Chelsea to face SSC Napoli in UCL

Milan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Napoli beatable ? off-course ...... but their game play is perfectly designed to beat teams like Chelsea who has problems with direct pacy forwards like Lavezzi - Hamsik - Cavani and we will definitely find it hard to break their defensive unit .

As much as i am worried about their forward line but i am more concerned about how we will cope with such a strong defensive unit , we have improved a lot in terms of creativity this season but i still think we lack the spark that will help us break such teams down .

However if we can't overcome Napoli then how will we cope with the likes of Barca - Real - Bayern ?

A very tough draw that we should pass , but the high defensive line if applied might destroy us completely .

If we play high line.. Maggio & Dossena will have a field day.

It's a good draw, shows us the real strength & character of this team. Perfect team for us to prove our worth in this competition, this season. Give them a good go at it, and it speaks a lot for how strong we're becoming under André - Even if we get knocked out.

Will be a great game. We'll need the spirit & passion of the Bridge that showed v. Manchester City. Good job we're playing away, we all know the importance of an away goal.

I think getting an away goal will be crucial. In the return leg at the bridge, it will probably be a good idea to use the same tactic we adopted against Valencia. If we give them possession we'll be eliminating the factor of pace (their best asset imo) from their attack, and hit them on the counter.

Their ground sounds like a horrible place to go

''Manchester City are fearful of a repeat of the violence which has marred Napoli’s games in Europe in recent years. It has forced them to take the unprecedented step of advising fans not to be seen around the Italian city in scarves and club shirts.

About 800 fans have purchased tickets for the game in Italy, but Naples has become one of the most notoriously volatile venues in Europe for visiting supporters.

Four Bayern Munich fans were slashed outside the Stadio San Paolo last month, amid several vicious assaults on German supporters by knife-wielding thugs on mopeds.

Last season, three Liverpool fans required treatment for knife wounds before a Europa Cup tie. City have liaised with the Anfield club and been fully briefed of the dangers.

A club statement released on Thursday informed supporters there had been discussions with Greater Manchester Police, the British consulate in Naples and the Italian police in an effort to maximise security around the game.

City fans have been informed of several ‘no go areas’ which are especially dangerous, including the city centre and the area around Naples railway station. There is also strong advice to use only designated shuttle buses to and from the ground.

Most telling is the call for fans to remain in groups and avoid wearing replica shirts outside the stadium, or anything that will identify them as visiting supporters.

“We would advise against wearing club colours away from the game, particularly when taking public transport,” read the statement.

Each of the travelling supporters has been sent a letter by City’s operations manager Steve Sayer reiterating this advice.

It is the first time City have ever felt compelled to offer such a warning to their travelling supporters, but the Napoli fans have proven to be unwelcoming hosts in the recent past.

The anxieties may be increased due to the potentially inflammatory nature of the fixture, as a City victory would effectively end the Italians’ hopes of qualification.''

Can't believe people are so pessimistic about facing Napoli.

They are IN Form now. Our game against them is in two months. Alot can happen in two months.

Id still be confident of beating them if we were to play them next week.

If they have Cavanni, Lavezzi, Hamzik, we have Drogba, Studge, Mata. And our defense is much better than theirs.

And I am sure AVB is going to play deep in our half and take them on counter

Good evening at all, I'm Vittorio, I'm from Naples and I' am a huge fan of SSC Naples, your next opponent in Champions League... I respect you all and I would like to speak about football serenely :D;)

Would u accept an offer of a Kalou and Cavani straight swap? :D

How does 3-5-2 fare against 4-3-3?

-4 vs -2 according to my calculations...

Formations are just numbers ; )

However if we can't overcome Napoli then how will we cope with the likes of Barca - Real - Bayern ?

Not really the question. Getting as far in the competition as possible is very important in terms of status(=sponsorships) and CL revenue (tickets included)..