Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Ridiculous individual errors cost us that game. Granted our first half performance wasn't vintage stuff but by the same token we didn't deserve to be going into half time a goal down, a dreadful mistake from the slow, clumsy, lumbering Mikel cost us the goal. Second half we were terrific, switching to a 4-2-3-1 we were on the front foot from the word go and deservedly got an equaliser through AVB sub, Daniel Sturridge. Again an individual error killed us late on and just like it was against Arsenal, Florent Malouda is at fault. Take a look at Johnson's goal again and take a look at Malouda's position for it, there is no justification for where he is stood but whats worse is his complete lack of effort to get back and cover Cole once Johnson gets possession and his weak excuse for a tackle summed up the entire scenario.

I think we can safely say we won't be winning the Premier League this year but that doesn't mean that this should be a year wasted. We have to accept that we are undergoing a transitional period at the club, we have to get the team in order and the first port of call come January or the Summer needs to be to offload the deadwood in this squad. John Obi Mikel should not be a Chelsea player, you don't win Champions Leagues (which Im assuming is our ambition) with a John Obi Mikel in your starting 11. The 4-2-3-1 looked very good when we put it into practise and I believe it should be the permanent system, in Mata we have a natural number 10 and Sturridge is very comfortable out on the right but the problem is we don't have a left winger of the quality required, Florent Malouda does not belong in this squad. Kalou does not belong in this squad. We desperately need a left winger and soon, we need a creative midfield player too.

AVB is getting stick already for this but he is doing the best he can with the group of players he has at his disposal. He didn't buy Mikel, he didn't buy Malouda and he isn't in charge of transfers. The high line defence had nothing to do with our loss today, it was simply awful individual errors from two sub standard players.

However if we are looking for a happier note, Drogba was excellent up front today, lets stick with him as the main striker. Lampard looked very good when he moved into the deeper role in the second half and Luiz and Terry looked generally solid. All of that being said, its a dreadful result and it pretty much kills any small hopes we had of winning the title and worst its Liverpool that inflicted that loss. Some real changes need to be made.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wanted transition, we said we'd be happy to sacrifice glory in order for a new era of Chelsea to be born, this is the period we must ride out.

Good post. Agreed, if fans cannot take the defeats or the rough patches then they are not real fans. I'm behind AVB all the way but what he's trying to do with the team at the moment isn't working. I hope he can see that and changes things.

We must learn to press as Liverpool did to us.. This is a sickening defeat, considering our domination of the second-half.

We wanted transition, we said we'd be happy to sacrifice glory in order for a new era of Chelsea to be born, this is the period we must ride out.

Transition does NOT mean dropping out of the top 4....

words cannot describe how shit this chelsea team is and how pissed off i am atm. Fuck the transition shit, there's no excuse for this, we still have aims to win stuff and buy top players. This is, as TX said, completely unforgivable. It's a fucking shambles.

People who know me here, know that I'm generally pretty optimistic...

..however, now I'm seriously becoming worried.

Have to agree with you. It was an odd lineup to say the least. Many of us think a midfield of Ramires, Lampard, Mikel is slow and uncreative yet AVB doesn't appreciate our expertise. Maybe the strain is starting to take its toll on JT and that affects the entire back line. The forwards minus one goal aren't connecting with the midfield/midfield not connecting with them.

I'm assuming AVB sees something different at practice but its definitely not translating out to the pitch.

I agree dont mind sacfising a bit of a glory...but to loose to Liverpool of all team!! Seriously we lost to Arsenal and Man U bad enough but Liverpool!!! Out of all the shitty scum to them!!!!!

Yeah. A real hard one to swallow.. We can only hope to get our revenge next week.

