Chelsea to face SSC Napoli in UCL

Milan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-4 vs -2 according to my calculations...

Not exactly what I wanted to know. Since 3-5-2 is never used in EPL, then I don't know how effectively 4-3-3 plays against 3-5-2... if some tactically/statistically knowledgeable person does, then I would appreciate the input. It did seem to be quite effective against City's and Bayern's 4-3-3.

Not exactly what I wanted to know. Since 3-5-2 is never used in EPL, then I don't know how effectively 4-3-3 plays against 3-5-2... if some tactically/statistically knowledgeable person does, then I would appreciate the input.

Liverpool used it last season.

-4 vs -2 according to my calculations...

Formations are just numbers ; )

Not really the question. Getting as far in the competition as possible is very important in terms of status(=sponsorships) and CL revenue (tickets included)..

If we are considered one of the top European giants , then we should only fear facing the likes of Barca - Bayern - Real but not Napoli , as much impressive as they are now but we are still a much better team on paper .

This hopefully can be a game that gives us a much needed mental advantage that we still have what it takes to beat one of the most impressive sides in Europe while still not being the most difficult task , and might give us a huge boost later in the competition if we win .

Don't mind the draw. Getting knocked out of the group stages is embarrassing, after that it's all the same. Don't mind facing hard opposition early because we would face some regardless and if we're not up to it, then why postpone it? Either get knocked out and focus on other silverware or win it all. That said, we have a good chance of beating them, they are a good team but not on our level as long as everyone shows up.

Over 2 legs this is definitely winnable. We are all getting worried over 3 players in their team: Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi. These are, in my opinion, the only real threats in their team and are all attacking players. We have a better midfield and defence than them and with their 3 players at the back we should be able to hit them on the counter attack in the away leg quite well with the pace of Ramires and Sturridge and Mata.

Also, the first leg is in February and what is to say that Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi will still be at Napoli. Several top clubs have been linked with them

You know what I mean.

Yes Napoli is a more difficult game than Zenith for example but I think that is only true on paper. When it comes down to the field, all 8 teams have great talent in their squads and all will put up a hell of a fight, especially on at home.

If we are considered one of the top European giants , then we should only fear facing the likes of Barca - Bayern - Real but not Napoli , as much impressive as they are now but we are still a much better team on paper .

This hopefully can be a game that gives us a much needed mental advantage that we still have what it takes to beat one of the most impressive sides in Europe while still not being the most difficult task , and might give us a huge boost later in the competition if we win .

Hello we have just beaten City. Most of us are excited about this game. Those Napoli fans and TX(Napoli fan) should be scared. :D

Yes Napoli is a more difficult game than Zenith for example but I think that is only true on paper. When it comes down to the field, all 8 teams have great talent in their squads and all will put up a hell of a fight, especially on at home.

You are right. APOEL are dangerous as well, they are super motivated.

Fair point. %28Y%29.gif