Valencia 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

And yes, AVB said he should only miss the Swansea game.

thanks mate for your answer..

I hope danny would play againts valencia, I don't like Anelka for sure. He is too slow..

get well soon danny, :)

and I hope AVB use this formation for this match

Cech

Ivan - JT © - Luiz - Ash

Mikel

Ramires - Meireles

Danny - Torres - Mata

Subs : Lamps, JME, Drogs, Malou, Hillario, Bossingwa

I really want to see Mikel play, I think he'll be crucial against Valencia at the Mestalla. And no way should Malouda start imo, I'd rather have Anelka there. Also after an impressive display against Swansea I wouldn't bench Ramires. Looking at the squad and the available options, I really feel for AVB :D Ramires and Meireles sort of have to play and if Mata plays in the hole, that means benching Mikel and Lampard.. if you want to play them then that means Mata will be on the wing etc etc. I am excited to see how AVB will approach his team selection, if Lampard will be dropped again, if Mikel will play, what will be the defensive pairing etc.

Agree about Ramires. Though I think AVB's shot himself in the foot by saying Lampard will play against Valencia.. Most likely meaning he will start the game. Maybe he'll go..

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Mata

Torres

However this is very unlikely, as Ramires would not be ideal to play down the wing.

i think soldado the man who must we focus ..he's move is just like chicarito..fast and aggresive

the formation i think just like against leverkusen yesterday

cech

ivan luiz terry a.cole

mikel meireles

lamps

anelka torres mata

subs:

torres--drogba

anelka-maluoda

mikel--ramires

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/961705/frank-lampard-quits-chelsea-bench-after-snub?cc=5901

closest thing I found: Asked about Lampard's position, Villas-Boas attempted to play down suggestions that the England international's days are numbered.

He said: "I don't know but this is nothing to speculate about. They are team players and the players want the team to perform, and Frank is like that. He is a fantastic player, a magnificent player and soon he will be back to the team, sooner than you expect.

Mata is all over the pitch. I think AVB wanted Fereria so he would be able to play the left wing and Mata would be able to roam more. I do however think Torres players so much better with Mata, Mierales and Ramirez on the field rather than Lamps as his supplier. So I say stick to our Swansea line up for Valencia and play Lampard at Bolton.

Did Lamps really walk off?

where and when did he say that?

My bad. I've mis-read from SkySports..

"Villas-Boas maintains nothing could be further from the truth, indicating that he will recall Lampard for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League clash with Valencia."

:doh:

i think soldado the man who must we focus ..he's move is just like chicarito..fast and aggresive

the formation i think just like against leverkusen yesterday

cech

ivan luiz terry a.cole

mikel meireles

lamps

anelka torres mata

subs:

torres--drogba

anelka-maluoda

mikel--ramires

personally i think banega is the man to watch out for....passes as well as he tackles like a redondo

I actually think this will be a tougher test because this Valencia side are quite unpredictable, with United at Old Trafford you know exactly what you're going to be up again; high-intensity, counter-attacking football. This will be a challenge, make no mistake about it.

I just hope we don't make ourselves look like absolute fools. I would take a 0-0 right now, anyone who has been to the Mestalla like i have will know its by far the most intimidating arena in Europe. I can not see us winning this game and i think the best we will get out of it will be a score draw.