Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

There is a golden rule in football. When a player's legs go, make sure he is not on your books. We should really internalise this. Sell players exactly or shortly after the end of their prime.As you see your own players every day you know exactly when their powers start to wane. Outsiders who are not as ITK might still bid a ton of money for them.

As all of us I really like the guy but Kante has been knee-deep into decline for two years now. He already started showing signs of it in the last Conte season. Sarri ran him into the ground and aggravated his injury. He has not been the same since. In truth we look much more fluent without him, having only lost 2 games in his absence all season. And I dont think our midfield is majorly at fault for the goals we concede but rather defense and Kepa. When he plays we win balls back earlier but we can not really play out from the back. He also does not carry the ball out of defense with his trademark dribblings anymore. given his physical characteristics are so vital for his style of play, once his pace goes and it has been on its way out for two years now, he is not that useful anymore.

The only reason to keep Kante would be if we fail to get an adequate replacement and if no one makes a decent enough bid (80m+ pounds obviously)

I hear you and respect the perspective but as I mentioned as to why we should have him. 

In my opinion, he really had one bad season which is the current one ... last one he was asked something which is not his forte and one before was a shambles because he ended up doing 2 men's job. He still has the legs for another 2 season easy if he is fit. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Intriguing where Thiago ends up. Superb player and would be an upgrade for any midfield in the world

Hope Pep doesnt go back on his word regarding Foden and sign Thiago to replace Silva. What a player he is. Unbelievably rounded and still got plenty of life in him.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hope Pep doesnt go back on his word regarding Foden and sign Thiago to replace Silva. What a player he is. Unbelievably rounded and still got plenty of life in him.

Foden will probably be better over the course of his career (just not now)

40 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

There is a golden rule in football. When a player's legs go, make sure he is not on your books. We should really internalise this. Sell players exactly or shortly after the end of their prime.As you see your own players every day you know exactly when their powers start to wane. Outsiders who are not as ITK might still bid a ton of money for them.

As all of us I really like the guy but Kante has been knee-deep into decline for two years now. He already started showing signs of it in the last Conte season. Sarri ran him into the ground and aggravated his injury. He has not been the same since. In truth we look much more fluent without him, having only lost 2 games in his absence all season. And I dont think our midfield is majorly at fault for the goals we concede but rather defense and Kepa. When he plays we win balls back earlier but we can not really play out from the back. He also does not carry the ball out of defense with his trademark dribblings anymore. given his physical characteristics are so vital for his style of play, once his pace goes and it has been on its way out for two years now, he is not that useful anymore.

The only reason to keep Kante would be if we fail to get an adequate replacement and if no one makes a decent enough bid (80m+ pounds obviously)

I think we have sold well. Ramires, Matic, Mata come to mind. But have to disagree regarding Kante.

1. Conte's 2nd season, I think Kante was still world class. We sold matic, replaced him with Bakayoko and Drinkwater and whats worse was that cesc was supposed to fill that gap. It was a board disaster. Putting it on Kante is not fair imo.

2. Sarri - we changed from a 2 man mid to 3 man mid, with Kante probably playing the most further of the 3. An unheard of position for him and he still was great. There were so many of us who were happy with his "this side of the game developing".

3. This season has been an anomaly, injury-wise. Irrespective, he is still World class. Look at the city game. We had Barkley on the pitch and still snuffed out city. 

The fact that we still expect a 80+m pound bid is probably telling that he is actually worth it all. Also, really dont buy Kante disrupts our momentum. Its about balance and he brings far more balance as a DM to our squad (in terms of attack and defence). His overall play is still great. I mean fabinho is regarded as the world's best DM, i dont think there is a single trait (ball winning, positional awareness, passing range), in which Kante would be 2nd to him. We have simply not being using him in the role which suits him best.He just needs to be stopped running into the ground. Used intelligently.

Atm, we are anyways not going to be able to sell him. If RM did not go for Kai for the same amount, they wont be going for Kante. Also, like I said, selling is useful when you either have a viable option or an upgrade. At this moment, there is not anyone available who can be close to an upgrade and we definitely dont have someone in our squad as a replacement. So selling him would be a massive mistake. 

Give him another year, let gilmour get more experience, and the next window we can judge. I feel Kante is massively in FL's plans.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

We might aswell sell Drogba after his ilness but we didnt and he went on couple great seasons. Bayern could sell Robben but they didnt and he was great for them. 

We sold Matic for example, but can you realy tell the difference if he stayed? We went on buying Bakayoko, then Jorginho and we still dont have a proper DM. Might as well kept Matic then instead of problems we have now selling Baka and Jorgi. 

The only time someone good should be sold is if they dont want to be here. Saying oh he will be shite next year, injuries, age etc might fire back. Take a look at Madrid and Makelele.

I highly doubt Lamps will want Kante gone, I cant see it. On Thiago, why arent we after him, 30M is nothing for such a player and will do am awesome job. A winner and lots of experience and I for one hope he doesnt go to pool.

9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I highly doubt Lamps will want Kante gone, I cant see it. On Thiago, why arent we after him, 30M is nothing for such a player and will do am awesome job. A winner and lots of experience and I for one hope he doesnt go to pool.

