Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If we take money out of the equation (i.e. Roman is prepared to spend it) then I don't think anyone in their right mind would reject Ronaldo coming to us if he was prepared to leave Real and join us. He would easily be the best player and most potent attacking force in the world if a certain Lionel Messi wasn't about. I think he is the type of player who you don't need to build a team around, he will score goals whatever.

But being realistic, I can't see us going for him. We may need to think outside the box a little this summer without Champions League football to offer.

I would love us to buy Cabaye, I think he is exactly what we need and a cheaper alternative to Modric. I would have loved for us to move for Inler at Napoli because I think he would be a perfect fit too but with no Prem experience, 3 years older than Cabaye and likely to cost more, I would prefer to poach from Newcastle!

We must sort out our attacking options aswell, particularly on the wings. Mata in the centre makes perfect sense but until we have the options out wide it will never be as successful as it should be.

I would love us to buy Cabaye, I think he is exactly what we need and a cheaper alternative to Modric. I would have loved for us to move for Inler at Napoli because I think he would be a perfect fit too but with no Prem experience, 3 years older than Cabaye and likely to cost more, I would prefer to poach from Newcastle!

We must sort out our attacking options aswell, particularly on the wings. Mata in the centre makes perfect sense but until we have the options out wide it will never be as successful as it should be.

I truly agree with you on this point. Cabaye has done a really good performance in Newcastle this season, so I would rather go for him than Modric. I would also like us to get Demba Ba, it is said that his buy-out clause is around 11 million, so that would probably also be a good buy.

As I have said before, we do not have to build a team with worldclass players, just look at how Mourinho did... but I have to agree, it would be a perfect team if we also got Hazard or Götze with the likes of Cabaye and Demba Ba.

If the club were cute with their transfer dealings this summer you could vastly improve and rebuild the squad without paying £100-200m like the press feel we need to do to get back to challenging.

Ashley Cole and Essien are no longer the players they once were (best in the world at what they did) but they still hold huge reputations across the continent, which counts in our favour. If we could offload them now we would get decent transfer fees still for them, allowing us to improve on the squad for very little outlay.

Essien has always said he would like to play in Italy and the slower game would suit him now - we could still command a fee in the region of £12m for him. Similarly Ashley Cole has always been courted by Barca and Real Madrid and I think either would still take him given their left backs for £8-10m.

We could then buy Cabaye from Newcastle and Baines from Everton for approx £30m combined.

Kalou looks likely to leave on a free transfer but we could replace him with Hoilett on a free.

Sell Malouda and Bosingwa for combined fees in the region of £8-10m and buy one of the right backs from France - Azpilicueta or Debuchy for £10-12m.

Let Drogba leave and replace him with Demba Ba if his £7m release clause is true. And if Jordan Rhodes can be bought for £3-4m then snap him up to bolster our attack - even if we loaned him out first season. I think he had big potential and would be worth the punt.

With Cabaye snapped up and moving Mata into the centre, one of Meireles or Lampard could leave. Meireles would hold the higher transfer fee but Lampard would see the higher saving in wages. Either way that should raise another £8m ish.

That would vastly improve our squad, making it look younger, quicker and more vibrant for a net outlay somehwere in the region of £10-15m. A number of those players to leave aswell would be amongst the highest wage earners so in the long term large savings on wages should also be taken into account.

If we were to then splash £25-30m on one player to top it off - an attacking player like Hazard, Hulk, Lucas Moura, Lavezzi, etc we would still have only spent net approx £50m which in todays market to reshape the squad isn't bad business! (I know these are rough ideas of transfer figures but I don't think they are unrealistic)

I like how you think! ;)

If the club were cute with their transfer dealings this summer you could vastly improve and rebuild the squad without paying £100-200m like the press feel we need to do to get back to challenging.

Ashley Cole and Essien are no longer the players they once were (best in the world at what they did) but they still hold huge reputations across the continent, which counts in our favour. If we could offload them now we would get decent transfer fees still for them, allowing us to improve on the squad for very little outlay.

Essien has always said he would like to play in Italy and the slower game would suit him now - we could still command a fee in the region of £12m for him. Similarly Ashley Cole has always been courted by Barca and Real Madrid and I think either would still take him given their left backs for £8-10m.

We could then buy Cabaye from Newcastle and Baines from Everton for approx £30m combined.

Kalou looks likely to leave on a free transfer but we could replace him with Hoilett on a free.

Sell Malouda and Bosingwa for combined fees in the region of £8-10m and buy one of the right backs from France - Azpilicueta or Debuchy for £10-12m.

Let Drogba leave and replace him with Demba Ba if his £7m release clause is true. And if Jordan Rhodes can be bought for £3-4m then snap him up to bolster our attack - even if we loaned him out first season. I think he had big potential and would be worth the punt.

With Cabaye snapped up and moving Mata into the centre, one of Meireles or Lampard could leave. Meireles would hold the higher transfer fee but Lampard would see the higher saving in wages. Either way that should raise another £8m ish.

That would vastly improve our squad, making it look younger, quicker and more vibrant for a net outlay somehwere in the region of £10-15m. A number of those players to leave aswell would be amongst the highest wage earners so in the long term large savings on wages should also be taken into account.

If we were to then splash £25-30m on one player to top it off - an attacking player like Hazard, Hulk, Lucas Moura, Lavezzi, etc we would still have only spent net approx £50m which in todays market to reshape the squad isn't bad business! (I know these are rough ideas of transfer figures but I don't think they are unrealistic)

This might work fine in Football Manager but sadly for us it is much harder do it in real life.

This might work fine in Football Manager but sadly for us it is much harder do it in real life.

