Chelsea to face SSC Napoli in UCL

Milan

Lucky for us they have been playin shit lately. I just hope their bad form continues in the CL.

Problem is they are like Liverpool. They raise themselves for the big games but couldn't against the lesser sides. They have beaten Udinese, Milan & Inter while also drawing with Milan, Juventus and Lazio and all of those teams are in the current Top 5 of Serie A. Against the bottom 5 clubs, they have only beaten Lecce and Cesena while drawing against the likes of Bologna, Siena and Novara.

Just to add, our in recent run of form is pretty similar to them:

Chelsea's Last 11 Matches in all competitions:

P11 W4 D6 L1 F15 A11 CS4

Napoli's Last 11 Matches in all competitions:

P11 W4 D4 L3 F19 A13 CS3

Chelsea's Last 9 Premier League Games:

P9 W2 D6 L1 F11 A11 CS2

Napoli's Last 9 Serie A Games:

P9 W2 D5 L2 F15 A11 CS2

Furthermore, with the 3rd and final Champions League spot looking a distance away for Napoli in Serie A, they may actually look to concentrate on progressing in the Champions League.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is they are like Liverpool. They raise themselves for the big games but couldn't against the lesser sides. They have beaten Udinese, Milan & Inter while also drawing with Milan, Juventus and Lazio and all of those teams are in the current Top 5 of Serie A. Against the bottom 5 clubs, they have only beaten Lecce and Cesena while drawing against the likes of Bologna, Siena and Novara.

Just to add, our in recent run of form is pretty similar to them:

Chelsea's Last 11 Matches in all competitions:

P11 W4 D6 L1 F15 A11 CS4

Napoli's Last 11 Matches in all competitions:

P11 W4 D4 L3 F19 A13 CS3

Chelsea's Last 9 Premier League Games:

P9 W2 D6 L1 F11 A11 CS2

Napoli's Last 9 Serie A Games:

P9 W2 D5 L2 F15 A11 CS2

Furthermore, with the 3rd and final Champions League spot looking a distance away for Napoli in Serie A, they may actually look to concentrate on progressing in the Champions League.

They didn't beat Juve, no one has this season ( :D ), but yes I do agree that they tend to play better in big games. Nonetheless we definitely have what it takes to beat them and will go into the games as favourites, let's give our squad some credit.

Regarding the other stats, I'm sorry, but I don't think there is any point in comparing the EPL to Serie A. I honestly think that Napoli would probably be reegated if the played in the EPL, not because they don't have players that are good enough even maybe to win the EPL but because the competitiveness in every game here is at a totally different level than Italy.

The irony if we won it playing the worst football that we have done for some time, after all the unlucky, heartbreaking campaigns, maybe luck will be kind to us for once?

That's how football works.

For the record, I don't think we will, but if all the big boys play against each other, why can't we win it? I have a feeling Arsenal will beat Milan, and if Real, Bayern and Barcelona can all knock each other out, there's no reason why we can't progress.

They didn't beat Juve, no one has this season ( :D ), but yes I do agree that they tend to play better in big games. Nonetheless we definitely have what it takes to beat them and will go into the games as favourites, let's give our squad some credit.

Did I say they beat Juventus? I would probably be happier to go in as underdog judging by how things have went this season. We have always seem to performed better when our backs are against the wall and people don't expect much from us in the game.

Regarding the other stats, I'm sorry, but I don't think there is any point in comparing the EPL to Serie A. I honestly think that Napoli would probably be reegated if the played in the EPL, not because they don't have players that are good enough even maybe to win the EPL but because the competitiveness in every game here is at a totally different level than Italy.

In non-numerical terms, I was merely pointing out that our form is pretty similar at the moment and even you mentioned it in the post I quoted earlier. On the EPL vs Serie A subject, I find it harsh and even somewhat crazy to say Napoli might be relegated if they played in the EPL. No doubt the EPL is way more competitive than the Serie A but with the quality in their squad, I'm sure they would be sitting comfortably somewhere in midtable or higher if they were playing in the Premier League at this moment.

if Mourinho stayed as Chelsea manager,we would have won CL by now.I am absolutely sure of that.Pity.I won't expect him back though.Feud with Abramovich is still on the table + Roman looked surprisingly satisfied with AVB this week.All smiles....

We need to defend really deep in Italy and invite them to put us under pressure then break forward with Danny's pace. If we go toe to toe in Italy we could get smashed like we did at Monaco all those years ago despite being a man up. Counter attack needs to be the formula...................... if AVB goes with a high line in this game we will get tonked and he will deserve to be sacked in all honesty. I would stick Sturridge and Lukaku right up the pitch with a tight 4 in midfield clogging the holes were Lavezzi will try to penetrate.

We need to defend really deep in Italy and invite them to put us under pressure then break forward with Danny's pace. If we go toe to toe in Italy we could get smashed like we did at Monaco all those years ago despite being a man up. Counter attack needs to be the formula...................... if AVB goes with a high line in this game we will get tonked and he will deserve to be sacked in all honesty. I would stick Sturridge and Lukaku right up the pitch with a tight 4 in midfield clogging the holes were Lavezzi will try to penetrate.

I'm pretty much with you but the 4-4-2 formation and lukaku. stick to the formation and play the counter..

That's how football works.

For the record, I don't think we will, but if all the big boys play against each other, why can't we win it? I have a feeling Arsenal will beat Milan, and if Real, Bayern and Barcelona can all knock each other out, there's no reason why we can't progress.

Yes but Champions League is unfair to english teams, coincidence how english teams get the best teams you can if you come first in the group, and noticed how if we would of came 2nd we would of been playing Barcelona, if we do somehow advance to the next round, be ready to get one of the best teams, i think we will get Real Madrid, just because they probably want to see Teacher Vs Student bollocks.

Does anyone regularly watch Napoli? If so, what are their weaknesses? I think (given how poorly we have been finishing of late) we need to get goals from set pieces or counters as we just don't have the form to create and convert enough chances at the moment.

Their whole game is based on Counter attacking. We must have at least 4 players always near the halfway line when we have the ball, incase we lose it and they counter attack. Their only creative outlet is Hamsik. Them keeping the ball and trying to find gaps in defence won't cause too much trouble if Hamsik doesn't have the ball. Lavezzi is a speed dribbler and we need Bosingwa at RB because Iva can't keep up with Lavezzi. Cavani we all know about. They have Gokhan Inler and Walter Gargano in midfield working tirelessly and doing all the dirty work. We need to target the wide areas because of their 3 man defence, and also De Sanctis, who can be a bit dodgy at times.

Their whole game is based on Counter attacking. We must have at least 4 players always near the halfway line when we have the ball, incase we lose it and they counter attack. Their only creative outlet is Hamsik. Them keeping the ball and trying to find gaps in defence won't cause too much trouble if Hamsik doesn't have the ball. Lavezzi is a speed dribbler and we need Bosingwa at RB because Iva can't keep up with Lavezzi. Cavani we all know about. They have Gokhan Inler and Walter Gargano in midfield working tirelessly and doing all the dirty work. We need to target the wide areas because of their 3 man defence, and also De Sanctis, who can be a bit dodgy at times.

Good intel mate but just wanted to say that your avatar made me laugh big time there :lol: