Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

This is really starting to worry me now. I cant believe Liverpool played a 2 man midfield with Charlie Adam and they ran it in the first half, that has really shocked me. We really need to sign a midfield playmaker in January because we don't have flow in midfield. This whole offside trap rubbish is really exposing us in the back and i don't like it at all especially with someone as slow as JT.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea isn't going to win any titles this season. So let's truly transition the team.

AVB basically played the old Chelsea spine today with a sprinkling of Mata and Luiz and asked the old legs to play an uptempo game today. Why?

Go forward, stop fucking around. Build around Torres/Mata/Meireles/Ramires. I would even say Sturridge but he really needs to sort his team play out. This new spine won't win the league this season but let's move forward. I would even think about throwing Romeu on as he's not as ponderous as Mikel though I'm sure he'll make youthful mistakes.

Terry and Cole are done. Once magnificent players now prone to costly mistakes because their bodies simply will not allow them to play at a high level anymore. They will continue to start games because we simply do not have replacements right now.

The alternative is to batten down the hatches and focus the game on Lampard/Drogba once again and just batter teams into submission. It won't win anything but hey, at least we'll play to their strengths.

Me? I'd rather we go forward seriously with the transition now that the title is a long shot.

There were definitely too many mistakes at Stamford bridge today. 1. Leaving off RM in favor of the always disappointing Mikel. He struggles with defending, ball winning, and holding. Not to mention he basically gift wrapped the opening goal. 2. Don't get me wrong I love Drogba, but he just doesn't have the same pace he once had. Great Chelsea career, but sadly it's not what it once was. Torres should have been on. Especially feeling he needed to stick it to his ex club. 3. Ivanovic playing at right back during any match is awful. Luiz to RB. Alex to the middle for the time being. 3. The 4-3-3 is old news. How we've spent in the transfer market the system calls for a change. Torres and Mata in a 4-3-3? It doesn't make sense to me nor anyone I've talked to who knows football. Most don't even support Chelsea. Just another bad taste again this season.

I read somewhere 7 players who were here when Jose was here started today. Is that correct? If it is, the more things change the more they stay the same.

How many LFC players from 2004 started today? I bet the answer is freaking zero. And we make fun of them...

Freaking 2004, I can't remember what my life was like then it was so damn long ago.

AVB is right to stick to his playing style and there is no excuse for the players not to adapt to his style..

Althought i have always hated malouda i have to say he played ok in the second half..

False!, it's not a fact that the players aren't doing it, it's the fact they can't, many of them are too slow, Mikel is not a fast DM, Terry isn't fast, we have no playmaker, or no wingers. AVB has to do what's best for the club and change his style now!, which ever is best for the players, holdout till January, then sort it out.

When AVB arrived most of us knew some of our top players were getting on a bit. We knew if we were going to carry on using them that it should be sparingly.

AVB said that all these players were good enough and didn't need replaced. I for one don't believe he meant it for a second. I genuinely believe half of the old pros are going this summer and I think they're just being used and talked up so as not to rock the boat. After all, why create bad blood when they're at the end of their playing careers at this club? That's not how I think it should be handled, but it's how it comes across.

This manager is renowned for his attention to detail and strategic knowledge, so there is no way he can't see what the rest of us can. I can see him buying big in the upcoming windows.

We wont win a thing this season and whilst that's disappointing, I don't really care if it means we are getting everything in place to start building for the future.

Anybody who expected AVB to come in and get us back to the world class team we used to be was kidding themselves. I do think he'll get the job done. Just not this season with this squad.

Big clubs don't seek revenge for 'league' defeats in a mickey mouse competition.

I dont care if its a 'mickey mouse competition' I just want us to beat the pricks! It'll make me feel so much better.

And its not like we're gonna win the league... But it'll be good to win the CC with our kids! :D

False!, it's not a fact that the players aren't doing it, it's the fact they can't, many of them are too slow, Mikel is not a fast DM, Terry isn't fast, we have no playmaker, or no wingers. AVB has to do what's best for the club and change his style now!, which ever is best for the players, holdout till January, then sort it out.

He has players that could fit his style play Mereiles or Romeau instead of mikel!

But we definitley need a new playmaker!

I dont care if its a 'mickey mouse competition' I just want us to beat the pricks! It'll make me feel so much better.

And its not like we're gonna win the league... But it'll be good to win the CC with our kids! :D

All that matters this season is sealing a CL place, and even that would be a miracle.

The issue here is not with the style. AVB's attacking approach is excellent, but the old guards are not capable of executing it. the solution is to get rid of most of these Mourinho era players and build his own team. Chelsea should concentrate on building a team for subsequent seasons. We have more promising youngsters than any other team in the league but we are not using them.

I agree with DODO.

The club spent big money on the like of Torres and Mata. Not mentioning David Luiz and Merieles. While I have to disagree with the comments regarding Cole and Terry. I still think they have the quality to makeup a solid back 4, I do think a young defender is a must to bring in. The dutch have a great young defender in Gregory Van der wiel would be a nice addition. Granted that takes my idea of moving Luiz to right back. But Luiz can play the CB role. He just needs a bit of work. He is a world class athlete and is young. He'll adjust. Drogba needs to be asked where he wants to finish his career and then sell him to that destination. Malouda and anelka still have value to someone needing quality and well known forwards. Even though I believe Malouda is still valuable to the club as a Modfielder and not an attacking winger. Playing him out wide with a Torres/mata 1-2 up front would allow him to still do what he does now. Only it takes a bit of pressure off him. He doesn't have the pace he once had. Kalou is another that needs to go. Sturridge and Kalou have the same type of selfish game. Great strikers get to the top by scoring great goals in big matches. Not forcing the issue everytime the ball is at their feet. Sell them both to whomever wants them. They hurt our club. Mikel has needed to find another club for a few years now. With the back four of Cole/Terry/Alex/Luiz the midfield consisting of Ramires/Lampard/Merieles/Malouda or even Mceachran. And up front Mata behind Torres.. This is the direction needed to be taken.