Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikel and Essien are away on African Nations Cup duty in the Winter. I don't particularly fancy seeing Romeu playing against any of the big boys during this period.

Exactly, not that i trust Meireles anymore than I trust Romeu but at least he has experience from massive games he played last season with us that will be very useful during the period those 2 are away. I think we might even buy a defensive midfielder in the January transfer window depending on how well our season is turning out.

i forgot about the African Cup of Nations.

ACON puts me off wanting to sign any African players in the future. so we`ll lose Moses aswell.

although if we lose both Essien and Mikel we stuck with only Oriol as our DM anyway if Raul stays or not. I see him as someone who can fill in for Lampard rather than someone who can fill in for Mikel..Oriol i`d say is better at the DM role than Raul regardless of experience.

Mikel and Essien are away on African Nations Cup duty in the Winter. I don't particularly fancy seeing Romeu playing against any of the big boys during this period.

Romeu has played big games and has done well. i dont see any problems playing him against good teams.

If he can play a role in bringing Edinson Cavani here, then we should definitely offload him to Napoli.

He excels in nothing. He has a decent vision, but nothing out of this world. He is a poor passer ; he is too careless when he passes the ball, and it leads us to get caught into counters. He is a bad tackler. He isn't physical. He hasn't a good aerial game. He can't play in a double pivot role, because he is neither good at defensives duties, nor is good enough to build the game. He cannot be our CAM. He can't be our CDM in a 4-3-3. All in all, he ain't really useful, to say the least. All he is good at, it's to make silly 30-yards shots, and to chase opposition players like a mad dog. He should be, at best, an utility player.

Then, he also is 29 years-old. Next year, we will only be able to sell him for peanuts, since he is pretty average and is about to enter his thirties. So, considering he is valuated at 8 millions, and could be a part of the Cavani deal, then yes, it would be a good deal.

Of course, it would lightened our central midfield, which is already lightweighted in term of quality. But he is a poor footballer, and we can find a million of average players, who we can buy for cheap and who are actually good at something (good at defensive duties, etc...). Therefore, the ideal thing to do - if reports suggesting Napoli are interested in him and willing to sell Cavani - is to sell him to Napoli, in order to get the uruguayan, and find someone else to play in midfield if we feel we are short in this department (which shouldn't be a hard task to accomplish).

FC Porto have a offer of 32M€ from CIty probably that´s the reason AVB quit from having Moutinho.

From City?

Mancini must be filling his midfield up. Signed Rodwell, apparently is trying to talk to Roma about signing Danielle De Rossi and now Moutinho? Jesus! Surely Barry, Milner and a few others will have to move on...

FC Porto have a offer of 32M€ from CIty probably that´s the reason AVB quit from having Moutinho.

Source?

That being said then, how about Meireles moving back to Porto as part of a deal for Hulk?

I would loathe to see him go to help out Tottenham. At the beginning of the season he was playing well, is capable of scoring a couple of pearlers, and let us not forget was superb in the defensive masterclass we gave against Barcelona home and away. Ok, he's not as good as Modric, but he would benefit Tottenham's midfield.

If he can play a role in bringing Edinson Cavani here, then we should definitely offload him to Napoli.

He excels in nothing. He has a decent vision, but nothing out of this world. He is a poor passer ; he is too careless when he passes the ball, and it leads us to get caught into counters. He is a bad tackler. He isn't physical. He hasn't a good aerial game. He can't play in a double pivot role, because he is neither good at defensives duties, nor is good enough to build the game. He cannot be our CAM. He can't be our CDM in a 4-3-3. All in all, he ain't really useful, to say the least. All he is good at, it's to make silly 30-yards shots, and to chase opposition players like a mad dog. He should be, at best, an utility player.

Then, he also is 29 years-old. Next year, we will only be able to sell him for peanuts, since he is pretty average and is about to enter his thirties. So, considering he is valuated at 8 millions, and could be a part of the Cavani deal, then yes, it would be a good deal.

Of course, it would lightened our central midfield, which is already lightweighted in term of quality. But he is a poor footballer, and we can find a million of average players, who we can buy for cheap and who are actually good at something (good at defensive duties, etc...). Therefore, the ideal thing to do - if reports suggesting Napoli are interested in him and willing to sell Cavani - is to sell him to Napoli, in order to get the uruguayan, and find someone else to play in midfield if we feel we are short in this department (which shouldn't be a hard task to accomplish).

Some would argue that Ramires 'excels at nothing' perhaps with the exception of his stamina/work rate, but most Chelsea fans rate him very highly and would rather find a spot in the team for him than not.