Raul Meireles

chrismada9

I wouldn't mind if he went to yids. He's a decent squad player but not the kind of player that i'b be gutted to see join a cunt club like Tottenham. I was gutted when Poyet went to Tottenham, i still remember the image on the back of the paper like a nightmare. Poyet was a great Chelsea player. Meireles is that 6-7/10 player that's part of most squads.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Last season I won two titles with Chelsea and one of them, the Champions League, nobody gave us any hope - particularly when we faced Barcelona," he told The Sun.

"But we proved them wrong as we did against Bayern Munich in the final at their own stadium. Portugal could learn a lot from that, that you never go out on the pitch and stare defeat in the face no matter how much you are written off.

"It's time for Portugal to stand up and prove we can deliver. We must seize the opportunity and make our nation proud.

"Everyone expects Spain to win, after all they are the reigning European and world champions. But that takes the pressure off us and allows us to play without the burden of enormous expectations.

"Even so, we are improving and we have shown we are not afraid of anyone. We haven't come this far to lose, we will put up a tremendous fight to reach the final."

The midfielder did admit, however, that Portugal would not adopt Chelsea's defensive tactics in an attempt to stave off Spain's attacking threat.

"There is no point us going out to try and stop Spain from playing," Meireles insisted. "It is completely alien tactics to us and will cost us the game.

"Yes, we will have to close them down a lot quicker and prevent them from having too much possession of the ball. But we are a very dangerous side on the counter-attack especially with the pace of Nani and [Cristiano] Ronaldo. Spain will know they have been in a game.

"For the neutral, it will be very exciting. For the supporters of Portugal and Spain it might be a bit more nervous."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/27/3203159/meireles-urges-portugal-to-emulate-chelsea?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Awesome I hope we sell.

If we going to make space for a squad player then lets give it to Kakuta, Josh Piazon or some other youth.

After what happened in Carlo's 2nd season, that type of experiment is never going to happen again.

if we get a new cm mierles (whom i've startd to like recently) will all but most likely leave. modric/moutinho/cabaye or whomever command 30+ games and with mikel and ramires and lamps pushes mierles, benyoun and essien out of door. not to mention mierles was key man last year doubt he want place on bench

With Kalou gone, im guessing Raul will be the new scapegoat, i noticed a quiet transition in that regard last season.

Malouda is probably ahead of Meireles in that department, assuming IF he somehow still remains at the club.

• 1 month later...

I really want us to sell him. He was poor the whole last season and has been like shit this pre season. I cant see how that can change. If we get around 8 million for him im 100% sure we can get a more useful midfielder for that price.

After what happened in Carlo's 2nd season, that type of experiment is never going to happen again.

Totally agree. Experience > youth, always. Unless your youth happen to be world beaters, which ours plainly aren't.

Malouda is probably ahead of Meireles in that department, assuming IF he somehow still remains at the club.

And Mikel.