Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

4 hours ago, Rapkun said:

I'd rather have him than Lukaku tbh especially at the quoted price. It's between them and Atletico according to l'equipe who leaked the story earlier.

I would never have Laca as the main number 9 at an elite club. He'd be superb in a two man strike force though. 

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I would never have Laca as the main number 9 at an elite club. He'd be superb in a two man strike force though. 

1 or 2 years ago I would have agreed with you, but Lacazette has proven to be able to play as a lone striker very well. His back to goal game has improved immensely and he makes himself useful and available when his team is struggling. He's a quality player and that's coming from someone who didn't rate him very highly at first.

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Lukaku talk has died down recently practically nothing at all do you guys reckon it's all done ready to be announced July 1st?

Hope they noticed he is not worth the money quoted or anything above 50 mil and we move on to Aubameyang.

14 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Nike sponsors all the players we've been heavily linked with: Caballero, Alex Sandro, Bakayoko, Van Dijk, Lukaku, Mahrez. Coincidence? #CFC

Replace Lukaku and especially Mahrez with Aubameyang and Dembele. Come on Nike :cig:

3 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Lukaku talk has died down recently practically nothing at all do you guys reckon it's all done ready to be announced July 1st?

I'm still hoping not, but that could be a good explanation of the drop off in stories about this deal. It is a drop off though, not a silence. There are a few bits around most days. I keep I hoping to read Chelsea end Rom chase in some headline.

The striker situation is very tricky as we have to get rid of Diego first. The biggest issue about this is that alternatives to Lukaku are being snapped up by other clubs. Soon he will be the only option available and we're gonna have to submit to Everton and pay a ridiculous fee to get him.