Ridiculous individual errors cost us that game. Granted our first half performance wasn't vintage stuff but by the same token we didn't deserve to be going into half time a goal down, a dreadful mistake from the slow, clumsy, lumbering Mikel cost us the goal. Second half we were terrific, switching to a 4-2-3-1 we were on the front foot from the word go and deservedly got an equaliser through AVB sub, Daniel Sturridge. Again an individual error killed us late on and just like it was against Arsenal, Florent Malouda is at fault. Take a look at Johnson's goal again and take a look at Malouda's position for it, there is no justification for where he is stood but whats worse is his complete lack of effort to get back and cover Cole once Johnson gets possession and his weak excuse for a tackle summed up the entire scenario.

I think we can safely say we won't be winning the Premier League this year but that doesn't mean that this should be a year wasted. We have to accept that we are undergoing a transitional period at the club, we have to get the team in order and the first port of call come January or the Summer needs to be to offload the deadwood in this squad. John Obi Mikel should not be a Chelsea player, you don't win Champions Leagues (which Im assuming is our ambition) with a John Obi Mikel in your starting 11. The 4-2-3-1 looked very good when we put it into practise and I believe it should be the permanent system, in Mata we have a natural number 10 and Sturridge is very comfortable out on the right but the problem is we don't have a left winger of the quality required, Florent Malouda does not belong in this squad. Kalou does not belong in this squad. We desperately need a left winger and soon, we need a creative midfield player too.

AVB is getting stick already for this but he is doing the best he can with the group of players he has at his disposal. He didn't buy Mikel, he didn't buy Malouda and he isn't in charge of transfers. The high line defence had nothing to do with our loss today, it was simply awful individual errors from two sub standard players.

However if we are looking for a happier note, Drogba was excellent up front today, lets stick with him as the main striker. Lampard looked very good when he moved into the deeper role in the second half and Luiz and Terry looked generally solid. All of that being said, its a dreadful result and it pretty much kills any small hopes we had of winning the title and worst its Liverpool that inflicted that loss. Some real changes need to be made.

Excellent analysis. People called Carlo's season a 'transitional' but that was wrong. This really is one because Villas-Boas is laying down the foundations. He's committed to his way of the game and he isn't bowing to the pressures of the old system. That's how you teach your system, you keep at it and the players will adapt. Of course it'll never be perfect, but 'time' is a commodity he deserves.

--

Jamie Redknapp is an idiot for saying it was wrong for Torres to be on the bench. Drogba played very wll.

No champions league next year....struggling against blackburn....thrashed by arsenal...losing to liverpools b team ...some of them....QPR....manu....

Thats whats annoying,we stuggled against Blackburn..Man U are struggling against whoever they play yet they get results! We play like shite and loose while they play like shite and somehow win!! Or we play well and still fuck up somehow...just LIVERPOOL!!!

Im not being funny but we are in trouble i cant see this team winning anything this season to me AVB doesnt really know what he wants to do.

Today we were shit end of not one player on that pitch today will get any prasie from me all crap for me, JT shouldnt be on the pitch clearly the problem off pitch is got to him, Luiz need to cut the shit out he does its starting to piss me off stop fucking around with it and get it out of danger, Drogba was shit so was Flo, Mata did nothing today lamps was a ghost.

we need to stop playing this high line its killing us we all know this only defender with pace is Luiz all the others just get caught out all the time, cant really say much about Raul and Torres only had like 8 min game time.

i will always love this club but at the moment the club aint showing the fans thats they can do it atm, we all know that we should be beating Wolves next week but i am thinking 1-0 lucky win the way were playing and now we gotta go to Germany mid week thats gonna be very tough now to bounce back.

i just wish that AVB would pick the team he wants and stick with and and build

Transition does NOT mean dropping out of the top 4....

We were 7th this time, last season. We came back to 2nd. Keep a bit of perspective here..

words cannot describe how shit this chelsea team is and how pissed off i am atm. Fuck the transition shit, there's no excuse for this, we still have aims to win stuff and buy top players. This is, as TX said, completely unforgivable. It's a fucking shambles.

Of course we have aims and such. And this is humiliating because of the teams we've suffered against. Let's not lose sight of the bigger picture though!