Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average at best. I dont know where all these praises are coming from. The Midfield seemed as if players were not sure where to drift ,,,,Lampard was awful again.

The moment Mata and Sturridge went off , our entire game went from Average to Pathetic.....the amount of chances they had in our final third was amazing.... If they managed to score one of those last few chances they had....and it ended 2-2 , this forum would be losing the plot right now.

Meireles showed he can play as an attacking DM quite well.

I am scared for next weekend against Manu. Norwich Stoke West Brom and now A really horrible sunderland team...... why are we still so unconvincing? I was disappointed yesterday, specially at the commentators who were going on about Chelsea now being Title Contenders an all.....we won away 1-2....

Anyone with me on this??

No.

I'd say it was much better than expected considering we had a new signing play in a role that was unorthodox to him, and also considering more than half the squad had just returned after a busy week of internationals.

What made it look like unconvincing was the fact that we hadn't scored enough. We should have but unfortunately the CF's who have to take on majority of the goalscoring responsibility haven't exactly hit top form like the Rooney's and Aguero's...

As for the Man Utd game, we are more than capable of coming away with a draw which is probably the best you can expect against a team that is playing at such a high level atm.

Yesterday, we started showing glimpses of AVB's vision for our beloved club. We kept possession well, quick passing, and won the ball back quickly. We were by no means perfect, but I take a lot more positives than negatives away from that match. We are in a transitional phase with the team's personnel both on the touchline and on the pitch.

One strategic suggestion though. If we are to play a high line, it is imperative that we employ at least one center half that is fleet afoot. Luiz fits this description and I look forward to his return to the starting XI.

Average at best. I dont know where all these praises are coming from. The Midfield seemed as if players were not sure where to drift ,,,,Lampard was awful again.

The moment Mata and Sturridge went off , our entire game went from Average to Pathetic.....the amount of chances they had in our final third was amazing.... If they managed to score one of those last few chances they had....and it ended 2-2 , this forum would be losing the plot right now.

Meireles showed he can play as an attacking DM quite well.

I am scared for next weekend against Manu. Norwich Stoke West Brom and now A really horrible sunderland team...... why are we still so unconvincing? I was disappointed yesterday, specially at the commentators who were going on about Chelsea now being Title Contenders an all.....we won away 1-2....

Anyone with me on this??

Might as well been watching a different game. And since you've not been here long I assure you that while some may have gone made over a possible equaliser the majority of the regular posters would rather concentrate on the good 70 minutes rather than the unlucky 5.

We won and the Torres and Lampard bashing doesnt seem to be slowing down...Saying Torres doesnt get good service, is like repeating what has been said a thousand times on this forum....I believe and this is just a strong feeling, that AVB has seen how Mata, Sturridge and Torress play together in training and know what they can do together...I dont think AVB dropped Torres because he is playing like shit, even an out of form Torres is better than present day Anelka in my honest opinion (curse me out about it, i dont care).....I think he is saving the trio for either tues or Man U...I am positive that will be the starting line against Man U....

Everyone is getting pissed over not using Josh,i am also sure some of you would have been screaming start Kakuta if he wasnt out on loan, and Owen Coyle didnt even start him....AVB knows what he sees in training with Josh and there is a very good reason why he hasnt played a minute and i am gonna trust my 10million dollar manager....

People a new young coach doesnt just come into a team and drop veterans (remember the case of Scolari), dropping them is a process so that when they are dropped it doesnt stir up drama in the dressing room....He doesnt start Malouda, Kalou and Anleka(except today) anymore but you guys are blind to that right?...You dont just come to a team and drop everybody the vice captain or the captain that has brought them success and command shit load of respect in the dressing room....

Please plesae and please again people stop comparing a 33year old coach that just had is 4 game in the premier league to a veteran that has won everything in club football and has changed that Man U team more times than the number of premier league games that AVB has had...So he can do whatever he likes with his team, but AVB doesnt have that luxury yet, so he has to be careful not to loose his team to is dressing room...

I hope i at least get some rep points for this :)...lol...

Might as well been watching a different game. And since you've not been here long I assure you that while some may have gone made over a possible equaliser the majority of the regular posters would rather concentrate on the good 70 minutes rather than the unlucky 5.

There's nothing unlucky about a goal. As they say 3 points are 3 points and a draw is two points dropped rather than a point gained, atleast for a club like Chelsea.

I Understand what you're trying to say, in the end we are all supporting the same cause.... However We did not play as well as people here are saying we did.

United will be our toughest test and indeed AVB's as well. They will come at us with everything they've got and we cannot afford to have a good 70 mins and drop the tempo halfway through the second half ....They will punish us if we do. Our Defence will suffer with the High line against Chicharito etc.... Big Test!!

what is impressive is that AVB has already given time on the pitch to all the new boys .. Now expect Meireles and Mata to be regular starters

and Romeu and Josh will get some playing time along with Lukaku and Ryan

Agree. The rotation we have going on could be the difference this year, along with the youth were bringing through it's nice to have a strong manager who's not scared to switch things around when it's not working. Took some bottle to drop Torres but was justified and shows the rest of the team that nobody has a concrete spot in the side and the message has been firmly sent out that every player has to work to get on the pitch

Something we've lacked a little over the years

Good to see Danny score, superb, Danny Sturridge, Danny Sturridge, Danny Sturridge, Oh oh oh oh, Danny Sturridge etc.. Our pace seemed to be better yesterday and I thought we put pressure on Sunderland, except for towards the end where we seemed to give up, hence us conceding. Very long day travelling up and back on the train, but worthwhile as always :blue scalf: