Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Our fucking shirt design looks awfull on an loosing team, but I'm not the one who wants us to sack AVB. Our tactics are fine, it's are players who doesn't show enough enthusiasm... Looks like they don't want Chelsea to succeed with new players...

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypocrisy is usually always preceded by reason.....and experience.

When people react, it is not because they are being hypocrites.

We expected change, we knew it would be tough.

Not this tough. Not this bad. (after almost half the seaon)

AVB called himself , not the Special One .... but the TEAM ONE...

our team has no cohesion whatsoever....

Why are we all asking for change from a man who has come to change things?

Its because either the method of this change is wrong or there is no change realistically happening at all....Atleast i dont see it....

It only looks worse....Last season cannot be taken as an example of how bad we were and what not. We still managed 3 points mostly and ended up 2nd.

2009-2010 season:

Chelsea - Liverpool 2-0

Liverpool - Chelsea 0-2

Chelsea - United 1-0

United - Chelsea 1-2

Arsenal - Chelsea 0-3

Chelsea - Arsenal 2-0

12 goals scored, 1 conceded.

2010-2011 season:

Liverpool - Chelsea 2-0

Chelsea - Liverpool 0-1

Chelsea - United 2-1

United - Chelsea 2-1

Chelsea - Arsenal 2-0

Arsenal - Chelsea 3-1

6 goals scored, 9 conceded.

2011-2012 season

Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2

Liverpool - Chelsea ?-?

United - Chelsea 3-1

Chelsea - United ?-?

Chelsea - Arsenal 3-5

Arsenal - Chelsea ?-?

5 goals scored, 10 conceded

Sexy football!

Exactly. He was much more effective than Torres would've been at all.

You're making excellent analytical points today.. Good to see some composure amongst the hysteria.

I'm sure like a lot of the posters on here today, I'm furious about the result and Id say like a few I'm going to get a bit of a going in from a few Liverpool fans (most of the lads on the team I play for are Liverpool fans :fainthv9: ) but reacting with mindless anger doesn't help anyone, instead I prefer to discuss what went wrong and why it went wrong, its important that we all look at the bigger picture.

Some of you guys make me embarrassed to be a Chelsea supporter.

We complain at the club for not being stable and being too risk adverse, and when we go for a massive change and it doesn't pay immediate dividends, by November you want the manager sacked?

On the whole these ARE NOT AVB players, he works with a completely different philosophy to what we've ever had and it relies on the players to pick it up. The defence is a massive problem, mainly Terry and Cole - but what manager in the world would drop them two in such a bad time?

AVB has us playing good football, it's just our players and pathetic, pathetic individual mistakes which have cost us as well as some shit refereeing throughout the League so far. If it weren't for that I'm sure we'd have around 7 or so more points now and you guys would all be celebrating the mastery of AVB.

Give the guy a fucking break and stop being so hypocritical!

For those trying to slag us off, just try reading this because it is pure genius! Hats off to you KingEssien... a proper Chelsea supporter!

Yep, Malouda doesn't make it easy at all. Ash's pace has reduced over the last few years, especially with the amount of games he plays. I think Van Aanholt would make a fantastic left-winger.. His pace and crossing is very good! And being a left-back, he'd understand the importance of tracking back.

I agree, he could be a very useful option as a winger if we were to give him that opportunity, he always looks very threatening going forward. If not then he would have been a handy option to have to deputise for Cole at left back because Cole looks very jaded at the moment.

My patience for AVB is really running out of time. I'm a blue at heart, but it's hard making time to watch these matches on FSC or FSP. There is no club chemistry at all. That's due in part to the manager. Look at how Liverpool play for Dalglish. They have no where near the quality and class we have and yet they play their hearts out and get a victory. For a manager to succeed at a club like Chelsea he needs to be larger than life. While I believe his tactics of a different side every match are trying to enforce this larger than life perspective it's the wrong tactics. We spent 50 million euros on Torres. We knew he thrives solo up top with a player such as Mata(?) free floating just behind. While AVB is making clear he cares for winning he's still looking like an idiot by not having a set side. Torres is 27 and has looked great when put in the right situations. Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda have been great for our club over the years, but their age led to the purchases of Mata and Torres. We have to do something new up front with the future of the club. AVB seems to me to be on equal level with his players. As he tries to make everyone happy with a rotation. We all knew one day Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda would be replaced. Why should we lose matches while trying to make a transition to exciting football once again? And The selfish Sturridge is not the answer. His selfish play is seen over and over again. How I wish we would have sold him to Bolton. Change the damn formation fit to the players we just bought and keep it that way. Torres was not a waste of money. He's not being used to the ways he's always thrived. It'll upset some of our Chelsea greats but hey, nothing lasts forever and these players and AVB need to see this. The back 4 is also in shambles. Alex is left out of the side?? Luiz is not a stable CB. So move him to right back and let him run up the pitch like a Sergio Ramos or a Maicon and bring Alex back into the first 11. Ivanovic is a great defender to have for when someone needs rest or has a red card. But he's not the solution at right back. He's clumsy, and doesn't have the pace needed on the outside. Midfielders can be rotated. And sometimes defenders can too, but forwards can't. Play a 4-4-1-1 and hell offset the midfield and call it a 4-2-2-1-1 to appear to be more creative. Just change this garbage of never knowing who's getting the start. I like the old winning ways at Stamford Bridge. Bc I promise if we don't start using Torres and Mata the right way someone like AC Milan or Inter or even the crap Arsenal or Spurs will jump in and get them. A set side needs set and it needs to be done soon. Like today,

Hypocrisy is usually always preceded by reason.....and experience.

When people react, it is not because they are being hypocrites.

We expected change, we knew it would be tough.

Not this tough. Not this bad. (after almost half the seaon)

AVB called himself , not the Special One .... but the TEAM ONE...

our team has no cohesion whatsoever....

Why are we all asking for change from a man who has come to change things?

Its because either the method of this change is wrong or there is no change realistically happening at all....Atleast i dont see it....

It only looks worse....Last season cannot be taken as an example of how bad we were and what not. We still managed 3 points mostly and ended up 2nd.

It does look tough at the moment, especially with the unbalanced team.

However we're only 3 months in, into Villas-Boas' tenure. Progress is hard to see, but I'm pretty sure André is working hard to correct these. Give it a bit longer, it's not easy to try and implement a new tactic into a squad to used to the old system.

That's why cohesion is hard to see, but have faith he does not take this lightly.

I think dropping AVB would be a superficial and unprofessional move. He's not the problem. The players are the big problem. I can't see any determination. They seem bored, specially the old ones: Terry, Malouda, or Cole.

We need fresh blood. We need McEachran in, we need Bertrand, we need Lucas Piazon, we need Lukaku.

Those who still hope we can win the title are naive, no ofense. That means AVB should really give chances to the young players. It's now or never.

He needs a rest in the lesser games tbh. He's been playing nearly every game and doing twice as much running as other players.

I hope Bertrand is keeping himself as fit as he can. Villas-Boas saw Bosingwa's failings and made the call for Ivanovic to step-up. He will, perhaps, do the same for Ash.

Pathetic ‘so called fans’ attempts at justifying this, it’s psychological, there is a demographic of supporters on here who want Chelsea to be unsuccessful. So they can boast and claim to be better fans, and label anyone who wishes to criticise as spoilt.