What needs to be done in January

Wilson

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about signing Lukaku for 18m ?

Lukaku looks better than Torres did last season in the handful of games he's played in (and I don't mean the games where he was on the wing for some odd reason, so all in all he's had only 3 games or so thus far), he's 18.. his peak is yet to come, Torres is past his peak

André made it clear we only bought him now, because others were seeking him out. He is one for the future, he is not ready for now.

That just doesnt make any sense. He is too raw for 18m. You cant buy a player that is not ready yet for that price. The reason is simple: he is so "unfinished" that you just dont know whats is gonna happen to him, this is the kind of player you have in the academy, not the kind os player you buy for that price.

Im pretty sure you, people that wanted him before and AVB trhough he was alteady better than he is right now.

I can't believe people are dissing Lukaku already, give him a break he's only played about 4 games and being subbed. Plus he's only 18.

The unreasonable demands from Chelsea fans these days. He should be starting every game & scoring hat tricks week in week out.

That just doesnt make any sense. He is too raw for 18m. You cant buy a player that is not ready yet for that price. The reason is simple: he is so "unfinished" that you just dont know whats is gonna happen to him, this is the kind of player you have in the academy, not the kind os player you buy for that price.

Im pretty sure you, people that wanted him before and AVB trhough he was alteady better than he is right now.

You're right. I thought he would be better than he is right now. But he is only 18.

Lukaku is fucking 18 years of age, he is one of the youngest players in the entire league. Torres is 27 and he is in his prime years, he needs to start producing now because time is not on his side.

Hang on a minute. We keep complaining that the likes of Josh and Bertrand are not developing by being stuck on the bench. So we pay £18 million pounds for a youngster to stay in the reserves and not develope. Doesn't make much sense.

Also if we are going to complain about Torres not living up to his price tag and blaming him for every defeat. Then I see no problems complaining the fact that we paid £18 million pounds for a fucking reserve player who currently has the first touch of an elephant hooked on drugs. £18 million pounds to do nothing. Does not matter if he is 18, you don't pay £18 million pounds for potential.

The unreasonable demands from Chelsea fans these days. He should be starting every game & scoring hat tricks week in week out.

Im know you are smarter than this.

Hang on a minute. We keep complaining that the likes of Josh and Bertrand are not developing by being stuck on the bench. So we pay £18 million pounds for a youngster to stay in the reserves and not develope. Doesn't make much sense.

Also if we are going to complain about Torres not living up to his price tag and blaming him for every defeat. Then I see no problems complaining the fact that we paid £18 million pounds for a fucking reserve player who currently has the first touch of an elephant hooked on drugs. £18 million pounds to do nothing. Does not matter if he is 18, you don't pay £18 million pounds for potential.

Perfect, perfect !!!

We're a backwards club, we buy heavy for the academy :lol:

In all seriousness, he is most definitely still raw. We paid a extortionate price for him, but at least this way André gets to mould him, his way. At 18 he's still learning and it's a perfect opportunity to embed the true philosophies Villas-Boas holds, without a questioned judgement.

That's what makes Lukaku a worthy investment. We paid a lot, but what's done is done. Treat his development irrelevant of this tag, as André does.

Im know you are smarter than this.

Obviously it was sarcasm. :)

This is a great point tbh. He couldn't do a worse job than Torres right now. It would be a risk playing him first team, but like most Chelsea fans I want to see why we paid so much for him.. I'm sure he will get his chance soon. I'd like to see 4-4-2, with Lukaku being an occasional striker alongside Sturridge.

We're a backwards club, we buy heavy for the academy :lol:

In all seriousness, he is most definitely still raw. We paid a extortionate price for him, but at least this way André gets to mould him, his way. At 18 he's still learning and it's a perfect opportunity to embed the true philosophies Villas-Boas holds, without a questioned judgement.

That's what makes Lukaku a worthy investment. We paid a lot, but what's done is done. Treat his development irrelevant of this tag, as André does.

Then how comes we only paid £4.5 million for Romeu. Considering he also has "potential" and has league experiance with the B side. But most astonishing is he seems to have gotten a place in the first team. You see where the logic sort of fails?

Obviously it was sarcasm. :)

This is a great point tbh. He couldn't do a worse job than Torres right now. It would be a risk playing him first team, but like most Chelsea fans I want to see why we paid so much for him.. I'm sure he will get his chance soon.

Like Torres I want him to do well, mainly becuase we paid a lot of money like Torres lol. But seriously, if we decided to buy him for £18 million pounds then I see no reason why we can't just sell Anelka and Drogba in January and promote Lukaku to a regular starting place. Like Torres he has got to prove his worth even if his only 18.

Then how comes we only paid £4.5 million for Romeu. Considering he also has "potential" and has league experiance with the B side. But most astonishing is he seems to have gotten a place in the first team. You see where the logic sort of fails?

Of course there's a failure of logic, but look at our board! The word 'logic' is completely backwards for them.

It's not their fault what our club stupidly pays. Especially when they're unproven talent. We can't judge them based on that, compare every performance to that. Before you mention Torres, we compare him to his old performances that did warrant the £50million. Not the price itself.

Because Barcelona can buy him back if he succeeds here? They wouldn't even think about selling unless they had an option to bring him back if he does well.

Possible that Anderlecht wouldn't let Lukaku leave for any less, other teams were after him & we may of finally learnt from past mistakes of not buying players before another team snatches them then we end up buying them for over the odds when they are past it. We will struggle to keep Romeu if he continues to show his worth because of the buy back clause Barca have.