Exactly the type of signing which we should avoid. Mount, kai, rlc, kova. Ziyech plays there too. Stacked in CM/CAM department

35 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Exactly the type of signing which we should avoid. Mount, kai, rlc, kova. Ziyech plays there too. Stacked in CM/CAM department

He would still improve our midfield for not much money, if Jorgo goes he would be a good signing. RLC is not up to speed yet either.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He would still improve our midfield for not much money, if Jorgo goes he would be a good signing. RLC is not up to speed yet either.

True. But he won't be upto speed by sitting on the bench either. 

Obviously a signing like Thiago will improve any mid of any team (or atleast most), but only in short term. But will he be a game changer in making us contenders to actual winners in the next 2 seasons - I don't thonk so.

I feel the club is thinking long term. Most of the transfers and decisions are based on long term thinking and I feel that should continue. Thiago for all his abilities and class, won't help us that massively in becoming title winners, but he would be a signing that would literally spell out the end for RLc and maybe even mount, who both have very high ceilings compared to the players they are today 

2 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

True. But he won't be upto speed by sitting on the bench either. 

Obviously a signing like Thiago will improve any mid of any team (or atleast most), but only in short term. But will he be a game changer in making us contenders to actual winners in the next 2 seasons - I don't thonk so.

I feel the club is thinking long term. Most of the transfers and decisions are based on long term thinking and I feel that should continue. Thiago for all his abilities and class, won't help us that massively in becoming title winners, but he would be a signing that would literally spell out the end for RLc and maybe even mount, who both have very high ceilings compared to the players they are today 

Thiago is world class and a winner, we need more winners with experience in our team, there are no guarantees RLC will come good, injuries take their toll evenually. I think he will boost our chances cuz he instantly improves us and for the outlay its worth it...if injuries fuck us up again then its needed. If Kante and Jorgo stay put then yeah we wont go for him. I can see Pep going for him if their relationship is good.

9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Thiago is world class and a winner, we need more winners with experience in our team, there are no guarantees RLC will come good, injuries take their toll evenually. I think he will boost our chances cuz he instantly improves us and for the outlay its worth it...if injuries fuck us up again then its needed. If Kante and Jorgo stay put then yeah we wont go for him. I can see Pep going for him if their relationship is good.

Agree to disagree. 

I don't think he is worth the outlay. 30m for 3 years + 10m per year in wages. That would be 20m a year outlay + the stop of Mount and Rlc development. Also this 20m per year outlay can literally go on a quality CB/LB. Just cant seem to think this would be a good idea and happy that their are no rumors linking us to it

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We might aswell sell Drogba after his ilness but we didnt and he went on couple great seasons. Bayern could sell Robben but they didnt and he was great for them. 

We sold Matic for example, but can you realy tell the difference if he stayed? We went on buying Bakayoko, then Jorginho and we still dont have a proper DM. Might as well kept Matic then instead of problems we have now selling Baka and Jorgi. 

The only time someone good should be sold is if they dont want to be here. Saying oh he will be shite next year, injuries, age etc might fire back. Take a look at Madrid and Makelele.

Different times, different players. Matic  did fuck all for Utd and was shit for the past 1.5 years before he left. Buying bakayojo and drinkie was obviously stupid af but the decision to sell matic was right. The Club can only be sustained with profitable player sales. We are not Madrid or Bayern who can simply tap up players on the cheap or get government funding

7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Agree to disagree. 

I don't think he is worth the outlay. 30m for 3 years + 10m per year in wages. That would be 20m a year outlay + the stop of Mount and Rlc development. Also this 20m per year outlay can literally go on a quality CB/LB. Just cant seem to think this would be a good idea and happy that their are no rumors linking us to it

I dont know about his wages but yeah sounds a bit high, he wont get that here. We will be playing lots of matches so more options are welcome. Cant see him taking Mounts place but LC I can see. I have a hard time seeing LC reaching his potential.

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I dont know about his wages but yeah sounds a bit high, he wont get that here. We will be playing lots of matches so more options are welcome. Cant see him taking Mounts place but LC I can see. I have a hard time seeing LC reaching his potential.

I actually quoted "lesser" than what he is rumored to be earning at Bayern (250kpw €). In that sense, I don't know, with the options we already have and what we have already paid for ziyech, kai for the same position, seems like an overkill imo.

As for RlC, pre-injury, he seemed to have broken through. That friendly really set him back a year. But those performances were not to be forgotten. I feel he can get back to it. Or atleast hope.

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Different times, different players. Matic  did fuck all for Utd and was shit for the past 1.5 years before he left. Buying bakayojo and drinkie was obviously stupid af but the decision to sell matic was right. The Club can only be sustained with profitable player sales. We are not Madrid or Bayern who can simply tap up players on the cheap or get government funding

Point is we could just keep Matic. It would be the same despite people said it was smart move.

If we sell kante because its time to cash in or because he is old? What are we a bank or we want to win trophies? 

He is useful player, one of the best in the world. The club should invest the money better not sell Kante to cover up for the past fuckups.