Lucas Moura

JoulJoul

Putting aside my Chelsea bias and hate for the Mancs, Lucas looks like he could be brilliant. A better version of Theo Walcott. His decision making needs to improve a bit and he is untested in England. If ManUre get him surely they'd have to sell a winger or perhaps convert Valencia into a RB.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah fuck it we got Hazard, Utd can have him. Probably not even worth the 30 odd million they will pay anyway.

Well we bought Hazard for £32 million. They (ManUre) were saying the same thing about Hazard. That he is overrated and not worth it. Lucas is massively overpriced but over time he could prove to be worth every penny. Only thing is, where will Ferguson play him?

Well we bought Hazard for £32 million. They (ManUre) were saying the same thing about Hazard. That he is overrated and not worth it. Lucas is massively overpriced but over time he could prove to be worth every penny. Only thing is, where will Ferguson play him?

Fergie is getting dottled I must say. Hazard is genuinely worth 32 million, in fact hes probably worth more. Lucas is only a 15 million player right now as he is still very rough around the edges, his dribbling, shooting and pace is very good while most of the other parts of his game aren't that good.

And as you said where would he play him, exactly what I am wondering lol. Valencia, Nani and Kagawa are better than Lucas right now and will be played ahead of him. He should probably go to Inter in Serie A and build himself up from prospect into a more established player like what Hazard did at Lille.... (then come to Chelsea in 2 or 3 seasons) :Goober:

Fergie is getting dottled I must say. Hazard is genuinely worth 32 million, in fact hes probably worth more. Lucas is only a 15 million player right now as he is still very rough around the edges, his dribbling, shooting and pace is very good while most of the other parts of his game aren't that good.

And as you said where would he play him, exactly what I am wondering lol. Valencia, Nani and Kagawa are better than Lucas right now and will be played ahead of him. He should probably go to Inter in Serie A and build himself up from prospect into a more established player like what Hazard did at Lille.... (then come to Chelsea in 2 or 3 seasons) :Goober:

Yeah, I think Ferguson is become a bit senile. He is a massive hypcorite as well. Saying Hazard wasn't worth the money yet is about to pay £30 million on Lucas who is even less worth it. I agree, he should go to Inter. It would be best for him. The positive is if ManUre are too stupid to address their CM problem it'll only benefit us. :Goober:

Ronaldo and Ronsldinho had the common sense to aim a bit lower than clubs like Chelsea and Manchestr United. At PSV and PSG there was less pressure to succeed instantly.

too bad Lucas and oscar aren't. Don't wanna hear the "they play diffrent positions" excuse

Watch the Team GB vs Brazil friendly again and look at how well Oscar played against the likes of Joe Allan, Ryan Giggs, Tom Cleverley in the midfield.

He was MOTM imo because his passing was very accurate, didn't complete every pass but he did complete the majority of them. He also made a few interceptions in the game and for being "lightweight" he was strong in the tackle and trying to regain possession. He linked the midfield and attack really well, got in to advanced positions* and managed to test the keeper once or twice. Was only one game but he looked very promising, very very promising.

*With Sandro and Romulo more defensive minded players he was able to get in to the attacking positions, only question is if hes playing in the double pivot will he have that freedom? Just wondering what will happen but we will see.

Have you watched Oscar in Brazil's friendlies? Everyone agrees he looks like a classy player.

oh I love the potential Oscar deal, I'm just saying: claiming Lucas isn't ready while Oscar is seems kinda bias considering the circumstances.

Yeah, I think Ferguson is become a bit senile. He is a massive hypcorite as well. Saying Hazard wasn't worth the money yet is about to pay £30 million on Lucas who is even less worth it. I agree, he should go to Inter. It would be best for him. The positive is if ManUre are too stupid to address their CM problem it'll only benefit us. :Goober:

Their CM problem? I don't see one now they have Kagawa along with Carrick, Scholes, Cleverly, Anderson and Fletcher if he gets fit again, Giggs can play CM also. The way Fergie sets up his team the players don't have to necessarily be individually outstanding but rather function in their role effectively and collectively resulting in wins. You can have all the good players in your team but if they don't work well together then you are going to win nada. Those players mentioned are pretty decent anyways and I'm sure Fergie will form a solid center midfield this season so buying Lucas will only strengthen Man U's options in attack which I for one don't like!

I saw united in their second pre season game and Kagawa was impressive, the best player on both sides. With Lucas added and Blaine's probably too I expect them to challenge on all fronts.

united are going to be what they're going to be. their central midfield is functional and is good at doing a job for the team. it's nothing spectacular but it gets them going. they have wingers who have a lot of pace and almost all of them are encouraged to go wide and cross the ball which allows the strikers to get onto crosess and cutbacks. they have their own style of play. i prefer our continental style of play but they play the 4 4 2 way and it works for them..sir alex is piecing the puzzle together with moura who will play wide right.

Their CM problem? I don't see one now they have Kagawa along with Carrick, Scholes, Cleverly, Anderson and Fletcher if he gets fit again, Giggs can play CM also. The way Fergie sets up his team the players don't have to necessarily be individually outstanding but rather function in their role effectively and collectively resulting in wins. You can have all the good players in your team but if they don't work well together then you are going to win nada. Those players mentioned are pretty decent anyways and I'm sure Fergie will form a solid center midfield this season so buying Lucas will only strengthen Man U's options in attack which I for one don't like!

well exactly, nothing spectacular- functional but effective. our midfield is superior but i'm pretty sure they will suss it out in big games with their counter attacking style of play.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You