It's our clueless board who make it hard. All the players he has listed are very much available in the market for similar prices - they've either got clauses in their contracts or are at smaller clubs who would accept decent offers

No in football manager I could get at least £15-20m from Man City from Ashley Cole, and £20+m for Essien from Real Madrid :D

But I don't see why it should be hard. There should be no shortage of takers for Ashley Cole and Essien on the continent. Malouda is still part of the French squad and held in high esteem over there and surely someone will have Bosingwa. Maybe even Malouda could be used in part exchange to sweeten a deal for Hazard or likewise Meireles and/or Bosingwa in a deal for Hulk?!

Consider our squad now, and consider a possible squad like:

GK - Cech, Hilario, Turnbull (with Courtois for the future). I would be inclined if Wigan were to go down to try and buy Al Habsi, a good goalkeeper to challenge Cech for the next couple of seasons whilst Courtois matures, and let Hilario then leave. If Wigan went down they'd be hard pressed to reject a bid in the region of £5m I reckon.

LB - Baines, Bertrand

RB - Debuchy/Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Hutchinson

CB - Cahill, Terry, David Luiz, Ivanovic

CM - Cabaye, Ramires, Romeu, Mikel, Lampard/Meireles

AM - Mata, McEachran

RW - Sturridge, Hoillett

LW - Hazard/Hulk/Willian (somebody of that ilk), Kakuta, de Bruyne

ST - Torres, Ba, Lukaku

This is not unrealistic and beyond our means even if we didn't get top 4.

The following players will bring us sucess.

Yohan Cabaye

yohan-cabaye-ne-serait-pas-contre-un-depart-pour-bordeaux-ou1.jpg

Newcastle United

Position - CM (Regista)

Appearances - 30

Goals - 3

Assists - 5

The French Xabi Alonso, in my eyes. He sublime passing technique, Free Kick accuracy and contributes a lot defensively. We currently have no player that is similar to Cabaye in our squad and a Regista is absolutely pertinent to our future success.

Esteban Granero

esteban-granero-1.jpg

Real Madrid

Position - CM (Regista)

Appearances - 18

Goals - 0

Assists - 0

The much maligned Madridista's first two seasons at Real Madrid were fantastic, however he has found himself out of favour this season. He is very similar to Cabaye, however with a Midfield pair of Cabaye and Granero will not only offer a lot in attack and defense but will control the tempo and of games. Though it should be said Mourinho is regretful that he has put Granero in the situation he is in.

Mathieu Debucy

french-national-team-soccer-players-kiss-france-NT-football.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - CM (Attacking)

Appearances - 31

Goals - 5

Assists - 1

A position that has felt the wrath of Chelsea fans since Paulo Ferreira's second season. Debucy is your typical modern Fullback, likes to attack and is obliged to defend. Luckily he has great stamina so he attack and defend with ease. Better the Gregory Van Der Wiel and less injury prone that César Aspilicueta, Debucy may be our only hope to fill the dreaded RB position.

Eden Hazard

8532345.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - Winger / AM (Trequartista)

Appearances - 40

Goals - 15

Assists - 11

No young player in Europe (maybe besides Mario Götze) currently generates such a massive circle jerk among fans. Fast, technical, dynamic, genius, there simply isn't enough adjectives to describe the Belgian. Every knows want he can do, and everyone knows why he is a desitable transfer.

Edison Cavani

cavani%7E1.jpg

S.S.C. Napoli

Position - Striker (Target Man)

Appearances - 38

Goals - 28

Assists - 5

El Matador... if Juan Mata is a matador for his agility and nimbleness; then Cavani is a matador because of his tenacity and ferocity. He reminds me a lot of Drogba but truly is a completely different animal, but mark my words he will surpass Drogba if he signs for us. Work ethic, stamina, power, pace, technique; he is complete.

Ezequiel Lavezzi

250000688.jpg

S.S.C. Napoli

Position - Winger / AM (Trequartista)

Appearances - 32

Goals - 10

Assists - 7

Lavezzi is the most important player in Napoli. His stats don't scream it, but his pace, passing and dribbling contribute massively to every scoring oppurtunity created by Napoli. Think David Silva except ten times faster and is mostly restricted to the wing positions, he is that good.

If we got all these players, There'd be a Jizz overload. Last three have become very unrealistic but I want all of them because this squad needs a massive overhaul

Imagine this

----Debucy-------Cahil--------Terry---------Cole----

----------------Granero------------Cabaye------------

------------------------------Mata-------------------------

------Hazard-------------Cavani-------------Lavezzi--

Never going to Happen but nice to dream about. If Mourinho/ Guardiola comes to Chelsea however, IMO the entire landscape changes. Roman would back him with Money as well, so these targets become attainable. Either way I think we HAVE to get good players in or else we will become the next liverpool

Stop playing Football manager, folks and get real. If we dont make it to the Champions league (which is almost certain) why would the players come over to us, what is the incentive for them? Plus with the FPP coming in effect from next season, u cant just spend money like we used to else we lose out the Champions league spot the next season.

Stop playing Football manager, folks and get real. If we dont make it to the Champions league (which is almost certain) why would the players come over to us, what is the incentive for them? Plus with the FPP coming in effect from next season, u cant just spend money like we used to else we lose out the Champions league spot the next season.

Because teams that aren't in the Champions League have never signed good players. <_<

Stop playing Football manager, folks and get real. If we dont make it to the Champions league (which is almost certain) why would the players come over to us, what is the incentive for them?

Cash. We still pay good wages, better ones than many other clubs. London itself is a draw as well. Finally, if we don't make the CL, which is likely at the moment, it's not as if we are going to be completely out of the running for that competition for the forseeable future. I'll grant you that we will lose some of our appeal to perspective transfer targets, but it is not going to go away entirely.