Lucas Moura

JoulJoul

Their CM problem? I don't see one now they have Kagawa along with Carrick, Scholes, Cleverly, Anderson and Fletcher if he gets fit again, Giggs can play CM also. The way Fergie sets up his team the players don't have to necessarily be individually outstanding but rather function in their role effectively and collectively resulting in wins. You can have all the good players in your team but if they don't work well together then you are going to win nada. Those players mentioned are pretty decent anyways and I'm sure Fergie will form a solid center midfield this season so buying Lucas will only strengthen Man U's options in attack which I for one don't like!

Kagawa is hardly a CM. Giggs and Scholes are beyond their last legs. Running on fumes. Carrick nothing special. Their Midfield needs alot of work.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly believe Lucas is going to be an outstanding player. Is he first team material now? I'm not so sure, but United, unlike us would give him those opportunities. If his end product improves he is going to slip into that class of player that I would pay just to watch play on his own.

so we have all the creative midfielders - Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin

Man U have all the wingers - Valencia, Nani, Young, Lucas

and Man City have all the strikers - Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli

It will be interesting to see which style of play comes out on top next season!

DEAL IS OFF, if i was Roman i would hijack him! just for the hell of it

We're not Man City. We don't buy players 'just for the hell of it'. Hence why players like Cech, Cole, Mikel, Drogba, etc. have been excellent long-term options, all worth the price tags.

Their CM problem? I don't see one now they have Kagawa along with Carrick, Scholes, Cleverly, Anderson and Fletcher if he gets fit again, Giggs can play CM also. The way Fergie sets up his team the players don't have to necessarily be individually outstanding but rather function in their role effectively and collectively resulting in wins. You can have all the good players in your team but if they don't work well together then you are going to win nada. Those players mentioned are pretty decent anyways and I'm sure Fergie will form a solid center midfield this season so buying Lucas will only strengthen Man U's options in attack which I for one don't like!

Kagawa has never been a CM, Scholes is nearly 40 years old and simply can't play every match next season, Cleverley and Anderson are huge question marks having both spent the majority of last season in the sidelines because of injuries and Giggs is pretty much the same as Scholes. Fletcher is out with his illness for God knows how long and no one knows if he will ever return to playing full time professional football, have you seen pictures of him recently? The man looks a shadow of his former self.

Are you really telling me they don't have a problem in central midfield? Every United fan I know are desperately hoping they go after a top class CM instead of another winger or a striker. Most of them think that if they buy Lucas then Nani is on his way out. While Moura is a brilliant player they would all love to have, that wouldn't really solve their problems and they still need that new central midfielder. At least for the first few seasons I wouldn't be concerned if they got Moura to replace Nani because that's hardly an upgrade at the moment. Lucas will probably be better than Nani in the future when he has time to develop but not yet.

We have enough small, lightwieght players. We need some physicality.

And a lot of it. We don't have the firepower to actually beat the likes of Barcelona through pure attacking play. We also don't have the muscle to sit back and stifle them, either.

It's not going to be a successful year for us in the CL.

Kagawa is hardly a CM. Giggs and Scholes are beyond their last legs. Running on fumes. Carrick nothing special. Their Midfield needs alot of work.

Kagawa hardly a CM ? Well it looks like he is capable of playing CM with Scholes, just look how he commands the center of midfield here even though i think he is playing in an advanced role!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2iWXqO3UYk

Grab this kid!! And then maybe grab demba ba for a bit of physically when it's needed!1

Yes, let's spend 100M pounds on midfielders. Where would Lucas play? We have Oscar, Lampard, Marin, Mata, Hazard, Meireles, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, and Romeu (not to mention Malouda, Benayoun, KDB, Piazon, McEachran, and Kakuta). At this point, buying another midfielder is just taking time away from someone else who deserves playing time.

And Kagawa was primarily a central attacking midfielder with Dortmund. I assume that's where he'll play for United.

Yes, let's spend 100M pounds on midfielders. Where would Lucas play? We have Oscar, Lampard, Marin, Mata, Hazard, Meireles, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, and Romeu (not to mention Malouda, Benayoun, KDB, Piazon, McEachran, and Kakuta). At this point, buying another midfielder is just taking time away from someone else who deserves playing time.

And Kagawa was primarily a central attacking midfielder with Dortmund. I assume that's where he'll play for United.

Right wing, and forget buying hulk, just my preference

easy get rid of bold and replacement them with another young midfielders.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You