chrismada9

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good addition , nothing more , nothing less , its better to have him than not, but if you want to win the PL , you can't play him every week , i don't hate Meireles , i'm very pleased to have him beacause he works hard for the team , and the Barcelona match showed that, but he's surely not a great / top class player , and will never be in the starting 11 next year .

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. He came to us through mid season and settled well under a new manager, proved his worth in my opinion. People get annoyed with his shots, but I see that as him trying, he's got a good attitude. Like not playing every match and he's happy to play his part.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Meireles?

Personally I think he's a good squad player, seemed to sufferer second season syndrome, after winning Liverpool's player of the season, he came to the bridge for what I suppose was a modest fee, about 16m and he's put in a shift, no where near as many spectacular goals from distance, no trademark volleys (maybe the one against Man City) but he's certainly come in and filled in as, when and where he's needed.

But I remember him being especially sore about AVB's sacking, so do you think he'll hang around or is he off?

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Meireles?

Personally I think he's a good squad player, seemed to sufferer second season syndrome, after winning Liverpool's player of the season, he came to the bridge for what I suppose was a modest fee, about 16m and he's put in a shift, no where near as many spectacular goals from distance, no trademark volleys (maybe the one against Man City) but he's certainly come in and filled in as, when and where he's needed.

But I remember him being especially sore about AVB's sacking, so do you think he'll hang around or is he off?

I was really looking forward to Roma appointing AVB as their new manager so that Raul could join him there but sadly the move didn't happen.Raul has been a great versatile squad player for us but it'd be best if he joins a club where he'll get the chance to play every week and that too as a CAM and not a defensive midfielder.His departure could help the likes of Josh(if not sent on loan)to get some great first team experience and the chance to build upon a fantastic Chelsea career.

I'm probably the only one but I still have faith he'll come good. Not as a starter but as a good back-up, able to do a good job whenever called upon. I just know he's better than he was overall last season, I've seen him play at a higher level at Liverpool and Portugal. And I'm sure with the whole team being much better next season (surely), he'll perform better as well.

His defensive contribution last season shouldn't be taken for granted though. He's not a good tackler but he's pretty good when it comes to putting pressure and intercepting. And despite all the harsh criticism, he managed 6 goals and 6 assists, which is decent.

McEachran isn't ready for Chelsea. He should be loaned out to a Eredivisie side, it would do him a lot of good. A year at a PL side after that.

I'm probably the only one but I still have faith he'll come good. Not as a starter but as a good back-up, able to do a good job whenever called upon. I just know he's better than he was overall last season, I've seen him play at a higher level at Liverpool and Portugal. And I'm sure with the whole team being much better next season (surely), he'll perform better as well.

His defensive contribution last season shouldn't be taken for granted though. He's not a good tackler but he's pretty good when it comes to putting pressure and intercepting. And despite all the harsh criticism, he managed 6 goals and 6 assists, which is decent.

McEachran isn't ready for Chelsea. He should be loaned out to a Eredivisie side, it would do him a lot of good. A year at a PL side after that.

^+1...dude should not always be on the squad sheet, but is a decent squad playa. If Josh can emulate Tuftie Meireles, then he could easy push him out. Right now Josh is not at Tuftie's level. Tuftie is a seasoned International player, who happens to be a squad player for CFC. IMHO that is a luxury that we cannot pass up. True, he is had gaffs like @ Napoli, but he has also shined like vs Benfica. A couple more seasons w/ CFC, then you can replace him w/ Josh. Not now.