Raul Meireles

chrismada9

for that I will deliver him myself ....would you like Malouda as well???

hehehe is AVB who wants Meireles not Porto.

We are selling Hulk to Chelsea, Alvaro Pereira to Inter so Moutinho probably stay one more year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he has been very, very good so far today! Distributing the ball excellently, much to my surprise :lol:

Much better performance than lampard in the first 2 games.. Lampard just doesn't seem comfortable in that role.

Of course I'm not saying Meireles should be a starter but he's still a great option to have! Especially when playing 60 odd games a season.

Well I don't understand why people bitch about him.

Most of us here agreed that he is a very good squad player.

He can do the job for a team that needs rotation, but that he was not starting 11 material for important matches.

So it is why the club and most of us agreed, that it was a wise move to keep him....well as long as Meireles is ok with that squad role.

Well played to Meireles today. Was solid and disciplined in that double pivot role alongside Mikel. Did what was required of him.

And as some have pointed out, don't think we should let Meireles go just yet. He is a useful squad player who can do us a solid and proper job when called upon especially when we have so many games to play this season.

i think we see what speed can do, even when he ventured higher he was able to recover quickly get alongisde mikel or hunt man down with likes of hazard/bertrand few times.

like i said in other post was really happy that he did well, atleast we have fall back plan if worst goes to the worst....or maybe first option in months time? :ph34r:

Raul Meireles made the most interceptions (3) on the pitch for Chelsea.

Raul Meireles (63) and Obi Mikel (63) made the most & same amount of passes on the field for Chelsea.

Our midfield was great today.

Well I don't understand why people bitch about him.

Most of us here agreed that he is a very good squad player.

He can do the job for a team that needs rotation, but that he was not starting 11 material for important matches.

So it is why the club and most of us agreed, that it was a wise move to keep him....well as long as Meireles is ok with that squad role.

because we always want a scapegoat or some1 to blame all our misery on. first it was kalou, then malouda, then torres, lampard, so if not any of the above then meireles.

He is brilliant alongside Mikel in the 'double pivot'. He retains shape unlike Lamps.

Maybe too early no ? Lets watch him against big teams , then we'll value him , for me he is not that good , but if Mourinho was our Coach , he'll motivates him and could be a better player.

In the end of last season i'll admit that i thought Mikel+Lampard are good enough for it, but now its pretty clear to me they did good mainly because we played so defensevly most of the time. I understand now that they arent a good fit. Not because they cant pass the ball or something like that, simply because no one of them has that "Bulldog" mentality. Not even close. Mikel never been this way, Lampard had the energy few years ago, now he doesnt, and he's good defensevly but not that good. Now i saw Meireles in the Euro's, and i thought he was realy good at what he needed to do at Portugal's midfield. He has that energy, he can press, and he can be pretty responsible. He's a good worker. Now that we know that we arent going to have another DM in Tiote or someone like him, belive it or not i think Meireles should be a big part of this team, maybe the solution to our problem. We saw that against Newcastle it worked pretty well, Robbie MUST see this is the only solution. (wrote that in the deadline day thered.. think it fits more to this one)

I am from Turkey, but I support Chelsea team to in Europe. I try to watch all matchs from Turkey.

I would like to ask you something about Raul Meireles. There is a news until yesterday night. All newspapers, turkish internet pages, and everybody speaks about this transfer. It has written; Raul Meireles signs for Fenerbahce but I can not see them in english news page.

Does someone has a info about this transfer?

https://www.google.c...iw=1166&bih=642

I doubt Chelsea would allow it now considering we have sent Essien on loan this season.