What needs to be done in January

Wilson

First things first - the manager needs to come out and admit publicly that we've got a massive problem with this squad. It's unbalanced, it's too short on quality and has too much mileage. None of this 'we've got faith in them, we're still competing in 3 trophies, the team is good enough' bollocks.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is too big to me sorted in January . The transition is going to be more painful than most of us imagined. We had 3 years when we didnt strengthen

our squad . That combined with changes of manager and changes of policy are largely responsible for our current situation.

IMO we have no option but to stick it out and rebuild our squad. In recent games I have seen a lack of hunger ,determination and fight.

I blame the players NOT the coach

The first thing we need to sort out is that every one on the pitch, lately, seems to be there because he has to, not because he wants to. In the carling match, except for Rayn and Oriol, no one was showing any remote interest in winning the match (To be fair Lukaku was trying, it's just he's not ready to play first team football yet). That is what worries me most with our current situation.

First things first - the manager needs to come out and admit publicly that we've got a massive problem with this squad. It's unbalanced, it's too short on quality and has too much mileage. None of this 'we've got faith in them, we're still competing in 3 trophies, the team is good enough' bollocks.

But how can a manager say that? Managers don't do that. They either just say "we need reinforcements" or they say what AVB has been saying so far but it doesn't mean that they mean it.

But how can a manager say that? Managers don't do that. They either just say "we need reinforcements" or they say what AVB has been saying so far but it doesn't mean that they mean it.

Sometimes people need to be put in their place. It's better than making deluded statements like this squad has the ability to win the league. A public rebuking will show the players who's boss.

the problem is too big to me sorted in January . The transition is going to be more painful than most of us imagined. We had 3 years when we didnt strengthen

our squad . That combined with changes of manager and changes of policy are largely responsible for our current situation.

IMO we have no option but to stick it out and rebuild our squad. In recent games I have seen a lack of hunger ,determination and fight.

I blame the players NOT the coach

Good post , we have left it to late and now we are seeing the effects of piss poor club management , this needed to be addressed seasons ago but never was.

We cannot make dramtic changes in Jan , especially with desperate inflated prices. i think if we can get a right winger in jan that will do , then danny can lead the line.

I really get why so many fans are upset with Lukaku. But get some perspective, please. I know I'm biased. I'm Belgian, Anderlecht fan and Lukaku fan. But that doesn't mean I can't be objective about him.

Lukaku IS better than what you've seen from him so far. I think his performance against Norwich was closest to how I rate him currently. His other performances weren't good, but in every game Lukaku played he was not worse than any other striker on the field.

Agreed,his first touch is not good. It will improve, but it will remain his weakest point. The thing is, how he's played at the moment just highlights this lack of skill. Lukaku shouldn't be played with his back to the goal. He needs to be played in space, with through passes. Because his combination of pace and strength while running is something you almost never see. How raw in his skills he might be, if he's played right (4-3-3, with him in the point with two REAL wingers next to him) he will score goals.

Lukaku is deadly on the counter-attack. Just watch some goals of him on YouTube. Or his goal against Russia with Belgium: http://www.youtube.c...bpsjLoEA#t=339s

And by the way: you haven't paid 18 million pound for him yet. Chelsea paid 13 million, but it could get to 18 depending on how much goals/appearances he makes. It's a performance-based clause.

Absalute brilliant post!, please post more. Lukaku is also sort of like a poacher, he will be in the exact situation Torres is in, Torres at liverpool got throughball, throughball, throughball. At Chelsea he doesn't get any of it, he's had 2 throughballs this season, 2 against united, 1 goal, the other he could of put away easily if he was on form. Lukaku is in the Torres situationl, they get a pass with there back to goal, they have no assistance.

Look at Robin Van Persie, scores every fucking game, you put him in the Chelsea squad i garauntee you he wont score, he would be lucky to get 10 a season with our team. And that Javier Hernandez wouldn't even get 4, he is good at making runs and finishing, but that's all he does, Hernandez never drops back!, even now when United arent on form, Hernandez will still get assistance, but Hernandez is a poacher and that's all he will ever be, just like Darren Bent, there not special players, you wont see them taking on people or scoring wonder goals, but they will score many goals.

Lampard isn't a player who puts in throughballs, and dictates the game with his passing, obviously he will do it now and again, he made a good pass in the valencia match, almost made a very good long ball to drogba in the liverpool match, but that is it... in about 16 games this season that's all i can remember him doing, and there will probably be more than i've mentioned but no way is it enough. Ramires is like that but he isn't in a wasted position, because he does have an important role and can benefit the team now and again. And we definitely need a winger, for Lukaku/Torres, Sturridge is to one footed, he may of raped Wolves, but he did that against Bolton and then look what happend when he played against better sides. Even against Wolves you could see he wasn't using his right foot when it needed to be used, otherwise he could of assisted Ramires perfectly. And we would of been 1-0 against Arsenal in 1 minute.

Sometimes people need to be put in their place. It's better than making deluded statements like this squad has the ability to win the league. A public rebuking will show the players who's boss.

I'm pretty much sure they can do that in his office. Do we need more media attention?

I'm pretty much sure they can do that in his office. Do we need more media attention?

Wouldn't they have done that already? I'm sure he doesn't believe it for a moment when he says the squad is good enough. Why not try something different? He afterall does get paid for making the tough choices. A bit of innovation never hurt anybody.

Wouldn't they have done that already? I'm sure he doesn't believe it for a moment when he says the squad is good enough. Why not try something different? He afterall does get paid for making the tough choices. A bit of innovation never hurt anybody.

And those changes would be?

January is not the month were you can make so many changes, besides if you do get players

they are offen banned to play CL. We have to stuck with most of the players through the season,

before next summer if, and thats a big if Boas still is our coach he can make his influence and

he then doesnt have to get to learn every player like last summer.

He's being criticised because he isn't Neymar, basically.

What?, his a young lad with the future in front of him, and then "people" has to learn he is another kind of player.

And Neymar lets all face it its never gonna happen, no offence BL.

what if he(AVB) goes out publicly criticizing our players and one of them does a "Tevez" on the field ... already we are losing games and players dont seem to be motivated enough, the last thing we want now is our players refusing to play :P