Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Fuck this ... time to think of some positives from that game ...

The beginning of the second half saw Sturridge in his true prime! As soon as Mikel came off, there was a sense of urgency from our attack, and we got a goal out of it... and this proves, that Sturridge needs to play more! My main question, is why didn't Sturridge play at the beginning??

We could have scored 1 or 2 goals from the crosses that Cole and Ivanovic were putting into the box. Either Drogba or Malouda could have easily scored from them and rack up a cricket score!

Our main worm in our side, is the defence, I don't know what it is, but for some reason, we are giving opposing sides far too much space in attack, exactly like what happened against Arsenal... and it leads to crucial plays, leading to goals! Our defence is far too hot-headed as well, and it leads to yellow cards.. Luiz was the biggest weakness of all because he was getting too suckered into a challenge and therefore risking getting either wound up, or reprimanded by Probert... the same would apply to Ivanovic at times too!

But this isn't one of those petty little problems... this is happening every other game... I keep hoping and praying that AVB sorts something out in the next game, showing some kind of improvement, but it's just the same... if this carries on, I'm going to have to start dreaming about who could possibly be our next manager... Roman is capable of another sacking, much as that might seem a worrying factor!

But whatever the score... win or lose, up the blues!!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous individual errors cost us that game. Granted our first half performance wasn't vintage stuff but by the same token we didn't deserve to be going into half time a goal down, a dreadful mistake from the slow, clumsy, lumbering Mikel cost us the goal. Second half we were terrific, switching to a 4-2-3-1 we were on the front foot from the word go and deservedly got an equaliser through AVB sub, Daniel Sturridge. Again an individual error killed us late on and just like it was against Arsenal, Florent Malouda is at fault. Take a look at Johnson's goal again and take a look at Malouda's position for it, there is no justification for where he is stood but whats worse is his complete lack of effort to get back and cover Cole once Johnson gets possession and his weak excuse for a tackle summed up the entire scenario.

Disagree on both instances.

Cech was as much at fault for the first goal as Mikel. What was he hoping to accomplish by passing to Mikel? It was totally needless and invited pressure on the man in possession. Then there's the lack of communication - Ashley Cole (nearest to Mikel at that moment) should be immediately making Mikel aware of the oncoming Adam, but does no such thing. Mikel on his part makes it amply clear he wasn't expecting the ball to arrive to him, hence the laboured fumbles on it. Just poor unorganised, non communicative defensive play.

The second was even more astonishing. How can a top European side not defend a simple cross filed ball? Ashley Cole's casualness is highly alarming. Malouda can't make a challenge because the moment he does, it's a penalty. And Terry chooses to go to ground for the umpteenth time instead of standing his position and putting pressure on Johnson.

Like Guus saved our Season with Scolari,he can come back and save us again!!!

Thing in just because he done it before doesnt mean it can be done again.Guess its hard when the only thing to judge him against is the whole Turkey deal different situation and all but if we ever did get rid of AVB and get Guus back and we didnt start getting results then be the usual moans and looking at who else we can bring in..gana be a long season thats for sure but..see what it brings. We're doing an Arsenal at the mo and hopfully can get out of this play like shite stage!

Disagree on both instances.

Cech was as much at fault for the first goal as Mikel. What was he hoping to accomplish by passing to Mikel? It was totally needless and invited pressure on the man in possession. Then there's the lack of communication - Ashley Cole (nearest to Mikel at that moment) should be immediately making Mikel aware of the oncoming Adam, but does no such thing. Mikel on his part makes it amply clear he wasn't expecting the ball to arrive to him, hence the laboured fumbles on it. Just poor unorganised, non communicative defensive play.

I believe the pass was fine. Cech made the pass before that many times & it was fine. This time Adam chased a long way, so you're right that Cole should've made the shout too.

Why do Fucking Liverpool always beat us! I pray for the europa league at the moment ! And as for torres all he wanted was to hug his old mates!

Carling Cup payback hopfully :D dont care if its a 'Micky mouse' cup..if its something we have a chance at we need to take a shot at it and stop depressing times!

I think some posters on here are forgetting the reason we brought in AVB in the first place. Lets not forget how utterly toothless we looked under Ancelotti, lets not forget how bloody soul crushing his status quo style of management was towards the end, at the end of his reign we looked entirely directionless.

