What needs to be done in January

Wilson

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most we would ever do in January would be to sign 3 players, and even that would be a surprise. But if that's the case, then get a playmaker, centre back and a right winger, those three are the most important ones.

Am I the only one who thinks we should sell mikel?

I agree, he will never be able to get into our team, we may aswell sell him to another league, i think we can definitely get a good price for him. I think we will definitely be making profit either way. He's just too slow, doesn't track back and struggles breaking up play in the premier league, Romeu was putting in very good tackles against Newcastle, he was onto Guthrie and Cabaye constantly and winning it back, if you watch a lot of the chances where Lampard was putting the through ball to Sturridge, was because of Romeu's tackles, he was stopping the Newcastle play and then making them pay the price for all going forward. If Mikel was in that match he wouldn't of done any of that, and i personally think it would of been a different game with Mikel in it, and probably a much worse result for us.

lets hope lukaku goes to an english side so he can gain some epl experience and get used to the style of play and physicality

very true. but irrespective of that he should get playing time. what is happening to kakuta should not happen to him.

Am I the only one who thinks we should sell mikel?

that is a dodgy one. it is a given now that he wont make the first team in front of oriol or raul but in front of small teams he is more than useful and also in times of injuries. plus selling him would make us buy a cdm player and the big question would be who?

that is a dodgy one. it is a given now that he wont make the first team in front of oriol or raul but in front of small teams he is more than useful and also in times of injuries. plus selling him would make us buy a cdm player and the big question would be who?

Essien will be back soon dont forget, and when he is back as long as this latest injury hasnt effected him permantly then id be all for selling mikel, he doesnt fit in with the new style of play we are trying to implement, he is to laborious and romeu for my money will keep him out of the team from now on as he is perfect for this new way of playing, very barca like in his style of play (obviously) yet has a tough streak.

The most we would ever do in January would be to sign 3 players, and even that would be a surprise. But if that's the case, then get a playmaker, centre back and a right winger, those three are the most important ones.

Nail Hammer Head, id argue though that if we let kalou go as well (quite possible) that we would need a striker, even more so if lukaku goes on loan.

Cahill seems like it might well go through as alex for my money will be going to juventus within the first week of january the money we get for him would pay for cahill you'd imagine (8m-ish), they have been after him for a while now and there have been reports we have a deal in principle for cahill which may not be to much of a stretch to believe considering the AVB - coyle link.

Anelka will be off in january too but I dont necessarily feel like we need to replace him if we dont lose any other strikers, if however we sell for example kalou and let lukaku go out on loan then we would need to invest in another striker somebody with abit of quality though as torres is still struggling even if he is playing better than last season and drogba is definitely off at the end of the year.

Right wing spot is some where we need to improve on but not with somebody world class as we have danny who is developing rapidly into a very very dangerous player with his first team exposure, we need a decent youngish (18-22) squad player for this position with a similar skill set as danny/nani/ronaldo/etc, bit of pace, bit of flair and able to stretch the defence, we have been linked with eduardo vargas who from the little of seen on youtube would tick all of the above whilst not stunting sturridges development but also providing competition for his place, cheap wages, relatively low transfer fee and would be available in january.

Playmaker? now that is a much harder position to fill with quality in january, id imagine that all the players we would like/want would not be leaving in january unless they put in a transfer request, so id put that on the backburner for now and make it the number one priority in the summer.

Nail Hammer Head, id argue though that if we let kalou go as well (quite possible) that we would need a striker, even more so if lukaku goes on loan.

Cahill seems like it might well go through as alex for my money will be going to juventus within the first week of january the money we get for him would pay for cahill you'd imagine (8m-ish), they have been after him for a while now and there have been reports we have a deal in principle for cahill which may not be to much of a stretch to believe considering the AVB - coyle link.

Anelka will be off in january too but I dont necessarily feel like we need to replace him if we dont lose any other strikers, if however we sell for example kalou and let lukaku go out on loan then we would need to invest in another striker somebody with abit of quality though as torres is still struggling even if he is playing better than last season and drogba is definitely off at the end of the year.

Right wing spot is some where we need to improve on but not with somebody world class as we have danny who is developing rapidly into a very very dangerous player with his first team exposure, we need a decent youngish (18-22) squad player for this position with a similar skill set as danny/nani/ronaldo/etc, bit of pace, bit of flair and able to stretch the defence, we have been linked with eduardo vargas who from the little of seen on youtube would tick all of the above whilst not stunting sturridges development but also providing competition for his place, cheap wages, relatively low transfer fee and would be available in january.

Playmaker? now that is a much harder position to fill with quality in january, id imagine that all the players we would like/want would not be leaving in january unless they put in a transfer request, so id put that on the backburner for now and make it the number one priority in the summer.

If we don't get a playmaker in midfield, we are fucked. Our midfield is shocking in my opinion. And it makes no difference we can get a good player in the summer, and let that be it.

Lampard, romeu, ramires, meireles, essien will be back. And for "small teams" we got josh aswell.

If we don't get a playmaker in midfield, we are fucked. Our midfield is shocking in my opinion. And it makes no difference we can get a good player in the summer, and let that be it.

We look better with meireles in the team as an attacking force imho, and whilst I agree a playmaker is a must id sooner the club get the right one instead of the best we could get in january, in the summer we are more likely to get our preferred targets ala modric if spurs fail to get into the champions league for example.

We look better with meireles in the team as an attacking force imho, and whilst I agree a playmaker is a must id sooner the club get the right one instead of the best we could get in january, in the summer we are more likely to get our preferred targets ala modric if spurs fail to get into the champions league for example.

Meireles can only do so much. He is a good player in an attacking sense, but if someone does become available in January, we should consider it.

If we can't get a creative midfielder outright maybe for 6 months we should consider a Kaka loan as a stopgap? or someone from Madrid as their hardly short in that area.

Na. His wage demands alone would kill us.. Too big of a name for us to take a risk with. Perhaps another Real youngster, like Sahin.