Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

The issue here is not with the style. AVB's attacking approach is excellent, but the old guards are not capable of executing it. the solution is to get rid of most of these Mourinho era players and build his own team. Chelsea should concentrate on building a team for subsequent seasons. We have more promising youngsters than any other team in the league but we are not using them.

But for today, don't you think AVB is responsible for starting players like Lampard, Malouda and Drogba in that attacking approach? The reality is that some of those of players have to start because we have to rotate. But while play them all together against Liverpool? How about spacing it out? Or in a lesser match? Fuck me if we start that lineup against City. Why was Torres, Meireles and Sturridge on all the bench? If he brought them on as subs, perhaps he should have started 1-3 of them.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Chelsea have had more managers than changed players since 2004 in today's starting lineup. Mind boggling.

AVB, Carlo, Hiddink, Grant and Scolari > Luiz, Mata, Ramires and Brana.

I can't figure out if its player power or what the hell it is tbh. When I saw the 7 number I thought that had to be wrong. That doesn't even make sense in anyway you look at it.

Name one top four team in the PL starting 7 players from 2004.

And for all those wanting Higiuan in January, yeah, that's the answer. He'll solve the problems of creativity, non-existent wing play, terrible defending and slow players. Should have spent the money on Modric and Perreria this summer.

So Chelsea have had more managers than changed players since 2004 in today's starting lineup. Mind boggling.

AVB, Carlo, Hiddink, Grant and Scolari > Luiz, Mata, Ramires and Brana.

Now you know the real reason. Since Jose left we never had a clear vision what to do with our first team.

But for today, don't you think AVB is responsible for starting players like Lampard, Malouda and Drogba in that attacking approach? The reality is that some of those of players have to start because we have to rotate. But while play them all together against Liverpool? How about spacing it out? Or in a lesser match? Fuck me if we start that lineup against City. Why was Torres, Meireles and Sturridge on all the bench? If he brought them on as subs, perhaps he should have started 1-3 of them.

i agree with you. i shook my head when i saw the line-up because i knew it would be hard to win with dead woods like Drogba and Malouda, with monotonous Mikel at the center. Why are we still holding on to Drogba. The guy has been playing well since last season and even when he was on top form, his attitude on the field is not the best. He keeps on complaining and whining instead of focusing on the game.

He wanted to be manager, he needs to step up and make better lemonade with the lemons he's been given.

and he will fail until he gets the new lemons who are capable of playing beautiful and winning football.

Malouda HAS to go! Even his assist was actually a miss hit, he simply isn't suitable to what our club is trying to achieve ! Dont even get me started on mikel, start Romeu ffs!

Yes, a bit like Mata against Everton for Ramires ? It's really double standard as often with Malouda, he could have scored one goal. He takes his wing considering that the thing we lacked in the reverse fixture was width. Of course there are always moaners...

I believe the pass was fine. Cech made the pass before that many times & it was fine. This time Adam chased a long way, so you're right that Cole should've made the shout too.

I do agree, last season Mikel faced this situation 3 or 4 times per game and he was always able to contain the pressing and give a pretty decent pass whereas the one he receive was horrible.

The thing that worries me is why is it so difficult to understand the game of Charlie Adam, medias, people and players are unable to have in mind that this guy goes forward everytime he can like he did with the whole Blackpool team. This kind of situation is typical of what he did last season, a run forward with complete speed without worrying about what happens behind him. It really was a reflex that many players would not have straight and it's the main reason why I personally don't specially blame Mikel for it

I would say that if his play was correcly identified, Villas Boas would have put Ramires on him with a high pressing like he did against Anderson or Swansea's midfield to shut them off. The main weakness of Adam is that he is easily caught in possession because he is not very speedy in his gestural. Cech would have known that Adam would be a threat in that situation, and Ramires would have maybe pressed Adam before his diagonal to Johnson.

and he will fail until he gets the new lemons who are capable of playing beautiful and winning football.

Well his lemons aren't going to change for the next 6-10 weeks, so he needs to adjust the flavoring in order to stay within sight of the CL (god, that's so depressing to write). That's his job. Stop whinging about officials and your damn football principles.

I see shades of Liverpool of 2009-10 here. Chelsea simply can not drop out of the top 4.

The thing that worries me is why is it so difficult to understand the game of Charlie Adam, medias, people and players are unable to have in mind that this guy goes forward everytime he can like he did with the whole Blackpool team. This kind of situation is typical of what he did last season, a run forward with complete speed without worrying about what happens behind him. It really was a reflex that many players would not have straight and it's the main reason why I personally don't specially blame Mikel for it

Reminds you a bit of Essien doesn't he, Adam?