Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Some of you guys make me embarrassed to be a Chelsea supporter.

AVB has us playing good football, it's just our players and pathetic, pathetic individual mistakes which have cost us as well as some shit refereeing throughout the League so far. If it weren't for that I'm sure we'd have around 7 or so more points now and you guys would all be celebrating the mastery of AVB.

Give the guy a fucking break and stop being so hypocritical!

We play good football for 30 minutes out of 90 in every game...the rest 60 we are usually rubbish.

Im embarrassed.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree on both instances.

Cech was as much at fault for the first goal as Mikel. What was he hoping to accomplish by passing to Mikel? It was totally needless and invited pressure on the man in possession. Then there's the lack of communication - Ashley Cole (nearest to Mikel at that moment) should be immediately making Mikel aware of the oncoming Adam, but does no such thing. Mikel on his part makes it amply clear he wasn't expecting the ball to arrive to him, hence the laboured fumbles on it. Just poor unorganised, non communicative defensive play.

The second was even more astonishing. How can a top European side not defend a simple cross filed ball? Ashley Cole's casualness is highly alarming. Malouda can't make a challenge because the moment he does, it's a penalty. And Terry chooses to go to ground for the umpteenth time instead of standing his position and putting pressure on Johnson.

Im sorry but take a look at any top team in the world. Spain, Germany, Barcelona, Real Madrid. They all play out from the back. AVB should be applauded for trying to implement such a system, as should Cech for following orders. Any midfielder playing for a big club should be able to take on that ball and find a pass, he had more than enough time to do that. The problem is that Mikel isn't good enough to do that. The problem here firmly lies with the player, rather than Cech or AVB who simply want us to play a more modern type of game, the way it should be played.

The issue isn't the lack of a tackle one Johnson gets into the box, that's simply the icing on the cake, the real issue is just how poorly positioned he is in the first place and how apathetic his light jog was to get into a position to cover the inside of Cole once Johnson takes control of the ball, if he rushes back into a covering position (as a real player should) then there is no goal.

"Only Wigan and Blackburn (six each) have conceded more goals in the last 10 mins of PL matches than Chelsea this season."

''A couple of stats for you courtesy of Infostrada Sports - and Chelsea fans, you may wish to look away. Today's defeat means Chelsea have lost consecutive Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge for the first time since Roman Abramovich bought the club in 2003, that the Blues have lost four matchesin their first 12 games for the first time in 11 years and that they remain one of only four clubs without a clean sheet at home this season. Worrying times.''

The issue isn't the lack of a tackle one Johnson gets into the box, that's simply the icing on the cake, the real issue is just how poorly positioned he is in the first place and how apathetic his light jog was to get into a position to cover the inside of Cole once Johnson takes control of the ball, if he rushes back into a covering position (as a real player should) then there is no goal.

Against Arsenal and now Liverpool, we've been ripped apart on that right-hand side. Ashley Cole is a bit of a concern at the moment.

My patience for AVB is really running out of time. I'm a blue at heart, but it's hard making time to watch these matches on FSC or FSP. There is no club chemistry at all. That's due in part to the manager. Look at how Liverpool play for Dalglish. They have no where near the quality and class we have and yet they play their hearts out and get a victory. For a manager to succeed at a club like Chelsea he needs to be larger than life. While I believe his tactics of a different side every match are trying to enforce this larger than life perspective it's the wrong tactics. We spent 50 million euros on Torres. We knew he thrives solo up top with a player such as Mata(?) free floating just behind. While AVB is making clear he cares for winning he's still looking like an idiot by not having a set side. Torres is 27 and has looked great when put in the right situations. Dr

Some of you guys make me embarrassed to be a Chelsea supporter.

We complain at the club for not being stable and being too risk adverse, and when we go for a massive change and it doesn't pay immediate dividends, by November you want the manager sacked?

On the whole these ARE NOT AVB players, he works with a completely different philosophy to what we've ever had and it relies on the players to pick it up. The defence is a massive problem, mainly Terry and Cole - but what manager in the world would drop them two in such a bad time?

AVB has us playing good football, it's just our players and pathetic, pathetic individual mistakes which have cost us as well as some shit refereeing throughout the League so far. If it weren't for that I'm sure we'd have around 7 or so more points now and you guys would all be celebrating the mastery of AVB.

Give the guy a fucking break and stop being so hypocritical!

