Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

So either some one has done well on a scratch card or lukaku might of been sold? 

The have relatively new owners with deeper pockets than previous owner Bill Kenwright. They are also a Premier League club. There's a lot of money about in this league.

BREAKING NEWS

West Ham United have held talks about signing Javier Hernandez from Bayer Leverkusen. The former Manchester United striker has a £13m release clause in his contract.

West Ham are planning on signing at least one striker this summer and Hernandez has the Premier League experience they are looking for.

Hernandez has scored 39 times in the past two seasons. He moved to Germany from United in a £7.3m deal two year ago.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

We should go in for Hernandez great wee goal scorer 

Chicharito and Modeste. 40m and we would have a brand new strike force. Both 29 though so nothing for the future but still have 2-3 years at the top and  would easily get the goals Diego gets us. Would suffice for the league albeit not the CL. 

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

In today's transfer market £13m is a bargain for little pea 

not mention he will defo at least two offside goals against us if he joins another team. If those 13m spare us the pain in the ass he is when playing against us, I will drive him to SW6 myself. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

No wonder city buying early cause they may be getting hit with a transfer ban

Very, very slim chance they'll get a ban in my opinion. FIFA & The FA signed off on the deal in the first place, so they clearly thought City's actions were in order. Then they turned down an appeal from the South American club. That means they heard the argument made by the club, presumably investigated, and then ruled in City's favour. After all of that it would seem a bit harsh for the world governing body to turn around and issue a ban and it would have to be FIFA who impose the ban, CAS has no power to do it.

The transfer in question concerned a 16 year old kind. As we know players under 18 are not allowed to be transferred internationally unless their family move countries for non-footballing reasons. The only exception is within the EU where EU laws say European citizens are entitled to work in any EU country. And this is where the controversy comes in. The lads family moved to Europe shortly before his 16th birthday where he acquired an Italian passport a few days later so facilitating the move to City. FIFA should have been aware of all of this, so the fact that they waived the transfer through makes hard to see how they can do a u-turn now.

Even if CAS find against City, I think the most likely outcome is a fine, not a ban, and financial compensation for the lad's original club. I think it'll be that way not least because I'm sure that's what the South Americans want.A ban for City, and a return of the player's registration is no good to them. They can't force the lad to sign a cntract with them, and if he doesn't he can just walk out of the club anyway. They would not be able to transfer him and profit in that way.

The EPL is beginning to scare me. We are entering an era where teams like Everton are signing 2-3 players within the space of one month like when Roman took over chelsea, and teams like southampton can stand their ground and say they are not selling bertand and VVD for any price. Teams are becoming either more and more equal to each other or more and more ambitious. It's scary.

Everton sign 2 in one day. Mancity and AFC B sign 2 within a month. Chelsea and Man Utd sign 1 within 2 months. Spurs and Arsenal sign 0 since everything began.(unless they have and i don't know of) (not talking about academy signings cause chelsea have signed about 3 so far)

I fear it will become too competitive and less attractive for players who just want to win a title in their career. They may  go for the PSG's and Bayerns because of sure CL qualification and a domestic cup, because every year 2 big teams will likely not qualify for CL in the EPL like this season. Lucky for Man U.

Every other league have their major teams qualify except the Serie A. They also have a situation like ours but not as bad. They have this funny clause on players being bought by fellow Serie A teams.