Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakuta's on the bench, bit annoyed but unsurprised. Also Leverkuson won 4-1 away.

Sturridge was on the bench in his first match for Bolton, and his first match was against Wolves, and his goal was because Elokobi passed it back the keeper without knowing Sturridge was not far away and Sturridge intercepted then scored. Don't be to dissapointed about it.

Guest justin_3d

You're talking shit.

As i said before, he is not taking it out on Torres, He should be dropped mainly because he is not scoring, that is his role, It's as simple as that.

You're saying that as a fact, it's not, it's bullshit.

Well that's what it seems to me.

Cause AVB said he will drop player out of form. And he has done that with Torres. He did good the first 2 games and then started doing bad. So ok drop him.

But Lampard still play full 90 minutes.....

Can you explain that?

Sturridge was on the bench in his first match for Bolton, and his first match was against Wolves, and his goal was because Elokobi passed it back the keeper without knowing Sturridge was not far away and Sturridge intercepted then scored. Don't be to dissapointed about it.

Yeh I remember, like I said I am unsurprised. Guess I just want him to have as much chances as he can ASAP.

You're talking shit.

As i said before, he is not taking it out on Torres, He should be dropped mainly because he is not scoring, that is his role, It's as simple as that.

You're saying that as a fact, it's not, it's bullshit.

:doh:

Did Fergie drop rooney when he had that goal drought last season? The answer NO. Why, well he knew owen or berbatov were never going to win him the league! And guess what happened, Rooney scores a hatrick against WestHam (the one where he swears at the camera) and the floodgates open. Makes sense?

Take a deep breath and watch the full match again when you find time and then answer this:

In those last ten minutes, how many times did Torres get the ball played to his feet in the final third?

Give him a full 90 with sturridge and mata on the wing and then come to any conclusions.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent! :chai:

For whatever reason people seem to care more about what Torres does than whether Chelsea are winning or not, strange times.

I don't think it's so much a case of caring more about what Torres does, as much as what we would like to see him do. And in fact, really what we'd like to see the whole team do.

I say leave Torres on the bench if he can't produce anything. But if you're going to play him, leave Mata on. As one of the few players who picks him out, if you're going to take Mata off, don't bother putting Torres on at all. There was a moment near the end where Torres was wide open and Malouda could of just played him in. He didn't though, and Torres threw the hands up. If the likes of Malouda was linking up with Torres then perhaps we would actually see something from him, and could of gone on to win with 3, 4, whatever. So it's frustrating for a lot of people to watch their team when many of the players aren't clicking.

We may have won, which is brilliant no doubt. But in the end, it was unconvincing, albeit it certainly wasn't an easy fixture. If Mata hadn't of played a part in this game, it would never of ended how it did. So if he picks up a knock we're snookered. And for a lot of people, they wonder what we're going to do if we have to make do with the likes of Malouda on the supply line. Torres might be the key figure of many peoples worry's. But he's just the tip of the iceberg. The worry runs deeper than him.

Did Fergie drop rooney when he had that goal drought last season? The answer NO. Why, well he knew owen or berbatov were never going to win him the league! And guess what happened, Rooney scores a hatrick against WestHam (the one where he swears at the camera) and the floodgates open. Makes sense?

Take a deep breath and watch the full match again when you find time and then answer this:

In those last ten minutes, how many times did Torres get the ball played to his feet in the final third?

Give him a full 90 with sturridge and mata on the wing and then come to any conclusions.

He wasn't talking about Torres in particular....He's just asking how you can be biased towards one player, and criticize another

I think we played very well until we got the 2nd goal. The pace of moving the ball was great and for once our off the ball running was quite good too. After getting the 2nd goal we became a little slow. But what i dont understand is our outrageously high defense line. If we keep this up i think beating manu will be very difficult.

PS: Today was a new low even for Torres. I had my doubts before this match but he confirmed it today that he is nothing but a "high profile-give up-selfish son of a bitch"

I think we played very well until we got the 2nd goal. The pace of moving the ball was great and for once our off the ball running was quite good too. After getting the 2nd goal we became a little slow. But what i dont understand is our outrageously high defense line. If we keep this up i think beating manu will be very difficult.

PS: Today was a new low even for Torres. I had my doubts before this match but he confirmed it today that he is nothing but a "high profile-give up-selfish son of a bitch"

:wank2: what the fuck are you on? what chance did he get? who supplied him with anything worth talking about? did he not put himself about?

Pathetic. Can I have some of what you're on?

Mata by the way is an absolute star, i love the way he never stops moving,passes and moves like noone else on the pitch and his free kicks dont look too bad either. Can really see him being a legend here

what i am talking about is the last chance of the match. when torres decided to (well i dont even know if it was a pass or a shot instead of just slotting to ramires). That just sums up this man.

no it really doesnt

Well that's what it seems to me.

Cause AVB said he will drop player out of form. And he has done that with Torres. He did good the first 2 games and then started doing bad. So ok drop him.

But Lampard still play full 90 minutes.....

Can you explain that?

Torres played alright, but he still never scored, that is his role.

Lampard maybe never played that well in the first game, but the last two games he hasn't played bad at all.

We have been giving Torres chances, he just hasn't scored, so he should be dropped.

He has only scored 1 goal, in so many games.

I honestly don't know why you cant see the reason AVB dropped Torres. It seems like you're so biased toward Torres, you cant see his faults, instead you blame the midfield.

I have watched Torres for over a decade and this stretch he's going through is even starting to worry me. He's so off (form, mental) that it's not even funny. On the other hand, in 10+ years of watching, I've never seen him play with some players who seem so unable and unwilling to play with him. If the choice is to play Torres and Malouda together, I'd rather see Torres sit on the bench because those two together are completely incompatible.

Torres played alright, but he still never scored, that is his role.

Lampard maybe never played that well in the first game, but the last two games he hasn't played bad at all.

We have been giving Torres chances, he just hasn't scored, so he should be dropped.

He has only scored 1 goal, in so many games.

I honestly don't know why you cant see the reason AVB dropped Torres. It seems like you're so biased toward Torres, you cant see his faults, instead you blame the midfield.

I see you didnt read the part about Rooney and his barren run. I am not saying that Torres is on form and playing well, the thing that gets on my nerves is how people tend to forget the service he has been receiving in the last 15 matches or so. Bar that fulham game last season (the one where Luiz picked him out and he had another great chance), our team has created shite nothing for him to feed on. How on earth is he meant to score? In case you're wondering, he has never been the sort of player who would pick the ball up from his own half and then score unlike messi or ronaldo!

Anyways, I'll repeat it again:

Torres = CF

Lampard = Midfield

I'll leave you to work out the rest...