:clap:

I think we need to take a breather. We lost but it's like everyone thinks that the season is over. Liverpool are always stronger against big teams, and if you look at the statistics it's not like they overplayed us. I agree that the team selection was a bit bizare but we don't know what happens behind the curtains, for instance, Sturridge was doubtful before the game if I'm not mistaken. Things will come around eventually and I hope that I'm not the only one that still believes that AVB is still the man we want, I fully trust him despite everything that has been going on. Cheer up fellow Chelsea fans, this is not the end.

Against Arsenal and now Liverpool, we've been ripped apart on that right-hand side. Ashley Cole is a bit of a concern at the moment.

He needs a rest in the lesser games tbh. He's been playing nearly every game and doing twice as much running as other players.

I agree mate that Ashley's form has been questionable and Im not alleviating him of some blame for the goal, Johnson did skip past him too easily for my liking but for me the main portion of blame lies with Malouda for his outright refusal to do his job. All that was required was basic covering from a winger, stuff you are taught from a young age.

Hate to say this but our key players shouldn't be key players anymore, Terry and Drogba especially. Changing them is a huge decision but it's something Andre has to think about.

Also getting rid of Malouda, Kalou and maybe Anelka is important. New era means new players who can actually play the way manager wants them to.

My patience for AVB is really running out of time. I'm a blue at heart, but it's hard making time to watch these matches on FSC or FSP. There is no club chemistry at all. That's due in part to the manager. Look at how Liverpool play for Dalglish. They have no where near the quality and class we have and yet they play their hearts out and get a victory. For a manager to succeed at a club like Chelsea he needs to be larger than life. While I believe his tactics of a different side every match are trying to enforce this larger than life perspective it's the wrong tactics. We spent 50 million euros on Torres. We knew he thrives solo up top with a player such as Mata(?) free floating just behind. While AVB is making clear he cares for winning he's still looking like an idiot by not having a set side. Torres is 27 and has looked great when put in the right situations. Dr

So your patience for the manager is running out because the players can't be arsed to play well? Haha.

I don't really like bashing players but common Mikel....

As the big drog said, Mikel does not belong in this Chelsea squad because he can't cope with the pace of PL football. Liverpool were average today and that is only because Suarez wasn't playing well and even though i had a feeling we weren't going to win, I knew if Suarez was put off his game then the result would be favorable to us. However, i didn't know that individuals errors would cost as, AGAIN. I'm really disappointed as everyone else here but stop looking for nonsense excuses like the high line because that worked well today and was probably one of the main reasons that kept Suarez quiet.

On a better note, Didier was playing well. I stood up and started to clap when he struck that free kick thinking it went in. What technique that man has, its a shame because Reina and the wall were beaten. Also, David Luiz was exceptional today because he intercepted so many of their passes and had a few good tackles. I couldn't find anything wrong about him besides that one incident where he tried to dribble half of Liverpool and then had to commit a foul. If it wasn't for that Reina Man Of The Match save than he would have scored that header,

All the depressed members here need to chill out for a second. It's a fucked up period that were going through but go have a drink tonight forget about it and let this period ''ride out'' like LDN Blue said. I'm certain that we'll be back blazing with AVB as our manager soon.

I'm stunned that Drogba is actually receiving criticism after that performance. I agree that change is needed and that the deadwood should be removed to allow new, younger players who fit AVB's style to come into the squad but Drogba shouldn't be put in the firing line for criticism, he was easily one of our best players today.

I agree mate that Ashley's form has been questionable and Im not alleviating him of some blame for the goal, Johnson did skip past him too easily for my liking but for me the main portion of blame lies with Malouda for his outright refusal to do his job. All that was required was basic covering from a winger, stuff you are taught from a young age.

Yep, Malouda doesn't make it easy at all. Ash's pace has reduced over the last few years, especially with the amount of games he plays. I think Van Aanholt would make a fantastic left-winger.. His pace and crossing is very good! And being a left-back, he'd understand the importance of tracking back.

I'm stunned that Drogba is actually receiving criticism after that performance. I agree that change is needed and that the deadwood should be removed to allow new, younger players who fit AVB's style to come into the squad but Drogba shouldn't be put in the firing line for criticism, he was easily one of our best players today.

Exactly. He was much more effective than Torres would've been at all.

You're making excellent analytical points today.. Good to see some composure amongst the hysteria.