Juan Mata

Severinb

I know that. It's just that I'm surprised it was Roman who pushed for this particular transfer.

(and yes, I am aware that he got Shevchenko and Torres!)

And what makes you think that sentence in the article is true? It's not referenced, has no source, and just looks like someone crammed it in there to make himself look like he knows everything.

Besides, Mata himself said last season that AVB was the one who wanted him here and convinced him to come (when asked why he chose Chelsea).

And what makes you think that sentence in the article is true? It's not referenced, has no source, and just looks like someone crammed it in there to make himself look like he knows everything.

Besides, Mata himself said last season that AVB was the one who wanted him here and convinced him to come (when asked why he chose Chelsea).

If that had been reported by the Daily Star or Daily Mail, I would probably wouldn't believe it one bit. However, considering it's from the Guardian, a much more reliable source than those mentioned for example, one would like think it has some sort of truth to it.

And besides, that article never said anything about AVB not being interested in Mata at all. Just mentioned that Romeu and Meireles were his main priorities. Mata is probably the 3rd priority in that list and Roman ensured that we brought him to the club by supporting AVB!

Villas-Boas, preferred to target Oriol Romeu and Raul Meireles as priority additions. It was Roman Abramovich who pushed to pursue Mata as a third, bonus buy.

And besides, that article never said anything about AVB not being interested in Mata at all. Just mentioned that Romeu and Meireles were his main priorities.

That alone should tell you that whoever wrote the article had no idea what he's talking about. We weren't interested in Meireles until transfer deadline day when we had our final bid for Modric turned down, long after we had signed Mata.

That alone should tell you that whoever wrote the article had no idea what he's talking about. We weren't interested in Meireles until transfer deadline day when we had our final bid for Modric turned down, long after we had signed Mata.

So, you were skeptical about that news previously and now, you assumed everything that is reported out there on Modric is true then? Club pursued Modric but AVB was probably more interested in bringing Meireles to the club. He probably just went along with the club's interest and when we couldn't get Modric, we bought Meireles immediately. Clearly he has been already mentioned to the club and targeted as a 2nd choice then.

So, you were skeptical about that news previously and now, you assumed everything that is reported out there on Modric is true then? Club pursued Modric but AVB was probably more interested in bringing Meireles to the club. He probably just went along with the club's interest and when we couldn't get Modric, we bought Meireles immediately. Clearly he has been already mentioned to the club and targeted as a 2nd choice then.

There were no rumors what so ever about Miereles before the deadline day. If there were any interest then the club did an uncharacteristically amazing job at keeping it quite because Raul's signing was a complete shock to everyone. But even if we had interest in Meireles to be the plan B after Modric, that's not exactly what the paper said. They said that Roman pushed to sign Mata when AVB was more concerned in signing Oriol and Raul. But when we signed Mata were still very much in the Modric deal, meaning Raul was not a priority as the writer claims.

Besides, why would Roman get involved personally in the signing of someone like Mata? He was hardly a house-hold name when we bought him. Very few knew a lot about his playing style and half our fans had only seen him play a few times. He was no Torres or Modric or Ballack. Seems extremely unlikely that Roman would get involved.

There were no rumors what so ever about Miereles before the deadline day. If there were any interest then the club did an uncharacteristically amazing job at keeping it quite because Raul's signing was a complete shock to everyone. But even if we had interest in Meireles to be the plan B after Modric, that's not exactly what the paper said. They said that Roman pushed to sign Mata when AVB was more concerned in signing Oriol and Raul. But when we signed Mata were still very much in the Modric deal, meaning Raul was not a priority as the writer claims.

That depends on whether you're looking from the club's perspective or AVB's in regards to the transfers. AVB probably targeted Romeu, Meireles and Mata while the club's plan was to get Modric and Mata. Got Romeu, then pursued Modric with Meireles as plan B while also getting Mata in the process. The club had one idea while AVB was probably having another and likely to obliged to the club's targets.

Besides, why would Roman get involved personally in the signing of someone like Mata? He was hardly a house-hold name when we bought him. Very few knew a lot about his playing style and half our fans had only seen him play a few times. He was no Torres or Modric or Ballack. Seems extremely unlikely that Roman would get involved.

People can change can't they? Roman after all wanted us to play the tiki-taka football and perhaps he say and thought Mata would fit the bill.

That depends on whether you're looking from the club's perspective or AVB's in regards to the transfers. AVB probably targeted Romeu, Meireles and Mata while the club's plan was to get Modric and Mata. Got Romeu, then pursued Modric with Meireles as plan B while also getting Mata in the process. The club had one idea while AVB was probably having another and likely to obliged to the club's targets.

People can change can't they? Roman after all wanted us to play the tiki-taka football and perhaps he say and thought Mata would fit the bill.

We're going around in circles, here. You're free to believe what you want, as am I, and that part in the article seems extremely unlikely to me.

We're going around in circles, here. You're free to believe what you want, as am I, and that part in the article seems extremely unlikely to me.

I'm not sure why are we even arguing this in the first place. At the end of the day, I can't be bothered if it was Roman, AVB, Emenalo, security guards or the tea lady that got Mata here. Just grateful that we managed to get him and have him playing for us.

Mata in his latest weekly blog post..

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2013/04/08/semana-redonda-en-el-bridge/

Moreover, I tell you that I am fully recovered of the virus I mentioned the previous week. I feel better and no, my skin hasn’t turned blue due to the virus I’m telling this because of the new spot we made in February. We had a great time. It was fun and the result is spectacular (although I almost drowned in so much paint!)

:lol:

Mata is a good person, genuinely humble! :)

I believe he is playing at his best level, he will be what we already saw, not much improvement left (which is not bad, he is definetly playing at a super high level). What will indeed improve is the team and the players around him!

I am certain we found a loyal and amazing servant to the club, incredible transfer. A true blue! :blue scalf:

Mata is a good person, genuinely humble! :)

I believe he is playing at his best level, he will be what we already saw, not much improvement left (which is not bad, he is definetly playing at a super high level). What will indeed improve is the team and the players around him!

I am certain we found a loyal and amazing servant to the club, incredible transfer. A true blue! :blue scalf:

U know he might even challenge Messi in a few years. It might sound unrealistic but the way he's improving it's possible!

I cant see it so who does he think is the player of the season?