with our revenues.

Not forgetting Citeh at all. However, they cannot, try as they might, purchase every promising player on the market and offer them regular first team football. As far as FFP goes, I think many are underestimating our owner, who supported this measure. RA is a man that has built a personal fortune in excess of £13b out of a few thousand roubles in the fierce economic environment of post-communist Russia. I doubt he will let an effete Frenchman and his crew of flunkies stand in the way of his designs.

Not forgetting Citeh at all. However, they cannot, try as they might, purchase every promising player on the market and offer them regular first team football. As far as FFP goes, I think many are underestimating our owner, who supported this measure. RA is a man that has built a personal fortune in excess of £13b out of a few thousand roubles in the fierce economic environment of post-communist Russia. I doubt he will let an effete Frenchman and his crew of flunkies stand in the way of his designs.

Well they have already done so to quiet an extend so far ... As far as RA making money, lets not go there we all know he is a screwd bussinessman.I m sure he has his Men in Black to take care of the Frenchman and their flunkies in regard with the FFP (which again everyone are looking for loophopes) . However that doesnt mean that we would go ahead start breaking rules and policies, we surely cant forget the one season ban in the transfer market imposed on us by the same stupid frenchman and his flunkies.

However that doesnt mean that we would go ahead start breaking rules and policies, we surely cant forget the one season ban in the transfer market imposed on us by the same stupid frenchman and his flunkies.

No one is suggesting that we start to break rules and policies, but generally in any system with rules there is a way to exploit said rules without contavening them.

Platini does, of course, wield power. However, and I'm sure much to 'ol Michel's chagrin, this power is not absolute. Witnessed by our pursuit and ultimately achievement of a ruling by the court of Arbitration and Sport to strike down the transfer ban. Btw, we only missed out on one January window due to the Kakuta affair.

I'm not suggesting that we go back to the old way of doing business, spending money like a lecherous sailor on shore leave in a brothel. We need to become more financially prudent in our player purchases. FFP will be a hinderance, but it does not make our situation, i.e. not making the CL, as bleak as some are portraying it.

Higuain would be a failure at this club. The golden rule for us with strikers is that he must under no circumstances cost more than 24 million pounds or he will turn out to be a flop.

On a more serious note, I just don't think we need to spend 80 million on any one player, let alone a striker. Higuain's not that great anyway, he's no more than a 30 million pound player for mine.

No it's not that, it's the fact that Higuain is a poacher, we can't play with poachers, Torres is in that catagory but is a pure forward too. Poachers need creativity, if we can't assist him, then there's no point.

I really hope for 3 signings: Azpi, because we need new rb (boss and ferreira out necessary), winger (hazard, lavezzi, hulk,...) and playmaker (hamšik, modrič, sneijder,...)

but i hardly believe, we will actualy sign 3 big players for 30-40 mio...

But i expect at least one big 35mio+ transfer(hamšik, hazard,...) and then hoping for some cheaper, younger, but already experienced players like younes belhanda, Andre ayew,...in that range...for around - 20mio.

still belhanda is ranked for around 10mio, we dont get him for less than 16, just because we are chelsea, and they will want more.

After all, we should look in french league again, because lot of players we had, came from there (didi, anelka, essien, malouda,...). but times change, yet those french guys always fitted our club and i think of ayew as a great new malouda....

and one more thing; i realy like mceachran, but he doesnt play for swansea much, even as reserve...you say there are currenty better players than him, but than again, you want him to play for chelsea regulary? he's not on swansea level, but is on ours...untill he will prove somewhere, i dont really count on him. yes hes young, but he and lukaku, piazon and such players need to start playing regulary and i would offload them on loans in the summer. to the clubs where they will actually play regulary. and then we will see, if they can turn on good, like sturridge...i want to see them all in the squad of chelsea in next few years, but if they wont play, they will never be good enough for our team standards...