Juan Mata

Severinb

I feel bad for Mata, I don't think he is ever going to get the chance to be in Spain starting 11.

Ever? He is already slowly being introduced much more than he was pre 2012.

World Cup Team (Difference might be between Mata and Silva though Mata has shown significancnt signs of higher future performance in comparison to Silva.)

Mata------Cesc------Pedro

--------Iniesta--Xavi--------

----------Busquets---------

Alba------------------Ramos

------Martinez--Pique--------

------------Casillas--------------

Spanish National Team year 2018

------------------Rodrigo-----------

Munian/Isco-----Mata-----Pedro

-------------Thiago--Busquets----

-------Alba---------------------Montoya

--------------Martinez---Pique-----------

--------------------De Gea----------------

World Cup Team (Difference might be between Mata and Silva though Mata has shown significancnt signs of higher future performance in comparison to Silva.)

No Azpi at RB? Haven't seen Montoya do anything special in his career so far...

Is Rodrigo really that good in real life? I only know he's a future Ballon d'Or winner on my FM save when re-trained as a winger but haven't seen much of him at Benfica. ;)

Spanish National Team year 2018 ------------------Rodrigo----------- Munian/Isco-----Mata-----Pedro -------------Thiago--Busquets---- -------Alba---------------------Montoya --------------Martinez---Pique----------- --------------------De Gea----------------

No azpi or carvajal at right back?

It's not a slight against Mata that he doesn't start for Spain, it's just the playing style clashes. Just like how Torres never shined for Spain at any point in his career like Villa has.

Spain plays tiki-taka, Mata and Torres are too direct. I think even Isco will get more starts for Spain than Mata by 2018.

It's not a slight against Mata that he doesn't start for Spain, it's just the playing style clashes. Just like how Torres never shined for Spain at any point in his career like Villa has.

Spain plays tiki-taka, Mata and Torres are too direct. I think even Isco will get more starts for Spain than Mata by 2018.

That is partly due to Del Bosque's style of play. That was not the case with Aragones and I know the next manager, if not Pep, will avoid that considering the fact we have great talent where that style isn't necessary as we typically edge out results.

No Azpi at RB? Haven't seen Montoya do anything special in his career so far...

Is Rodrigo really that good in real life? I only know he's a future Ballon d'Or winner on my FM save when re-trained as a winger but haven't seen much of him at Benfica. ;)

I've been watching Montoya as well as Carvajal who has shown promise, it really will be a battle out for all three and the choice upon the manager, but Montoya is a fantastic 'footballer' whereas Azpili is a great defender. Montoya suits the side a bit more.

Rodrigo is a gem :wub:

Slowly introduced... How is he being slowly introduced, he.barely played.euro 2012 and Spain suckass in the.Olympics. I be shocked if he took santi or Silva place...

Also, I love how you dropped cesc and Silva for 2018.. (Martinez cm and thiago takes the.middle.

Slowly introduced... How is he being slowly introduced, he.barely played.euro 2012 and Spain suckass in the.Olympics. I be shocked if he took santi or Silva place...

Also, I love how you dropped cesc and Silva for 2018.. (Martinez cm and thiago takes the.middle.

Again, it is most likely down to the new manager and his preference in how we display our football. Mata has been increasingly involved in Spain's qualifiers over the likes of Cazorla, Benat, etc. His form will undoubtly continue and I am expecting him to be introduced into the first team before 2014, whether it will be a permanent first selection basis remains to be seen. Cesc will be 30 and Silva will be 32 and I am 85 percent they have already reached their peak while other talents, Munian, Thiago, Tello, Martinez, will easily emerge on to the world and have ceilings capable of tremendous quality just as the golden generation. I even expect Ingo Martinez to fully replace Puyol soon.