Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I would welcome Alex Song in a heartbeat. Song and Mikel/Rami/Luiz would steady the boat for sure. BPL experience and a proven rock in the heart of midfield with excellent vision.

Love Song, but would need to pair him with a deep-lying midfielder. (someone like Modric)

Love Song, but would need to pair him with a deep-lying midfielder. (someone like Modric)

I agree, Mikel is a deep-lyng midfielder no? Would rather Modric of course but both would be next Christmas come early plus very unfair on Rami and Mikel. Though I do believe Rami can play attacking midfield so pushing him out of the double pivot role isn't soo damning.

Today, I read Chelsea are ready to send away L. Piazon & M.Marin out on loan.

Now, if I may. Are anyone with it at Chelsea´s head office ?

Why are they buying these players, Lukaku, Piazon, Marin to name a few ?

Marin was bought when there was a chance we wouldn't qualify for the Champions League (we only did because we won it and the holders have to be in it the following year). When we did we were able to sign better players, so he's seen as somewhat surplus to requirements especially if we sign another wide player. At the moment they're just sounding out clubs who could take him off the wage bill.

Piazon needs playing time and he won't get that here right now.

We signed Lukaku because he has massive potential and we're just starting to see it. He simply wasn't ready for Chelsea so he needed to get experience, but also get in the right physical shape. He's still very young.

Which other players do you have questions about us signing?

CM. We won't be adding anymore Strikers until Summer, where Torres' time will FINALLY run out.

I think there is a possibility of us buying some cheap striker we can use in europa league so that we arent just stuck with Torres there.

Plus probably someone like Fellaini.

As I see, another simplified response above.

First, on the loan. When a team loans out players, the team usually pays part of his wages.

When Chelsea bought Piazon, be it. The potential is there. However, he has been sitting around for some 6 or more months. Now, somebody woke up & there he goes.

Marin was bought hurriedly before anyone ever thought it over. Too bad he got injured, I would have liked to see what he is all about. So far, not much. Waste of money.

As for my favorite Lukaku. Easily could have been brought back home, money saved on BA & the kid would have been happy as a bug in the rub.

Any other questions ? Hit it Jack.

As I see, another simplified response above.

First, on the loan. When a team loans out players, the team usually pays part of his wages.

When Chelsea bought Piazon, be it. The potential is there. However, he has been sitting around for some 6 or more months. Now, somebody woke up & there he goes.

Marin was bought hurriedly before anyone ever thought it over. Too bad he got injured, I would have liked to see what he is all about. So far, not much. Waste of money.

As for my favorite Lukaku. Easily could have been brought back home, money saved on BA & the kid would have been happy as a bug in the rub.

Any other questions ? Hit it Jack.

Piazon hasn't been 'sitting around for some 6 or more months', he's been training with the first-team and learning what it is to be a professional footballer. Now he's got that under his belt, he can go on loan knowing what to expect. Footballers are complicated beings - they're very much like humans in that way.

Marin wasn't bought 'hurriedly', he was bought as an insurance policy because of the very real possibility we wouldn't be able to attract a higher calibre player who would've needed CL football.

Lukaku could've been brought back, but the club needed to look at what was best for his long-term development and right now that seems to be being the focal point of West Brom's team. At Chelsea he wouldn't get that and it's hard to know exactly how he'd have reacted, so we bought in a proven PL player who is in form, cheap and has a lot of sell-on value if we decide to promote Lukaku to the first-team squad next year.

If that sounds like too 'simplified' a response then I'm sorry.

Piazon hasn't been 'sitting around for some 6 or more months', he's been training with the first-team and learning what it is to be a professional footballer. Now he's got that under his belt, he can go on loan knowing what to expect. Footballers are complicated beings - they're very much like humans in that way.

Marin wasn't bought 'hurriedly', he was bought as an insurance policy because of the very real possibility we wouldn't be able to attract a higher calibre player who would've needed CL football.

Lukaku could've been brought back, but the club needed to look at what was best for his long-term development and right now that seems to be being the focal point of West Brom's team. At Chelsea he wouldn't get that and it's hard to know exactly how he'd have reacted, so we bought in a proven PL player who is in form, cheap and has a lot of sell-on value if we decide to promote Lukaku to the first-team squad next year.

If that sounds like too 'simplified' a response then I'm sorry.

Footballers are complicated human beings ? How complicated are they, then ?

Are you part of some psychiatric department in UK ?

Marin was bought as an insurance to do what ? The club must have known he was an injury prone player. It really worked out well, I might add. Waste of money, in my books.

Lukaku has not decided whether he wants to come back home yet. Resale value ? Are Chelsea in selling players business ?

Simplified & insufficient answers have not quelled my appetite but a good try though.

Footballers are complicated human beings ? How complicated are they, then ?

Are you part of some psychiatric department in UK ?

Marin was bought as an insurance to do what ? The club must have known he was an injury prone player. It really worked out well, I might add. Waste of money, in my books.

Lukaku has not decided whether he wants to come back home yet. Resale value ? Are Chelsea in selling players business ?

Simplified & insufficient answers have not quelled my appetite but a good try though.

I'm not a psychiatrist, I just happen to know a lof of humans.

Marin was bought as an insurance policy in case we didn't get into the CL (as I've explained). He was relatively cheap too, so not a huge waste of money in the larger scheme of things.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's not up to Lukaku if he comes back or not. He's a Chelsea fan too, so I'm not in the least bit concerned about him. Also, Chelsea are in the football business, and that includes selling players.

I don't think your problem is my answers, I think it's the fact that you need to ask these questions in the first place.

I'm not a psychiatrist, I just happen to know a lof of humans.

Marin was bought as an insurance policy in case we didn't get into the CL (as I've explained). He was relatively cheap too, so not a huge waste of money in the larger scheme of things.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's not up to Lukaku if he comes back or not. He's a Chelsea fan too, so I'm not in the least bit concerned about him. Also, Chelsea are in the football business, and that includes selling players.

I don't think your problem is my answers, I think it's the fact that you need to ask these questions in the first place.

Totally agree. Marin, as has stated himself, was bought for the long term, like all players he just needs regular football and could still become an important player for us. And he has started to get game time in the capital cup

Piazon the same as indeed Lukaku. To disregard these players just because they are not playing currently for us is madness

Today, I read Chelsea are ready to send away L. Piazon & M.Marin out on loan.

Now, if I may. Are anyone with it at Chelsea´s head office ?

Why are they buying these players, Lukaku, Piazon, Marin to name a few ?

It is because we have PAS

Player Acquisition Syndrome. (like some of us have GAS - gear acquiition syndrome and/or loud bowels).

True fact.