How isn't this transition? David Luiz has only been at the club a few months, he is a young player, new to the English league being established in our team. Ramires the same. Juan Mata the same and Daniel Sturridge is just becoming a regular in our team too and Torres has only been at the club a few months aswell. That's 5 our of 11 starting positions that have been changed. It's not only the personnel that are being changed but its the style of play, AVB clearly has a vision as to how he wants this team to play and he is trying to firmly stamp his mark on the team with that style of play. Personally Im glad we have a manager who wants to do something to prepare us for the future, who has a clear vision of what he wants and isn't simply picking the regular bunch and re-hashing Mourinho's old tactics. The period of change between old and new is very much a transition, it is the football definition of transition.

btw I bloody hate Jamie Redknapp, his vendetta against Luiz is laughable and his suggestion that Torres should have started over Drogba today is simply wrong, Drogba was excellent leading the line today, occupying two centre backs, hopefully he can build on the performance today.

Malouda HAS to go! Even his assist was actually a miss hit, he simply isn't suitable to what our club is trying to achieve ! Dont even get me started on mikel, start Romeu ffs!

Agree with absolutely everything there! Malouda shouldn't have even started on the left, he is a total liability.. only on rare occaisions does he show any real class, and it annoys me! Mata plays so much better in his position, and Sturridge should be playing on the right as well (although I am aware that he's not a winger) but still, whether Sturridge is a winger or not, he still threatens players in that position, otherwise he wouldn't have scored!

And as for Mikel, he's a fucking sloth compared to Romeu, he's too slow at making decisions, and thus led to the reason why he got raped by Adam in the first half which led to Liverpool's first goal... Romeu is 10 times quicker than Mikel physically and mentally, which is why we need to be playing him more...

Have to agree with you. It was an odd lineup to say the least. Many of us think a midfield of Ramires, Lampard, Mikel is slow and uncreative yet AVB doesn't appreciate our expertise. Maybe the strain is starting to take its toll on JT and that affects the entire back line. The forwards minus one goal aren't connecting with the midfield/midfield not connecting with them.

I'm assuming AVB sees something different at practice but its definitely not translating out to the pitch.

Yeah... I see communication and linkage failures repeatedly. Our backline has been rotated so much that they really have no idea how to play together, it's pretty evident. But it's not only the backline, we can see similar "who's open? - where to pass? - where to go?; who do I mark? - who marks him? - do we play offside? - do I run with him?" type of shit elsewhere too.

Some of you guys make me embarrassed to be a Chelsea supporter.

We complain at the club for not being stable and being too risk adverse, and when we go for a massive change and it doesn't pay immediate dividends, by November you want the manager sacked?

On the whole these ARE NOT AVB players, he works with a completely different philosophy to what we've ever had and it relies on the players to pick it up. The defence is a massive problem, mainly Terry and Cole - but what manager in the world would drop them two in such a bad time?

AVB has us playing good football, it's just our players and pathetic, pathetic individual mistakes which have cost us as well as some shit refereeing throughout the League so far. If it weren't for that I'm sure we'd have around 7 or so more points now and you guys would all be celebrating the mastery of AVB.

Give the guy a fucking break and stop being so hypocritical!

for all those saying "TRANSITION" multiple times....wheres the transition....whos the transition?? Meireles doesnt play neither does torres.... Our youngsters probably have vultures flying over them while they rot on the bench....

The teams AVB chooses are most of the time so idiotic that he still doesnt know what his best team is....or best formation.... What is his aim? Our players generally dont seem to have any cohesion and play like we did in school....everyone trying different runs passes and bullshit.....

If this transition has started... can someone please tell me where??

I remember recently Kalou played a full match! full match.... now malouda played a full game...

Sturridge was left out for Malouda?? Thats transition?

Does AVB know what he is doing? For a moment forget u are a blue and think objectively.

Has Roberto de Matteo improved us?....his team west brom were horrible defensively and that mentality has been passed on to 'the best defense in england" of the past.

Someone was saying.... Well next to wolves....

Dont look forward to it. Seriously dont. I hope the players want to play for this manager and he has enough control. i really hope.

Go on... call me a "fickle" Fan or whatever.