Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

12 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

According to Chilean media, Alexis Sanchez has decided to stay at Arsenal and will earn 10m€ per year

lacazette ,Ozil ,Sanchez 

we are fucked ?

Wtf? If that's true, I don't get it, how can Arsenal pull that off after having a catastrophe of a season? Okay we kept all our stars after that horrible season, but with us you don't get the feeling that we'll stay there. With Arsenal, on the other hand, you do. No CL football, even if there were their track record would presume another humiliation early in knockout stages (if they got there). No chance of winning the league, maybe a lucky domestic cup that has no pull on foreign players at all. How?

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Wtf? If that's true, I don't get it, how can Arsenal pull that off after having a catastrophe of a season? Okay we kept all our stars after that horrible season, but with us you don't get the feeling that we'll stay there. With Arsenal, on the other hand, you do. No CL football, even if there were their track record would presume another humiliation early in knockout stages (if they got there). No chance of winning the league, maybe a lucky domestic cup that has no pull on foreign players at all. How?

They are still a very big club, in a very big city, that pay very big wages. I would be shocked if Alexis signs a new deal, same with Ozil. Laca is a good player but he has just been beating up on a weaker french league. They will be dangerous going forward like they always are but no reason to worry. We signed Kante after finishing 10th, these things can happen to big clubs but the allure of a club doesnt fade after one bad year.

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

that pay very big wages.

Aren't they known for being cheap though? City, Bayern, even we could offer him bigger wages. I could somewhat understand him staying for his last season, but to renew his contract in that dead-end club? I would be shocked too.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Aren't they known for being cheap though? City, Bayern, even we could offer him bigger wages. I could somewhat understand him staying for his last season, but to renew his contract in that dead-end club? I would be shocked too.

City and us are a different level of wage paying yes, Bayern i think are stricter than we know. Being cheap in the PL is a relative term compared to the rest of europe. I think Alexis will play out the year then move on to greener pastures of his choosing. If i were him I would go to Bayern on a free, as he ages his body will begin to deteriorate and they would be able to extend his career with rotation while remaining dominant in the bundesliga and CL

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

For how long when we have an incompetent board that can't close any top deals? 

Bakayoko and Rudiger are as good as done, Technically the market has only been open for 4 days. Transfer deals take a long time to come together especially in a market where teams are trying to run up ridiculous prices. You've gotta have patience my friend. If we have no deals done by August then I might join you in being upset/worrying but until then we have to see what we can do. Conte loves Bakayoko and was after Rudiger last year, we have addressed our backup GK position and brought in some crazy talented youths for the future to either play or sell for a profit. Contrary to popular belief the board wants us to win games and succeed as much as you or I do. 

Admittedly, it is a bit concerning that we aren't even linked with a single attacking player other than Lukaku. Without Diego our attacking talent on hand looks pretty iffy compared to City, Arsenal (with Lacazette and Sanchez if he stays) and maybe even Liverpool due to Klopp's tactics. 

At the same time, you look at Spuds and they only really have one big source of goals and that didn't stop them from challenging. But when you look at City and they have Silva, Silva, KDB, Sané, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, and may even bring in more attacking players and you compare it to us who have just Hazard (who may not be fit for a while) Willian who isn't prolific at all, Pedro who's solid but not great, and Batshuayi who may not even be a Conte player. Their attacking depth is a million miles from ours.

Even if Lukaku comes in we'd still be a single injury away from disaster. I have to assume that the club are very quietly pursuing deals for attacking players. At least I hope they are. 

I've been sort of hesitant whenever I see the 424 mentioned but just chatting with a friend and this would actually look really nice.

Courtois 

azpi    Luiz     Rudiger    Sandro

Kante.        Bakayoko 

pedro                               Hazard

Lukaku    Batman

that is pretty deadly ahaha Lukaku and batman can criss cross being left/right footed. Sandro can storm forward when he pleases having Bakayoko covering his side with kante being everywhere. I kinda like it 

Bild who are usually well informed when it comes to Bayern claim that the Douglas Costa to Juve deal is off. 40m € for a very good, left footed winger is decent business. We should be all over him IMO. When injury free he is quality and we should be able to fend off competition from Inter Milan easily. 

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/costa-deal-vor-dem-aus-52436400.bild.html

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Bild who are usually well informed when it comes to Bayern claim that the Douglas Costa to Juve deal is off. 40m € for a very good, left footed winger is decent business. We should be all over him IMO. When injury free he is quality and we should be able to fend off competition from Inter Milan easily. 

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/costa-deal-vor-dem-aus-52436400.bild.html

Doesnt even feel like we're going after another winger at all at the moment, for some reason...

2 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Doesnt even feel like we're going after another winger at all at the moment, for some reason...

If and it's a big IF we get lukaku, sandro, bakayoko, rűdigar, and we ready have big bald willy knowing chelsea we will sign some one on deadline day so that's potentiality 6 new.faces 

8 minutes ago, Artandur said:

which is a shame. We badly need one. Willian and Pedro are almost 30 and not getting any younger. Douglas Costa combines Willian's pace and Pedro's movement.