Valencia 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

I think the manager will rotate again a little simply because we have once again played a significant period of time with 10 men. I think David Luiz will come in, and so will Lampard.

I would imagine Torres will play simply because Valencia and Genk are the only two chances he has to play until the end of October. But I would imagine Drogba to get 30 minutes against Valencia ready for starting in Torres' absence.

It will be interesting to see how Terry is, as I heard he struggled through the game today.

I also think AVB is reluctant to play Brana at right back because he wants a more naturally suited full back, and I have a feeling Ferreira may play instead of Bosingwa in the week.

It will be our most difficult group game, so I would definately take a draw now.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------------Cech-------------------------

Ivanovic------Luiz-----------JT---------Cole---

--------------------Meireles----------------------

------------Ramires----------Lamps------------

---Anelka------------------------------ Mata---

---------------------Torres------------------------

bit of a mixture of what i want/what i think it will be

Go with the best team we got.

Cech

Ivanovic, David Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Mikel, Meireles

Anelka, Torres, Mata

Bench: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Alex, Lampard, Kalou, Malouda, Drogba

Very similar to today's line-up, just get Bosingwa out of there. Alternatively, Lampard in for Meireles.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Romeu - McEachran

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

I think we need a new right winger in the future, Sturridge hasn't been good imo. Could have more use of Scott Sinclair tbh..

Edited by whinni09

Cech

Ivanovic-Alex-David Luiz-Bertrand

Lampard-Mikel/Romeu-McEachran

Sturridge-Torres-Mata/Malouda

Then Terry coming for David Luiz at half time, i want Luiz to start getting into premier league fitness pattern. Give Cole a rest, he got burned out last season when Ancelotti played him 24/7, he just got worse and worse. Give Lampard a chance to prove himself, i think Mikel can play again, or maybe try Romeu, and McEachran takes Lampards position so he can have it a lot easier on his left foot. Sturridge has to prove himself, Torres... mayaswell so we can do our best to keep him in form while he's been banned, and Mata, he will have energy, but then try Malouda on later, to give Mata a bit of rest. Well that is the line up i would like, but this is probably the one what will happen

Cech

Bosingwa-Ivanovic-David Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Oriol-Lampard

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Romeu - McEachran

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

I think we need a new right winger in the future, Sturridge hasn't been good imo. Could have more use of Scott Sinclair tbh..

Mate I think you are wrong. Sturridge has been very good so far, and the best from him has to come yet. He has the pace, he has a vision, and he will surely be our first choise as a right winger through the season.

Id have the same team that started yesterday except (cover your ears shon3x) Ivan off for David luiz but given avb's tendency for rotation I don't see this being the case. Definitely start nando seeing as he is missing the next three domestic fixtures and is really starting to find his form again, if not his tackling abilities ;). Good to have big didi back but i think he will be kept for Sunday. Ktbffh

Id have the same team that started yesterday except (cover your ears shon3x) Ivan off for David luiz but given avb's tendency for rotation I don't see this being the case. Definitely start nando seeing as he is missing the next three domestic fixtures and is really starting to find his form again, if not his tackling abilities ;). Good to have big didi back but i think he will be kept for Sunday. Ktbffh

You're lucky I didn't hear that :wag_finger:

But yeah, Torres for Valencia and Genk, Drogba for PL.

because of his ban for PL games Torres must start .Think Lampard will as well .

Draw would be a good result..a win and we have practically qualified

I think Lamps will start as well, although i think this could be his last chance to prove he is a starter (if that isnt already gone). If it aint happening by half time i can see him getting hooked. Really hope he can put a performance in and show his worth

Edited by ulsterchelsea

Cech

Bosingwa - Terry - Luiz - Cole

Miereles - Lampard

Sturridge/Anelka-----------Mata---------------------Malouda

Torres

I really want to see Mikel play, I think he'll be crucial against Valencia at the Mestalla. And no way should Malouda start imo, I'd rather have Anelka there. Also after an impressive display against Swansea I wouldn't bench Ramires. Looking at the squad and the available options, I really feel for AVB :D Ramires and Meireles sort of have to play and if Mata plays in the hole, that means benching Mikel and Lampard.. if you want to play them then that means Mata will be on the wing etc etc. I am excited to see how AVB will approach his team selection, if Lampard will be dropped again, if Mikel will play, what will be the defensive pairing etc.