Valencia 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Spanish fans are just as likely to boo as they are to cheer for some players. No love lost between Barca and RM. Not until the recent successes of the NT have Spanish fans been able to put aside their club loyalties and cheer for the entire NT. Some RM fans still have a difficult time cheering for Xavi on the NT and the same with Barca fans and say Ramos. There are a lot of politics too that drive the cheering or booing.

When Torres played against RM at Madrid in the CL with LFC, he got nothing but abuse from the Madrid fans. Their favorite chant was a Spanish version of your an SOB. He seemed to relish it and scored than pointed to the name on the shirt so I don't think he's worried about any booing or chants.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan of Emery and he was one on my wish list after AVB. They had a big game away to Sevilla whilst being perched at the top of La liga but Emery made a host of changes to the side that faced Barcelona (2-2) midweek and eventually lost the tie to Sevilla 1-0 and in turn the top spot to Betis.

Soldado, Pablo Hernandez, Canales, Albelda, Miguel and Jordi Alba were all rested this weekend so they should all walk straight into the starting line up.

They'll line up as 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1.

Guaita

Miguel Rami Ruiz Alba

Albelda Banega

Pablo H. Pablo P. Mathieu

Soldado

Miguel and Alba play like wing backs and love bombing forward. Mathieu is a work horse who tracks up and down and often plays in defence too.

Soldado has been is sublime form but has been guilty of missing Torres-esque chances too this season. No exaggeration. While Albelda provides the muscle in the midfield, Banega is everything I wish Mikel adapts to when going forward, defensively Mikel is more solid albeit flat footed at times.

I think our right side will be tested at its very best and Bosingwa, Ramires and Anelka/Sturridge will have to be up for it.

We might line up as

Cech

Bose Bane JT Ash

Ram Meireles Lampard

Anelka Torres Mata

If Mikel starts I think it shows AVB's cautious nature away from home in the Champions league and I think it would persist in the future.

Should be a great spectacle of football.

I am a big fan of Emery and he was one on my wish list after AVB. They had a big game away to Sevilla whilst being perched at the top of La liga but Emery made a host of changes to the side that faced Barcelona (2-2) midweek and eventually lost the tie to Sevilla 1-0 and in turn the top spot to Betis.

Soldado, Pablo Hernandez, Canales, Albelda, Miguel and Jordi Alba were all rested this weekend so they should all walk straight into the starting line up.

They'll line up as 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1.

Guaita

Miguel Rami Ruiz Alba

Albelda Banega

Pablo H. Pablo P. Mathieu

Soldado

Miguel and Alba play like wing backs and love bombing forward. Mathieu is a work horse who tracks up and down and often plays in defence too.

Soldado has been is sublime form but has been guilty of missing Torres-esque chances too this season. No exaggeration. While Albelda provides the muscle in the midfield, Banega is everything I wish Mikel adapts to when going forward, defensively Mikel is more solid albeit flat footed at times.

I think our right side will be tested at its very best and Bosingwa, Ramires and Anelka/Sturridge will have to be up for it.

We might line up as

Cech

Bose Bane JT Ash

Ram Meireles Lampard

Anelka Torres Mata

If Mikel starts I think it shows AVB's cautious nature away from home in the Champions league and I think it would persist in the future.

Should be a great spectacle of football.

emery is a good coach. its a shame no one sees that. did u know that valencia give him yearly contracts? the board doesnt seem to have faith in him, but he has always delivered even tho they sell his main player every year.

This big, scary Valencia team drew with Genk.

Most of Valencia's players were away on international duty but had to start on following Saturday just before the Genk game as it was a biggie against A. Madrid at home, so some names were rested against Genk. Genk was their 3rd competitive game of the season which also happened to be away

Valencia enjoyed 69% of the possesion and had 26 to 9 shots by Genk. They also happened to draw against the so called invincible Barcelona last week. Count them out at your own peril.

emery is a good coach. its a shame no one sees that. did u know that valencia give him yearly contracts? the board doesnt seem to have faith in him, but he has always delivered even tho they sell his main player every year.

Well he had initially signed a 2 year contract when he joined from Almeria which had an option to extension by a year and was taken up by Valencia. They are very financially unstable and hence they end up selling a star player every season to ensure they don't go in to administration even if they didn't qualify for Europe. They also know they can't afford to shower a big contract and should Unai fail end up with a 5-6 million seperation money which is generally their net budget every season.

Who is Pablo P.?

Pablo Piatti http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Piatti

u mean cunts like jose luis torrente? i actually watch la liga to see valencia love the team and the city as well

Beautiful city.

Jose Luis Torrente - ''Born and usually resident in Madrid, Spain, José Luis Torrente is an ugly, bald, overweight, dirty, corrupt, lying, fascist, racist, chauvinistic and anticommunist retired cop''

Lol had to look that up... :yes:

ivanovic - alex - luiz - ashley

romeu

ramires - mceachran

studge --------------------- malouda

torres

is the starting line-up i want to see. lukaku, meireles and mata to replace torres, ramires and malouda at around 50-60 mins.

ivanovic - alex - luiz - ashley

romeu

ramires - mceachran

studge --------------------- malouda

torres

is the starting line-up i want to see. lukaku, meireles and mata to replace torres, ramires and malouda at around 50-60 mins.

Lukaku is not in the CL squad :(

Beautiful city.

Jose Luis Torrente - ''Born and usually resident in Madrid, Spain, José Luis Torrente is an ugly, bald, overweight, dirty, corrupt, lying, fascist, racist, chauvinistic and anticommunist retired cop''

Lol had to look that up... :yes:

Isn't the joke is that Torrente is an Atletico fan? Torres made a cameo in one of the movies.

Beautiful city.

Lol had to look that up... (Y).gif

it sure is...has a bit of moorish vibe to it too...but in spain sevilla has to be the best city to see so beautiful....anyone going to the match should try and see the city it is remarkable. you wont regret it

the torrente movies are good u should try to watch it tho its in spanish but u can get a subtitled copy....heard a rumor its going hollywood soon too.

Well he had initially signed a 2 year contract when he joined from Almeria which had an option to extension by a year and was taken up by Valencia. They are very financially unstable and hence they end up selling a star player every season to ensure they don't go in to administration even if they didn't qualify for Europe. They also know they can't afford to shower a big contract and should Unai fail end up with a 5-6 million seperation money which is generally their net budget every season.

Pablo Piatti http://en.wikipedia....ki/Pablo_Piatti

its that ambitious nou mestalla that has been causing all this