Raul Meireles

chrismada9

It would be a good move, but Napoli need to step-up their reported 8m.

Can we really expect more than 8m for him? I mean we only got him for like 12-13m and while his form and performances were good for us last season, don't think Meireles is worth anywhere near 15m.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we really expect more than 8m for him? I mean we only got him for like 12-13m and while his form and performances were good for us last season, don't think Meireles is worth anywhere near 15m.

We could at least try to get our money back. 12m sounds fair.

We could at least try to get our money back. 12m sounds fair.

8m is still a decent fee to get in return. Better half a loaf than no bread.

Also, we should get in replacements first IF we are thinking of letting go Essien and/or Meireles.

I like Meireles and would like to see him in blue next year but he should move on if we either use him as a bartering chip for Cavani, or we upgrade with a great CM (modric, cabaye, moutinho, etc.) Also i would like a little more than the 8m.

Have been seeing people saying we should sell this player, that player and talking it like it is so easy to get rid of them. Curious to know how many out there have actually drawn up a list of the players that we have and analyze them carefully to see what they can give to the team. Finding a buyer for them would be tough and finding replacements for them would be even tougher!

Don't think we should sell him yet. I would prefer if we kept him for another season. Unless of course we get Modric/Moutinho/someone else in.

Sell Essien this season, Meireles next season IMO.

Judge Essien after pre-season I think he hasn't just shown everything yet.

I will be livid if we sell Meireles but keep Essien. Somehow I think the club will do that, showing that the board are complete arse sometimes.

No need to slate the board, they've been brilliant lately with the signings of Marin and Hazard, giving Di Matteo the job on a permanent basis and all those new commercial deals to increase revenue in order to get the club in a better position regarding the FFP.

Of course I agree that Essien should be sold before Meireles but it's not always the board's fault if things don't go ideally. After all players are human beings and not some robots who can just be got rid of when they're not needed anymore.

No need to slate the board, they've been brilliant lately with the signings of Marin and Hazard, giving Di Matteo the job on a permanent basis and all those new commercial deals to increase revenue in order to get the club in a better position regarding the FFP.

Note the word "sometimes".